Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will League of Explorers change the Meta?

Brand new expansion, new cards, exciting mechanics a nice fun theme. But can Piloted Shredder, Dr. Balanced be toppeled in certain decks?

I'm gonna give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulla View Post
    Brand new expansion, new cards, exciting mechanics a nice fun theme. But can Piloted Shredder, Dr. Balanced be toppeled in certain decks?

I'm gonna give it a try!
    short answer: no

long answer: you might change 1 card

Deleted
    Nope. Almost no playable cards.

There are no stand out cards like previous expacs(for example Loatheb, Thaurisan, Mysterious Challenger). There are a few pretty good low cost minions. Most likely you'll see the same old aggro decks running around, using one or two of the new cards each(e.g. Locks using the Dark Peddler, Druids using the 3 mana deathrattle spawn a 1 drop, etc.).

The new mage torch spell might see some play, other than that unless an entirely new deck archetype comes out I doubt it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    There are no stand out cards like previous expacs(for example Loatheb, Thaurisan, Mysterious Challenger). There are a few pretty good low cost minions. Most likely you'll see the same old aggro decks running around, using one or two of the new cards each(e.g. Locks using the Dark Peddler, Druids using the 3 mana deathrattle spawn a 1 drop, etc.).
    Mysterious Challenger wasn't called out as a stand out card before the release of TGT. Most people didn't think it would be enough to push secret Paladin. I think Reno Jackson is a real contender to start a new archetype. I've already played a few games of a 30 unique paladin deck with good success.

Deleted
    Who knows, deckbuilders do wonders sometimes, other times decks just come from no where. Mystirius challanger is a good example of something that mostly no-one though it could be a thing... and know it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Mysterious Challenger wasn't called out as a stand out card before the release of TGT. Most people didn't think it would be enough to push secret Paladin. I think Reno Jackson is a real contender to start a new archetype. I've already played a few games of a 30 unique paladin deck with good success.
    Yeah I watched Strifecro and Reynad both play separate versions of Reno Jackson Warlock with success. Playing 30 one-ofs. Strifecro actually went from rank 2 to Legend with it in maybe 2 hours? Then when he hit Legend he was ranked Legend 100, which means he had a high win-rate on his way to Legend. Lifecoach also went from like rank 15 to rank 5 and up with Reno Jackson Paladin. Playing 30 one-ofs. I also watched Yagut play an aggro Torch Mage deck and he managed to get to rank 2 Legend with it.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-11-14 at 10:38 AM.

Imo the only cards that might change the meta somewhat are Reno and Brann.

Sengfs was experimenting with a Summoning Stone Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few cards might find a place in meta decks, but it's no Naxx, that's for sure.

I think Reno Jackson is possibly the new Secret Paladin. You're almost guaranteed to draw it as freeze Mage or control warrior.

On the other hand, it's great vs face hunters if you can draw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I think Reno Jackson is possibly the new Secret Paladin. You're almost guaranteed to draw it as freeze Mage or control warrior.

On the other hand, it's great vs face hunters if you can draw it.
    Freeze Mage with only 1 doomsayer/nova/blizzard/barrier/block doesn't sound very much like freeze mage, never mind how running only one copy of all of the good burst damage spells means you won't actually have the burst damage that defines freeze mages.

I don't think control warrior sounds very good without half its early game, removal, and card draw gone either; you probably can't even activate grommash anymore with that few spells and only one cruel/death's bite.

Both these decks basically turn into board control-focused minion-based decks at that point.

I have seen it kinda work in a handlock variant, though. Maybe it could also work in paladin. Of course, both these decks are minion based board control decks.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I think it will, at least a bit. But no, Shredder and Dr 7 aren't going anywhere without nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Few cards might find a place in meta decks, but it's no Naxx, that's for sure.
    That's because Naxx created most of these problems :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Freeze Mage with only 1 doomsayer/nova/blizzard/barrier/block doesn't sound very much like freeze mage, never mind how running only one copy of all of the good burst damage spells means you won't actually have the burst damage that defines freeze mages.

I don't think control warrior sounds very good without half its early game, removal, and card draw gone either; you probably can't even activate grommash anymore with that few spells and only one cruel/death's bite.

Both these decks basically turn into board control-focused minion-based decks at that point.

I have seen it kinda work in a handlock variant, though. Maybe it could also work in paladin. Of course, both these decks are minion based board control decks.
    Yeah IMO it will only really work in a deck that has a lot of options to replace their regular cards with just-slightly-worse cards or straight up alternates.

I tried it with face Hunter, because face Hunter is so stupid that even if Blizzard nerfed half their cards into the ground, they'd just replace them with slightly worse substitutes and still be OP. Seemed to work pretty well, though of course as Hunter you don't need it half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's trying new fun decks with Reno Jackson and Forgotten Torch etc. but in the end they are decks which don't actually improve your overall win rate. They don't specifically need to be countered so the meta won't change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm still laughing at the deleted post that talked about how much fun the guy was having with Golden Monkey even though it's unobtainable for another few weeks.
    You are easily amused.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are only two cards that have a chance to affect the meta - Reno Jackson, and Brann Bronzebeard. Reno Jackson is a movement back to Control - Note that you don't need to have a deck of only uniques, but rather when you play Reno, whats in your deck has to be uniques, which is something that happens quite often in Control. Although, generally, by the time that can happen, Control will have already won against everything but another Control deck. Might be decent for Mill, who knows?

Brann Bronzebeard doubles the effect of every single battlecry, is low-cost, and almost mana efficient. I can see Brann getting some play, and bringing midrange and tempo up front.

There does seem to possibly be a resurgance of Miracle Druid - With Jungle Moonkin, Raven Idol, and Summoning Stone, its quite possible for Miracle Druid to make a comeback. Summoning Stone doesn't benefit Rogues as much due to Rogue's many low-cost cards, but for Druids, they have a good number of 4-6 cost cards to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    You are easily amused.
    Doesn't make it any less amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    There are only two cards that have a chance to affect the meta - Reno Jackson, and Brann Bronzebeard. Reno Jackson is a movement back to Control - Note that you don't need to have a deck of only uniques, but rather when you play Reno, whats in your deck has to be uniques, which is something that happens quite often in Control. Although, generally, by the time that can happen, Control will have already won against everything but another Control deck. Might be decent for Mill, who knows?
    With a proper Reno deck, you ideally want to play him on turn 6, which is around when - against the aggro decks you should be weak against - you're about to lose, but then Reno saves you with a 15+ heal. Y'know, he makes face hunters just concede. He's not supposed to be the kind of card that you sit wait to use until turn 15 or something, after you've drawn your entire deck to make sure you have no duplicates left in it. Not that you can't potentially use him like that, just that that's a dumb way to use him unless you're making some sort of anti-control control deck... which also seems kinda dumb. I do have a deck like that, though... I'm not ashamed.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Doesn't make it any less amusing.
    It wasn't amusing to begin with.