Mythic Gorefiend Question: Add Spawn Mechanics

The group I run mythic with just started mythic gorefiend and after our first night of attempts I am confused as to the mechanics behind what causes dps/healer adds to spawn. I have always assumed the adds spawn in the stomach continually starting after the first dps get the shadow of death but someone in our group said a certain number of adds spawn whenever someone goes in. So my questions would be as follows:

1. Do the adds spawn continuously or do a certain number spawn when people go in?

2. If a certain number are spawned when people go in, is it only triggered by shadow of death or just whenever someone dies?

3. If it is only triggered by shadow of death, is it a good idea to send in people via the pool to help burn adds?

1. Continuously until nearing feast where they'll stop spawning until people go back in after feast
    2. Spawn isnt based on people going in, more based on timer. You can have your raid wipe and all go inside, doesnt mean lots of adds will spawn inside. Same number of adds despite how many are inside
    3. This is recommended during the times when the tank is sent in so you have someone help burn the tank add while the others stay on construct adds

For our first kills, we'd send the people who handled the souls on the pull (SPriest/DK in our case), followed by a DPS at around the ~20 second mark (coinciding with the first tank add spawn), followed immediately by another DPS which went in after the first DPS came back up. We'd still occasionally end up with more adds than we could handle, but found this to be the easiest way to manage everything for our first kills.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For our first kill (pre digest change) we 5 healed. You get four total dps shadow of death debuffs naturally in each phase one, a total of eight dps. This is assuming you are using two sacs on the pull for your soul team. This gives you three "extras" to work with IF no one dies to something random early. Each avoidable death reduces this by one naturally. We sac two on the pull (soul team). We wait til the first shadow of death goes out and then sac a hunter. If this hunter happens to be chosen for that first shadow of death we call a backup. This hunter or backup helps break the first tank add in addition to dpsing constructs. We sac another hunter for the second tank add. We sac a third dps (the only dps left who doesn't have gorefiends corruption) around 30 seconds before feast. This dps job is to clean up as much as possible before the feast to maximize boss dps time. We found we were spending the first ten seconds of each feast dealing with straggling constructs instead of dpsing the boss.

We also sacced one healer, whichever we felt was weakest in the stomach and broke them out pretty quick. This way you can ensure your best four healers always go down.

During feast your soul team and this one healer do not clear there debuffs. All of this is predicated on people not dying to extra things. So bear that in mind when calling suicides, if someone got sent in early to an avoidable death, subtract one from your suicide list. The adds spawn on a timer. We found by finding the best times to use our suicides it really cleaned up the top
    Sinthetik, Blood DK, BM Monk, GM, Exiled From Hell, US Premiere Daytime Progression Guild. 7/7 Mythic HM, 10/10 Mythic BRF. 12/13 Mythic, 13/13 Heroic HFC.

Deleted
    For the healing adds (essences):

Each phase 4 healers will get Shadow of Death, in pairs of 2. The first pair goes in about 15 seconds in, the second pair goes in about one minute after that. Every time a pair goes in, 5 essences will spawn staggered, with about 5 seconds between each spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    The group I run mythic with just started mythic gorefiend and after our first night of attempts I am confused as to the mechanics behind what causes dps/healer adds to spawn. I have always assumed the adds spawn in the stomach continually starting after the first dps get the shadow of death but someone in our group said a certain number of adds spawn whenever someone goes in. So my questions would be as follows:

1. Do the adds spawn continuously or do a certain number spawn when people go in?

2. If a certain number are spawned when people go in, is it only triggered by shadow of death or just whenever someone dies?

3. If it is only triggered by shadow of death, is it a good idea to send in people via the pool to help burn adds?
    1. The adds spawn continuously throughout phase 1. You will get ~8 adds per dps shadow of death.

2. n/a

3. The main strategy for getting through p1 will vary depending on your guild. We send down 1 hunter to kill the big add during the first 2xdeath. After that we have 1 person assigned to watching who gets picked for death and calling out an additional useful dps to go down and help them. If the 2 chosen for "death" are weak on cc/slows, the 2 best specs to help them are MM hunters and Arcane mages. Both have a ton of slows/stuns/roots to delay the adds travel to the portal. If you are going to send extra people then attempting to spread out your best cc will lead to much a cleaner phase 1.

This assumes you are 4 healing the fight though.