Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    If they didn't kill soldiers of the opposition where they're deployed there wouldn't be a whole lot of point to sending ours there in the first place.
    Your misuse of the word "there, their and they're" are quite painful to look at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Hate only creates more hate. It is a self replicating virus that is destroying our world.
    Kinda reminds me of religion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    If they didn't kill soldiers of the opposition where they're deployed there wouldn't be a whole lot of point to sending ours there in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeat420 View Post
    Your misuse of the word "there, their and they're" are quite painful to look at.

In that quote he uses those words correctly..... If you're going to grammar nazi at least get it right.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good shit! It is unfortunate they can't vapourize them all so easily.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Please don't send thanks on my behalf.

As reprehensible as his actions are, I just find extra-judicial assassinations very unsavoury.
    Have you ever watched a beheading video? I am sure you would find that much more unsavory than the idea of a terrorist and monster being ended.

Honestly, people like you frighten me.

7+ Year Old Account
    FUCKING GOOD NEWS. Fk Bless America. What those strikers we did was absolutely heroic.
    He got what he deserved. I hoped he agonized in pain before he passed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's exactly what it is. The UK has no legal basis to be operating there, and the US's legitimacy is also questionable.
    Ah yes, the rule of law trumps all, even morality. Do I have that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Have you ever watched a beheading video? I am sure you would find that much more unsavory than the idea of a terrorist and monster being ended.

Monster? Last I heard he was all too human. Either way, I've not watched the video; his intention is to outrage you and drag you out there to perpetuate the fight. If you watched it, he's winning. He was one amongst many, and it's a policy that demonstrably doesn't work because cutting off one head after another is how we ended up with IS splitting from Al Quaeda to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Ah yes, the rule of law trumps all, even morality. Do I have that right?
    If you won't fight for your own rule of law, what are you fighting for?

7+ Year Old Account
    Monster? Last I heard he was all too human. Either way, I've not watched the video; his intention is to outrage you and drag you out there to perpetuate the fight. If you watched it, he's winning. He was one amongst many, and it's a policy that demonstrably doesn't work because cutting off one head after another is how we ended up with IS splitting from Al Quaeda to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

If you won't fight for your own rule of law, what are you fighting for?
    Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. Plus you assume I am outraged. I am not. People like him deserve to die. It is simple as that.

The method is irrelevant. He could have burned to death for all I care. If anything, since you seem more against the drone killing him then the fiend himself, be happy. He likely died swiftly. Much more than he ever deserved.

Please show to where nations get "permission" to carry out war to make it "legal". In WW2, did we file paperwork to toss a grenade? Did you have to get permission from a judge to use your bayonet in Vietnam?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Please show to where nations get "permission" to carry out war to make it "legal". In WW2, did we file paperwork to toss a grenade? Did you have to get permission from a judge to use your bayonet in Vietnam?
    You may recall that there was a formal declaration of war by British and French governments when Germany invaded Poland.

Everyone should be glad when a isis soldier dies, this is after all a group who mass executes children amongst many many horrible things they have done.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2015-11-13 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring the problem won't make it go away. Plus you assume I am outraged. I am not. People like him deserve to die. It is simple as that.

The method is irrelevant. He could have burned to death for all I care. If anything, since you seem more against the drone killing him then the fiend himself, be happy. He likely died swiftly. Much more than he ever deserved.
    Ignoring it won't. But then what's your end game? What's the objective? Aside from this being nothing more than a propaganda coup that'll at best, change nothing, what was the actual point? To bring justice? Because that's not how justice is served.

If you want to fight. You fight for something. Right now I just see a policy of point scoring with a view to "winning" by virtue of someone losing. Nobody wins that game.

You may recall that there was a formal declaration of war by British and French governments when Germany invaded Poland.
    I don't think ISIS is surprised we are attacking them. They have had plenty of prior notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if we just sit down with ISIS and discuss our feelings, they will stop murdering and pillaging.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ignoring it won't. But then what's your end game? What's the objective? Aside from this being nothing more than a propaganda coup that'll at best, change nothing, what was the actual point? To bring justice? Because that's not how justice is served.

