Yeah I have to agree enhancement is in an excellent place right now. I was the swing healer for my guild at the start of the expansion and within a week of raiding they were looking to ensure I am always a dps on progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    I think you ignored my point, we bring nothing but damage while most other melee do as much as we do unless we're lucky and they bring other utility.
    Whilst it's already been fairly succinctly explained to you that you're clearly dodging the points here after I took the time to refute what you were saying in both prior posts, that Enhancement damage is bad, but I'll elaborate on this too.

We bring a lot of damage, we bring it in the form of priority burst and sustained cleave feeding into single target, both of which aren't super plentiful across the specs and also, more importantly, something that is extremely valuable. We also have the potential to RNG curve out into extreme damage, whilst if we get utterly dicked by RNG we can still do reasonable damage, and lastly, if you just hit the average RNG streak, you will do very, very well.

Now, on the topic of bringing nothing but damage, again, that's simply not true (especially in a Legion world where M+ is a significant factor). AoE Stuns, slows and roots are all a lot less common now (something like Earthbind/grab actually have some solid uses with the removal of Hunter Freezing Trap, although that is coming back). A 12 second CD ranged interrupt is very valuable and in some cases can contribute massively to both areas of content. Having a constant application slow on autos is, again, very useful and it comes at no cost to us. Purge and Decurse are cursory extras, but they aren't useless so deserve a mention. Finally, Wind Rush has already been very useful in some encounters, and will likely continue to be, so disregarding that is intentionally obfuscating the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're ignoring the point again by bringing up m+? Just so you sleep better tonight I'll say you're right, we are great in M+ but that's not what I was attempting to discuss before you and you're white knight viewers showed up. You can sit here and cherry pick parses to show "proof" all you want too, meanwhile 90% of the other kills prove my original point.

Good luck though, I wish I was as able to feign ignorance that well.

I was telling you that you were wrong before wordup showed up, but whatever helps you sleep at night I suppose

You're ignoring the point again by bringing up m+? Just so you sleep better tonight I'll say you're right, we are great in M+ but that's not what I was attempting to discuss before you and you're white knight viewers showed up. You can sit here and cherry pick parses to show "proof" all you want too, meanwhile 90% of the other kills prove my original point.

I've actually tried to be quite amicable explaining this to you, but this is very clearly you intentionally trying to find a way to put your fingers in your ears and ignore me. The fact that I brought up M+ does not mean I was exclusively talking about M+, but it is a factor. All of the points I made translates directly to a raid environment too, you are just trying your best to tell everyone that is doing well at the class, that it is bad. That sounds like one of two things:

1) You genuinely thing the spec is bad. This could come from you being undergeared and playing up, mis-analysing logs, or any other number of innocent things that are out of your hands that could influence your opinion.
    2) You are trying to mask the fact that it is good, which is simply foolish.

You pulled a number out of your ass again though here, 90% of what kills? If this is as good as your previous analysis of data then it's not going to be very useful information. The problem here is that you seem to have taken something so intensely personal that was simply me responding to something I find incorrect, that you make potshots about my "viewers" showing up and white knighting me (which is hilarious by the way, I can argue my points on my own just fine as I did prior) simply because you don't have to admit that you were incorrect (and, ironically, say I am doing the same because I presented facts to you).

90% of the kills? Can you show us the 90% you're talking about?

So, the plan going foward if we do stick with FoA is to have it up as much as possible?
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    So, the plan going foward if we do stick with FoA is to have it up as much as possible?
    Yes, if FoA stays best, maintaining it 100% is the ideal. This is entirely possible as long as you keep a small 10~ maelstrom reserve when spending so you don't tick out, and shift into ghost wolf to get some spirit of the maelstrom ticks when you're out of range for a considerable period, so you don't have to spend globals refreshing.

Although it is also worth noting that as we've only had one patch of PTR and it's not even done enough for Blizzard to bother writing patch notes for, what we are looking at now is definitely not what we are going to be looking at in a month's time.
    We want to work out what the best rotation is in each patch, but don't start planning on it being the final one "going forward" yet :P

I think FoA is probably closest to what Blizzard wants for the spec in terms of gameplay; you have this balancing game where capping out and running out of your maelstrom are both errors you will lose DPS for. It's a cool concept and fairly unique as far as I'm aware but I'm concerned about how it'll work out in practice. Rockbiter and the new Boulderfist slow the tempo of the spec down in their own way, and having to wait for a Stormbringer proc to use Stormstrike at all really hurts.

