10+ Year Old Account

I wonder how Bonestorm's heal will work.

Bonestorm
    15 Runic Power per sec, Instant, 1 min cooldown
    A whirl of bone and gore batters nearby enemies 3 times per second to deal minor Shadow damage, healing you for 1% of your maximum health per strike.

So it's going to hit each target 3 times per second and heal 1% per hit. So if it hits one target that's 3% heal per second.

Does that mean if it hits 3 targets it's going to heal you for 9% per second? I don't see a minimum amount of targets that can be hit by it, so if you're tanking 6 mobs and it hits all 6, does that mean you're going to be healed for 6 * 3 = 18% of your HP per second?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Seems like sound logic. It would make sense for a talent that competes with Death Strike for RP to be worth considering for more than just DPS purposes in AoE tanking. Then again they could always end up tacking diminishing returns on its heal because that's generally their approach on things like this.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Sounds like a pretty damn strong heal if there are enough targets. The real question is if we're able to generate RP or use any abilities during the Bonestorm. Was this answered in a tweet or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Sounds like a pretty damn strong heal if there are enough targets. The real question is if we're able to generate RP or use any abilities during the Bonestorm. Was this answered in a tweet or something?
    I imagine it would work more like a monk's rushing jade wind rather than a warrior's bladestorm. Could be wrong though.

It could also be more direct in meaning:
    Bonestorm
    15 Runic Power per sec, Instant, 1 min cooldown
    A whirl of bone and gore batters nearby enemies 3 times per second to deal minor Shadow damage, healing you for 1% of your maximum health per strike.
    I.e. hits nearby enemies, dealing 3 hits per second, so it only does 1% healing per second against 1 target and up to 3% per second against group of 3+. The wording doesn't completely support that, but numbers-wise it makes more sense to be capped at up to 3% per second rather than have no cap and provide ridiculous amount of self-healing in a short 1 min cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I'd imagine it works just like BoS, and Blood Strike is like glyphed CoI.

Would assume that its Bloods version of BoS for legion and that it functions like BoS, allowing free ability usage.

From the sound of the description that was given to us I would think that it strictly heals 3% per second as long as it actually hits something.

While that sounds incredibly underwhelming and outright useless if doesn't deal insane damage to compensate thats how I would take the wording "strike". Like in you swing your sword and "hit" 3 targets with one "strike".
    You might then again turn that around, so its a bit unclear.

Healing 1% per target hit per tick would make the most sense in my opinion logically speaking, since conversion is a non-option right now and isn't even competing with survivability directly, which would be the case in legion.
    Would also not expect extreme damage from it as a major trade-off so I would assume that it actually is intended for AoE survivability.