Either I'm missing something, or not understanding something with these tank changes

Ok so just looking over the class previews and from what I've read the self heals for tanks are basically going to take away the need for healers...
    Guardian Druid -
    Frenzied Regeneration
    10 Rage, Instant, 20 sec recharge (2 charges)
    Heals you for 100% of all damage taken in the last 6 sec over 6 sec (minimum 5% of maximum health)
    Prot Warrior -
    Ignore Pain
    40 Rage, Instant
    Fight through the pain, ignoring 90% of the next massive amount (based on maximum health) of damage you take.
    Blood DK -
    Death Strike
    40 Runic Power, Melee Range, Instant
    Focuses dark power into a strike that deals strong Physical damage and heals you for 50% of all damage taken in the last 6 sec (minimum 7% of maximum health).
    If you are below 35% health when this is cast, all Runic Power is consumed, increasing the potency of the healing effect

Firstly all of these are instant and basically don't really have much of a CD, and secondly, say as a Guardian Druid, you take 1mil dmg in a 6 second period, does this then give you a 1mil heal?

Quote Originally Posted by nickp007 View Post
    Ok so just looking over the class previews and from what I've read the self heals for tanks are basically going to take away the need for healers...
    Guardian Druid -
    Frenzied Regeneration
    10 Rage, Instant, 20 sec recharge (2 charges)
    Heals you for 100% of all damage taken in the last 6 sec over 6 sec (minimum 5% of maximum health)
    Prot Warrior -
    Ignore Pain
    40 Rage, Instant
    Fight through the pain, ignoring 90% of the next massive amount (based on maximum health) of damage you take.
    Blood DK -
    Death Strike
    40 Runic Power, Melee Range, Instant
    Focuses dark power into a strike that deals strong Physical damage and heals you for 50% of all damage taken in the last 6 sec (minimum 7% of maximum health).
    If you are below 35% health when this is cast, all Runic Power is consumed, increasing the potency of the healing effect

Firstly all of these are instant and basically don't really have much of a CD, and secondly, say as a Guardian Druid, you take 1mil dmg in a 6 second period, does this then give you a 1mil heal?
    Well two things. Either they are place holders as final tuning isn't even close to being started. Or tanks will be taking massive hits a lot more often in the next expac and taking will require constant use of these cds to not drain healers of mana.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Well two things. Either they are place holders as final tuning isn't even close to being started. Or tanks will be taking massive hits a lot more often in the next expac and taking will require constant use of these cds to not drain healers of mana.
    Yeh I mean I'm mostly thinking of PvP and something like a guardian just sitting on a flag and spinning it for the entire game while healing himself for all the damage he takes...

Maybe they're trying to make tanks more viable for soloing?

Deleted
    sure, no cooldown, but you still need to acquire enough rage/runic power to use them.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-11-12 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    sure, no cooldown, but you still need to acquire enough rage/runic power to use them.
    Rage and runic power are not hard to build up lol, its literally a few hits to get enough for these heals

Tank tuning is probably going through many passes due to all of the talents that tanks will have making their kits a bit unpredictable right now. Obviously pure speculation since I don't know how the tuning process happens internally, but talents and artifact perks seem like they could make tank tuning complicated.

- - - Updated - - -

Rage and runic power are not hard to build up lol, its literally a few hits to get enough for these heals
    Using your experience with WoD RP and Rage generation to judge Legion abilities seems a bit silly. We already know that DKs will generate more RP with blood strike, and less with Death Strike, we already know that prot warriors will generate rage differently too.

Deleted
    did you forget the part where they reduced rage gain from rotation for warriors by like 80%? and mangle gives like 5 rage now. pretty much every tank resource system has been overhauled to complement these new abilities.

I don't even know why they bothered releasing these previews.

They are so far from release as to be almost useless and shit like that will be nerfed to pvp if the dev's have any sense (Well they don't but it'll dawn on them in 7.1 or something)

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I don't even know why they bothered releasing these previews.

They are so far from release as to be almost useless and shit like that will be nerfed to pvp if the dev's have any sense (Well they don't but it'll dawn on them in 7.1 or something)
    Eh, fair enough that these "previews" will most likely be changed (but who knows with Blizz these days) but its still scary that they are coming out and giving us numbers like 50% and 100% instead of just saying X amount. At least by saying XYZ amount it shows they still aren't sure about the scaling and are still working on a final number.
    "Heals you for 100% of all damage taken in the last 6 sec over 6 sec" to me seems like something they thought about and came to a conclusion on.
    Last edited by nickp007; 2015-11-12 at 06:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lexicaloracle View Post
    Maybe they're trying to make tanks more viable for soloing?
    Brewmaster and Blood DK say hi...