I kind of expect the Boulderfist playstyle to include stance dancing into ghost wolf for SotM ticks when you don't have anything to press, because my experience on the ptr involved several seconds in a row with nothing valuable to press.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    I kind of expect the Boulderfist playstyle to include stance dancing into ghost wolf for SotM ticks when you don't have anything to press, because my experience on the ptr involved several seconds in a row with nothing valuable to press.
    I believe that's supposed to be the intention if you pick Boulderfist.
    You're supposed to have gaps in your rotation if you choose that talent, not always be hitting a button, it just didn't meet that demand on live.

When you're in Ghost Wolf I believe you can't proc stormbringer (or was it windfury?), so I don't think it's really viable to sit in it for the MS generation.

Huh, really? Didn't know about the ghost wolf bit.

I understand having gaps in your rotation, but the gaps are... a little much for my taste, really. The alternative is Rockbiter which feels just as empty, only difference is during those "gaps" you are just going 1-1-1-1-1 instead. Not a very satisfying button to press in my view. I quite like the current Enhancement where you always have a different button to press, unless stormbringer procs repeatedly, and I'm not going to complain about mashing my strongest button with the coolest visual effect.

Oh, well. It's not a BAD change per se but it's definitely not for me. Hopefully shadow priest doesn't come out of the ptr with abysmal numbers, that was the other spec I was looking at playing prior to Legion and mainly stayed away just because I didn't like the way their AOE worked, but it makes a lot more sense to me now with the current changes.

I know is this probably going to be a dumb sounding question. Ive been researching trinkets and I would think its cut and dry but there seems to be a mix of caster trinkets that are usable. Is there some clarity that can be provided to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    I know is this probably going to be a dumb sounding question. Ive been researching trinkets and I would think its cut and dry but there seems to be a mix of caster trinkets that are usable. Is there some clarity that can be provided to this.
    Caster trinkets can proc off of our 10 yd range spells, so ones that work with our mastery like the shock baton and plaguehive are especially good. Exception being trinkets that proc based on distance from the boss, or Aran's Relaxing Ruby which is specifically nerfed for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Caster trinkets can proc off of our 10 yd range spells, so ones that work with our mastery like the shock baton and plaguehive are especially good. Exception being trinkets that proc based on distance from the boss, or Aran's Relaxing Ruby which is specifically nerfed for us.
    Off the top of my head that would be FT and FB correct? IF so I guess for a lowbie shaman on the totem pole that opens up some options. Thank you. Is there a main shaman discord?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Lately when i've been simming my stat weights i've noticed a slight turning point to when my priority goes Haste > Agility > Mastery > Vers > Crit. Have anyone else noticed this? Im hitting 76% mastery, 16% haste and 27% crit. Is it just and my gear or will we be stacking Haste again?
    Last edited by sonikmlg; 2016-11-23 at 09:43 AM.
    shamdruid
    og vanilla player

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    Off the top of my head that would be FT and FB correct? IF so I guess for a lowbie shaman on the totem pole that opens up some options. Thank you. Is there a main shaman discord?
    LB, FT, FB, RB and BF to be precise.
    Overall Castertrinkets are pretty good, especially when they have a Fire/Frost/Nature damage effect. The best trinkets currently are still Spontaneous Appendages and Bloodthirsty Instinct, as SA procs Stormbringer. Other Options would be Devilsaur Shock Baton and a high rolled SFF. SFF at 890 overall is the BEST trinket you can get, but good luck with that.

There has been a Shaman Discord since alpha/beta. Most information comes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by sonikmlg View Post
    Lately when i've been simming my stat weights i've noticed a slight turning point to when my priority goes Haste > Agility > Mastery > Vers > Crit. Have anyone else noticed this? Im hitting 76% mastery, 16% haste and 27% crit. Is it just and my gear or will we be stacking Haste again?
    If you use Spontaneous, thats normal, as its weighted more towards haste. When I still used my SFF and Chrono Shard, I had the opposite of Mastery being a higher damage increase than Agility.
    Other than that, its mostly just as your gear becomes better, certain Stats will become better or worse. Trinkets play a huge roll into that.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-11-23 at 10:43 AM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

How does haste affect Spontaneous Appendages? Does it increase the proc rate, does it increase the amount of attacks the tentacles do per proc or is it something else entirely?

So, I finally got Doom Vortex unlocked (I left it for almost the last one) and I must say, it was as underwhelming as I predicted...
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    So, I finally got Doom Vortex unlocked (I left it for almost the last one) and I must say, it was as underwhelming as I predicted...
    I don't even notice it. According to logs it does .33% of my damage.