Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    No, Obama defunded NASA, so they wouldn't possibly be ours.
    Yeah, sure he did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_...administration
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    hopefully the next administration would refund NASA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidchest View Post
    What country has the guts to shoot an American shaceship? China? Russia? Nuclear armed countries? Are they that irrational to potentially start a thermonuclear war with the most powerful country in the world?
    Even Zeus was once subdued by the rest of Olympus.

There might be ways to get around this idiotic treaty. If EU and US unite, we can pretty much ignore China and Russia.
    And how would Europe know they could trust the US after the US comes to them asking if they want to break an international treaty they themselves helped set up?

The treaty isn't idiotic, it's necessary.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    And how would Europe know they could trust the US after the US comes to them asking if they want to break an international treaty they themselves helped set up?

The treaty isn't idiotic, it's necessary.
    The treaty was set up in the time when US and EU represented a sizable portion of the total human population. Now we have to share the stars with a bunch of random countries which have vastly different cultures than ours. China 1.4B they already have their own space agency, by the time Africa becomes developed, they will have about 2-3B. South Asia is currently at around 4 B and will be a bit higher by the time they too become developed to have their own space agencies. I do not want to fucking share Mars and the Moon with people of vastly different cultures.

We as Americans, as Europeans, as Canadians, as Australians, as WESTERNERS must colonize and take over the moon, Mars and BEYOND before the rest of the world becomes powerful enough to copy our technology to colonize. Time is running out.

Not gonna lie, that sounds pretty racist.

The treaty was set up in the time when US and EU represented a sizable portion of the total human population. Now we have to share the stars with a bunch of random countries which have vastly different cultures than ours. China 1.4B they already have their own space agency, by the time Africa becomes developed, they will have about 2-3B. South Asia is currently at around 4 B and will be a bit higher by the time they too become developed to have their own space agencies. I do not want to fucking share Mars and the Moon with people of vastly different cultures.

We as Americans, as Europeans, as Canadians, as Australians, as WESTERNERS must colonize and take over the moon, Mars and BEYOND before the rest of the world becomes powerful enough to copy our technology to colonize. Time is running out.
    Manifest Destiny all the way to Pluto! I say once we westeners get off Earth we poison all of the planets water supply to ensure that we aren't followed and have to compete over resources on our new homes. I'm already claiming the position of Divine Ruler of Uranus.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pissing off the entire world would be a good way of ruining your economy at best and at worst war.
    Pick your poison and remember by the time it is feasible there will be a bunch of much larger countries than US with well devloped armed forces to piss on the parade.

- - - Updated - - -

There might be ways to get around this idiotic treaty. If EU and US unite, we can pretty much ignore China and Russia.
    You miss the point, just look at the mess in Antarctica. Treaties are put in advance to hinder conflicts. They might not be perfect when signed (again Antarctica) but the reason for them is.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

To answer your last question; we are about thirty years away from a manned mission.
    source: this is just what i do for a living so yeah.

Is something else to read if you want an idea of what direction we are heading, google VASIMR rocket
    Last edited by Aquares; 2015-11-12 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquares View Post
    To answer your last question; we are about thirty years away from a manned mission.
    source: this is just what i do for a living so yeah.

Is something else to read if you want an idea of what direction we are heading, google VASIMR rocket

Rolf. I'm actually surprised that no one here has any idea at all about what's going on with Mars colonization.

- - - Updated - - -

Mars One is beyond a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNLZYBxMYSc

I guess we technically already own the moon. We won it via conquest of the indigenous population and planted our flag at the end as proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Ha, that would be funny. Even more funny when said colonies decided to take a page from the history of their founders and break away from the ol' ball and chain back here on Earth.

Sorry, America! We got to the party late and missed out on the big colonization craze (not like it really panned out for most of the countries involved). Why would generations born in space identify with our nationalities back here on Earth anyway? Sure, maybe we could be the first to set things up there, but assuming such colonies were both self sufficient and had something to leverage (natural resources, ports between other future colonies) it would only be a matter of time before they decided to become autonomous.
    Robert Heinlein wrote a great book about that: The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress. Mining colonies revolt against the Earth and fight a war for their autonomy. Good stuff.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Robert Heinlein wrote a great book about that: The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress. Mining colonies revolt against the Earth and fight a war for their autonomy. Good stuff.
    Hehe beaming large lasers back and forth, fucking up Earths powergrids, aviation and stuff. Star Wars yo!

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Hehe beaming large lasers back and forth, fucking up Earths powergrids, aviation and stuff. Star Wars yo!

Actually they turned this delivery system they have for the minerals they're mining into a gigantic slingshot and basically hurled meteors at the Earth, dropping them in the ocean first to show they could do it and then when Earth didn't budge they got a LITTLE more precise.....
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt any country would risk a major war over Mars or the moon. Honestly what right do they have to stop us? First come first served. If they want a piece of the pie, they will have to colonize a portion before we get there first.

- - - Updated - - -

All the treaties and laws won't mean jack shit if they can't be enforced.
    They can be enforced.....by an army. If we just dismiss a treaty like that and stake a claim it would cause a major international issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually they turned this delivery system they have for the minerals they're mining into a gigantic slingshot and basically hurled meteors at the Earth, dropping them in the ocean first to show they could do it and then when Earth didn't budge they got a LITTLE more precise.....
    I looked it up, ordered a new Visa card and I got the card and the code will come by mail tomorrow.
    Will go buy it, after a true story book about escaping Korea and S Jobs biography I might spoil myself with something more lighter.
    Need to go buy some liquor tomorrow and will pop by a store that has it. Reviews look great

Deleted
    hmm did I read a different book ? thought they were using the containers they had used to send wheat down there

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    They can be enforced.....by an army. If we just dismiss a treaty like that and stake a claim it would cause a major international issue.
    Well seeing as all but like what 5-10 countries can at best point a slingshot at the sky to get something into space I'd be willing to chance it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Isnt it prohibited for countries to own anything none-manmade in space, planets included?
    Earth is in space. Earth is not manmade. If it's worded "anything in space that's not manmade, the treaty is irrational to begin with or can't include moons and planets.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Well seeing as all but like what 5-10 countries can at best point a slingshot at the sky to get something into space I'd be willing to chance it.
    And all the ton rockets needed to ship material there to establish a colony, ought to be easy targets to pop.