If you want to fight. You fight for something. Right now I just see a policy of point scoring with a view to "winning" by virtue of someone losing. Nobody wins that game.
    Fighting to destroy barbarians who threaten civilized society and our way of life is enough of a purpose for me.

I have family in the military, one in particular has been over in that region several times to fight. He has said there are many wars which he would feel something about ending the life of other side. But the type of scum he has had to fight? He feels nothing, because he has said no movie or news outlet can ever truly make you experience the kind of evil they are.

They deserve destruction. Nothing less.

How is it not justice? Taking credit on film for beheading people and then getting your ass smoked in return. Not sure how that's unclear. Also, you are asking mmoc posters about their endgame, or you are curious about the organization? Either way, just because people agree with a result, does not mean that they have to agree with the way the result was obtained. I think you are seeing more people glad he is gone as opposed to how. Dude was a terrorist, and known for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I don't think ISIS is surprised we are attacking them. They have had plenty of prior notice.

Maybe if we just sit down with ISIS and discuss our feelings, they will stop murdering and pillaging.
    That won't happen, so long as we keep proving that making our own rules, and then breaking them, and changing them; when the only rules they follow are those written down as 'the words of Allah'. They can just keep saying how heretical we are and how bad our systems are because we can't stick to them, and therefore that they must be 'right'.

Fighting to destroy barbarians who threaten civilized society and our way of life is enough of a purpose for me.
    But your way of life is entirely anathema to them, chopping and changing and making and breaking your own rules. Again, what are you actually standing for, what is your way of life if you can't stick with what you have decided is right in your own rule of law?

I have family in the military, one in particular has been over in that region several times to fight. He has said there are many wars which he would feel something about ending the life of other side. But the type of scum he has had to fight? He feels nothing, because he has said no movie or news outlet can ever truly make you experience the kind of evil they are.

They deserve destruction. Nothing less.
    That's an opinion doesn't change anything, nor really mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    How is it not justice? Taking credit on film for beheading people and then getting your ass smoked in return. Not sure how that's unclear. Also, you are asking mmoc posters about their endgame, or you are curious about the organization? Either way, just because people agree with a result, does not mean that they have to agree with the way the result was obtained. I think you are seeing more people glad he is gone as opposed to how. Dude was a terrorist, and known for it.
    This was revenge, not justice. In a way he was given exactly what he wanted, publicity, a very expensive pursuit, no doubt diverting resources, and ultimately spectacular martyrdom.

It's exactly what it is. The UK has no legal basis to be operating there, and the US's legitimacy is also questionable.
    Yep, we should just leave genocidal maniacs to Their own....
    Last edited by Theinquisition; 2015-11-13 at 07:06 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That won't happen, so long as we keep proving that making our own rules, and then breaking them, and changing them; when the only rules they follow are those written down as 'the words of Allah'. They can just keep saying how heretical we are and how bad our systems are because we can't stick to them, and therefore that they must be 'right'.

But your way of life is entirely anathema to them, chopping and changing and making and breaking your own rules. Again, what are you actually standing for, what is your way of life if you can't stick with what you have decided is right in your own rule of law?

That's an opinion doesn't change anything, nor really mean anything.

This was revenge, not justice. In a way he was given exactly what he wanted, publicity, a very expensive pursuit, no doubt diverting resources, and ultimately spectacular martyrdom.
    I feel like you are a confused individual. If you were captured by ISIS would you say "Oh they are just torturing me because it's their way of life?"

What do -you- stand for?

And how would YOU deal with these "people"?

Deleted

Have you ever seen the aftermath of an air strike? It is a lot worse. Body parts of men, women and children everywhere. Few countries in the world have a monopoly on atrocities.

- - - Updated - - -

If you were captured by ISIS would you say "Oh they are just torturing me because it's their way of life?"
    The USA had a systematic program of torture in Iraq. You can't really lecture other nations on morality.

I feel like you are a confused individual. If you were captured by ISIS would you say "Oh they are just torturing me because it's their way of life?"

What do -you- stand for?

And how would YOU deal with these "people"?
    They wouldn't. They would try to talk nicely to the jahadi as he cuts their head off