Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskendereya View Post
    Besides the fact that she ignored the question, how is Hillary Clinton's position any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Would you want to live in Baltimore?, that's America.
    Yes, because it is America. What sort of question is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes, because it is America. What sort of question is this?
    You wouldn't want to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Interesting thing is that only in US can a nutjob such as this be in 2nd place and actually gain some initial votes from such a statement.
    I want to fastforward some months
    Yet leftist leaders in Sweden have made your country the rape capital of Europe through uncontrolled 3rd world immigration. But yeah, Ben Carson is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You wouldn't want to live there.
    You should have swapped out Baltimore for Detroit, Baltimore has Johns Hopkins and a lot of historic architecture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    You seem to be under the belief that NATO automatically overrides the sovereignty of individual member states. For NATO to intervene, they would need to be invited in by a member that is under military threat/attack. There is no such thing as 'NATO airspace', and anyone that thinks Turkey would just say 'hey NATO(US), come wage an air war with Russia in our country!' is crazy.

This entire way of thinking stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of the world, which is that the US has limitless resources and an all powerful military. The past decade has proven this is not the case. I guess we missed out on going for world domination during that brief window when we were the only nation with nuclear weapons.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_Air_Policing There is actually NATO air defense of NATO air space. Also, Turkey is part of NATO and has already allowed US air superiority fighters to rotate in, by request. Even the F-15Es have been seen flying in Turkey armed only with AMRAAMs.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2015-11-13 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You should have swapped out Baltimore for Detroit, Baltimore has Johns Hopkins and a lot of historic architecture.
    Baltimore surges past Detroit in number of homicides in 2015
    Baltimore has become the second most violent city in America, a Baltimore Brew survey finds, with a homicide rate exceeded only by St. Louis.

Baltimore has become the second most violent city in America, a Baltimore Brew survey finds, with a homicide rate exceeded only by St. Louis.
    I lived in Chicago, those violent crime numbers don't scare me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why don't you live in Wyoming?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    So why don't you live in Wyoming?
    Uh hello, super volcano.

On topic: Russia isn't some 3rd world banana republic that we can just push around. I don't like the war drums being pounded because if we went to war with Russia all life on earth would be exterminated in a nuclear war.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2015-11-13 at 06:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Un hello, super volcano.
    Super volcanoes?

Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

As someone who also has a medical background, I like and respect Doc Carson, I really do.

But this idea he has on how to deal with Russia is pure Dumbfuckery.

I have a better idea, we renew our friendship with Russia, formally apologize to Syria and pull our military out of the region. If Putin and Assad need help with logistics, offer to help but beyond that nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    formally apologize to Syria and pull our military out of the region. If Putin and Assad need help with logistics, offer to help but beyond that nothing more.
    What did we do to Syria? We got permission from Assad, the Shiite president of Syria to bomb ISIS, bombing ISIS is in his interest.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    ^^ Then again, I wasn't speaking of Syria, but Russias general practice of trolling nearby countries, like Finland and Estonia.
    As someone who lives in Estonia, that's total nonsense. Estonia trolls Russia much more than Russia trolls neighboring countries. Constant military drills near border, crossing border for lulz, making big political statements about Russia being bad based on absolutely nothing. Then Russia reacts, Estonian politicians make big news out of it and earn $$ from US for successful trolling. Its a big money making here for politicians and I'm totally cool with that. A lot of good was done because of money from that trolling, most of it went into modernizing infrastructure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Carson is beyond ignorant, it's not even funny. It gets worse every day...
    "Worse" happened long ago

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What did we do to Syria? We got permission from Assad, the Shiite president of Syria to bomb ISIS, bombing ISIS is in his interest.
    Aren't you American? your location shows as Nevada. In which case no you didn't get permission from Assad to bomb ISIS, that was Russia, you got asked specifically to stay out of it, hence the international uproar about your bombing campaign being in violation of international law.

IIRC the US's claim as to why it's not illegal is that they should be able to bomb ISIS in Syria because they are fighting with Iraq (a US ally) and the Syrian military is unable to combat them to an acceptable level (because they are already tied up fighting US backed insurgents).

Deleted
    1 or 2 planes. if they get into our NATO no-flight zone, would not trigger ww3 if they get shot down. But it would send a message to the Russians that they should
    stop what they were doing before.