Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    So the Afghanis requested fire support in a war zone. We gave them the support.

In a war zone, bullets flying, people dying war zone.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So the Afghanis requested fire support in a war zone. We gave them the support.

In a war zone, bullets flying, people dying war zone.
    negligence is not checking what you are bombing before bombing it

10+ Year Old Account
    *Gasp* The government telling lies?! No, it can't be.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Indeed, you are in this along with Russia and China.
    I've noticed the Russians invariably defend their own excesses by pointing out the US is the same or worse. As I've said to the Russians about the US, if your moral yardstick as an American is China/Russia then you are so far gone you might as well just abandon any pretence about your humanity altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    From that it looks like the US forces were played by the Afghanis, and tried to cover for their allies' misinformation by taking some of the blame, rather than any deliberate act of the US to attack the hospital.

Perhaps it will remind them not to rely so heavily on information from partisan groups in a civil war.
    The problem is that even if that information had been accurate it would still be a war crime to just attack the (well established, known) hospital without ever even trying to warn them and give them time to evacuate. Every discussion about what sources of information they had is beside the point. The act istself is bad enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Precedent shows that the US doesn't go around purposely targeting hospitals.

Collateral damage is an accepted part of war.
    They have a history of giving any priority to avoiding targeting hospitals.

And no, there is a limit to how much collateral damage is accepted even during a war.