Thread: Cheap people

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Adulthood 101.
    Whenever I read something like this I cannot help but wonder if the person bringing it up is even sixteen yet...

Simple rule, if you want to remain friends, never borrow or lend money to them, period.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to sound rude, but i'm going to anyway.

The only cheap person i'm seeing is you OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    I know she's got quite a lot of money saved away
    Her money is no one else's business unless she mooches off you. This makes you sound like an entitled busy-body. Maybe she's tired of chasing people for what she's owed.

I hate scrooges who free load off everyone else, and they never understand why they're excluded from everything. Many live minimally and compensate for their qol when they can make you pay. It's like they hoard it all just to pass off to heirs who never gave them time of day.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Someone I know went full retard about money earlier, she's got a pretty good pay, I know she's got quite a lot of money saved away as well and I forgot to transfer money to my card, so I didn't have any money on my card when I was trying to pay at the store, so asked if she could pay this time.

Nope, she couldn't pay. She's got money on her card, but not paying for this time. Nope, she doesn't have the money to do that. Said I could transfer the money to her when we get back home. Nope, she didn't want to pay even then.

What the hell is it with some people? They've got money but still can't do something like that when others do it for them? Like, what the hell. And then to continue refusing to pay even though she'd get it back when we get back home.

Is there anyone else that really, really hates cheap people? Why are they even doing this shit?
    Sorry to say most rich people behave this way. Heck, one of the richest people in the US coached someone from Austria on how to apply for social security benefits to encourage him to come to the US (he had health concerns) rather than paying for the health insurance of someone he wanted to employ.

That is the true method of how the rich get rich and stay rich. They are ultimately cheapskates.

Maybe you should look into getting a credit card or two instead of getting mad at others for not lending you money.

What the hell is it with some people? They've got money but still can't do something like that when others do it for them?
    I found it extremely odd you are not here in America. This is basically the battle cry of the FSA here.

"You have money, you should help me."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you shopping when you don't have money on your card? Shouldn't you put money on the card and then go shopping with friends? Lending money to someone who is irresponsible in the act of you lending, seems foolish... not cheap... The only thing that seems wrong on your friend's part, is discussing how much money they have with you.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Someone I know went full retard about money earlier, she's got a pretty good pay, I know she's got quite a lot of money saved away as well and I forgot to transfer money to my card, so I didn't have any money on my card when I was trying to pay at the store, so asked if she could pay this time.

Nope, she couldn't pay. She's got money on her card, but not paying for this time. Nope, she doesn't have the money to do that. Said I could transfer the money to her when we get back home. Nope, she didn't want to pay even then.

What the hell is it with some people? They've got money but still can't do something like that when others do it for them? Like, what the hell. And then to continue refusing to pay even though she'd get it back when we get back home.

Is there anyone else that really, really hates cheap people? Why are they even doing this shit?
    Maybe she had the money because she doesn't just loan every tom dick and harry money.

Maybe this thread should be about someone went fully retarded asking to borrow money.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I pay for other people's stuff all the time, without expecting to be paid back.

I do it too much in fact.
    yo lets be friends :P

Deleted
    You know when you ask someone to borrow money, they say no, and then continue to ask them for money, listing the various ways you could get that money to them, you come off as the cheap one right?

Just because she's got money saved away doesn't entitle you to it, when I was saving for my mortgage deposit, I had over 10k in my bank account for over a year, doesn't mean you go lending it out to "people you know".

There's a whole lot of people in this thread with shitty friends who don't pay their money back, not quite so coincidentally they've become bitter husks that first represented a human being. I honestly don't know where you're getting your friends from who don't pay back at all, or don't want to lend/give money at all. Must be a horrible place.

Deleted

why should she be obliged to finance your shitty purchasing?

Nothing wrong with them at all.

Live by the old saying "Neither a borrower nor lender be" and with money you'll not go far wrong. There is then no arguments or debates or hard feelings about trying to get the money back or over having to pay it back.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Man everyone hating on Tiili for having shitty friends.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    There's a whole lot of people in this thread with shitty friends who don't pay their money back, not quite so coincidentally they've become bitter husks that first represented a human being. I honestly don't know where you're getting your friends from who don't pay back at all, or don't want to lend/give money at all. Must be a horrible place.
    The Rent-A-Friend Center.

But seriously, there's too much key information missing for me to judge this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Man everyone hating on Tiili for having shitty friends.
    ....or for her being a shitty person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once happened to me and a friend in HMV, there was a surprise sale on and we both picked up loads of bargains. While in the queue to pay my friend notices that he is £20 short and asks me if I could lend him the money until he could get to a cash point (ATM for the yanks). So I agree and he passes me some stuff to add to my load, I pay then he pays for his stuff and we head off.

We worked together and knew each other for years, every week we would go into town on our day/s off to shop and go bowling/cinema, I knew I was getting the cash back and I knew that if I was in his shoes he would gladly have done the same.

Not everyone is as nice or thinks the same and small amounts of cash I could afford to lose back then, but now it would have to be a real good friend for me to part with anything over £10.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I'm extremely generous with friends when I have money. If I have Money and they need something within reason I will just pay for it. Depending on the price sometimes I don't even care if they pay it back. Things under like $50 are meh.
    But people stop seeing you as a friend and only regard you as a foolish doormat.

@OP
    Why are you minding her money when you can't manage your own?

7+ Year Old Account

Nobody owes you anything. Nobody is obligated to help another person.

People such as yourself make me think if I won the lottery, everybody would be expecting me to pay for them, because I would "have" the money.

Sorry, but it is the truth. Never depend on anybody to pay for something for you.