Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    The amount of damage it does is relatively in line with many other AoE oriented passives from other classes.
    I suppose. For a gold artifact trait I'd expect a little more. The 3 yard range is really the worst part of it. It might as well just be labeled a single-target ability. But anyway, I compare it to say...Ashbringer's 'Ashes to Ashes' trait, which makes the 30 second cd artifact ability Wake of Ashes (which already does 650% aoe damage) apply a 900% damage six second dot to enemies in a 12 yard range.

Yeah, different class, different artifact, apples and oranges. I get all that. And I'm not complaining about Ret's artifact being overpowered. To me such a weapon SHOULD feel immensely powerful and have such incredibly powerful traits. It's just that Doomhammer's (this trait, plus Unleash Doom with its sad 2ppm) are rather underwhelming by comparison. They do have really cool graphics though.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2016-05-09 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I suppose. For a gold artifact trait I'd expect a little more. The 3 yard range is really the worst part of it. It might as well just be labeled a single-target ability. But anyway, I compare it to say...Ashbringer's 'Ashes to Ashes' trait, which makes the 30 second cd artifact ability Wake of Ashes (which already does 650% aoe damage) apply a 900% damage six second dot to enemies in a 12 yard range.

Yeah, different class, different artifact, apples and oranges. I get all that. And I'm not complaining about Ret's artifact being overpowered. To me such a weapon SHOULD feel immensely powerful and have such incredibly powerful traits. It's just that Doomhammer's (this trait, plus Unleash Doom with its sad 2ppm) are rather underwhelming by comparison. They do have really cool graphics though.
    Unleash Doom can be anywhere from 5 to 9% of damage done depending, which is extremely strong for it being passive proc.

Ashes to Ashes is a strange one because it's effectively a bonus to the artifact active to make it strong (the basic active really isn't that wonderful). I'd honestly compare it to having Doom Winds generate no resource or stormbringers unless you invested a major point in, so it's really hard to compare those when Doom Winds is arguably one of the best artifact actives atm.

Have a crash course video on Enhancement for those just jumping in with the Beta launch and covering everything for Enhancement up to this point from the Alpha:

Great video! thanks for these Would you be able to wade into ele and resto vids or not your territory?

Have a crash course video on Enhancement for those just jumping in with the Beta launch and covering everything for Enhancement up to this point from the Alpha:

[CENTER]
    Although I thank you for making such a video (made my commute to work interesting!) it did make me sad to see that we apparently no longer have Chain Lightning
    Last edited by Hivey; 2016-05-13 at 10:14 AM.

They fixed it! The OH Shows at all times now! Horay!

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    They fixed it! The OH Shows at all times now! Horay!
    Eh, thats too bad actually. After seeing handles for "Doomhammer offhand dissolving" show up I was hoping theyd have a little animation of it being summoned/dismissed. Sheathing elemental energy doesnt really make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Eh, thats too bad actually. After seeing handles for "Doomhammer offhand dissolving" show up I was hoping theyd have a little animation of it being summoned/dismissed. Sheathing elemental energy doesnt really make sense.
    Im in beta now.. can confirm it shows most of the time now. It sometimes doesnt show after unsheathing though and comes up after a few seconds without any animation or anything.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Nice Video, maybe I will play Legion

Deleted
    I just came here to say that I tested Enhance last night and I think its gonna be my new main (between it and warlock), at low levels at least it is far more fun than other melee.

Quote Originally Posted by rossfraney View Post
    I just came here to say that I tested Enhance last night and I think its gonna be my new main (between it and warlock), at low levels at least it is far more fun than other melee.
    I would recommend you try Enha and Havoc at 110, both are great fun! But Havoc is not as fun before 110.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    I would recommend you try Enha and Havoc at 110, both are great fun! But Havoc is not as fun before 110.
    I'm hoping a lot of classes are in this same boat, I really wanted to like unholy DK.

I'm hoping a lot of classes are in this same boat, I really wanted to like unholy DK.
    Have not played it yet, but a lot of people say it feels really good to play.

I love it, theres always something to press and the animations make it worth it. Im surprised the Healing surge heals so much while i was questing.

It's nearly a direct copy paste of the current fury warriors. I'm far from in love with it but I just don't know if I want to slog through the Broken Shore scenario again to mess with some other classes/specs.

I main enh shaman since end of BC (was a feral druid before). And sadly Legion means the end of my shaman... The gameplay is horrible, we seriously lack of survavibility (bye shamanistic rage) and we just press buttons that feels even more clunky that today on live... I love my sham on live today but clearly, what I have tested in the Beta since 2 days is just plain bullshit...

I'm really sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Trample View Post
    I main enh shaman since end of BC (was a feral druid before). And sadly Legion means the end of my shaman... The gameplay is horrible, we seriously lack of survavibility (bye shamanistic rage) and we just press buttons that feels even more clunky that today on live... I love my sham on live today but clearly, what I have tested in the Beta since 2 days is just plain bullshit...

I'm really sad...
    I dunno what you guys have. I have more fun with my Enhancement Shaman on beta than on live currently. The "clunkyness", at least thats how I feel, comes more from the general lag of those servers. Our survivability is good (Healing Surges are strong as hell; can mass pull up to 10 mobs and not die if I manage well enough).

I'm maining my shaman since BC and I think that whole remake currently is the best thing we've gotten in all those years. Other classes also lost a ton of survivability (besides rogue probably) and feel a lot more clunky/unfinished than enhancement does currently.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

some of you need to learn new vocabulary words. everything is always clunky and i dont think you all know what clunky means.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    some of you need to learn new vocabulary words. everything is always clunky and i dont think you all know what clunky means.
    I think at first it does, but once you gear up with enough haste and mastery, it goes away.

If a gameplay, and I mean a core mechanic gameplay of a spec, needs gear to be fun, then it fails.

I agree than the Beta servers are really laggy, so may be my bad feeling comes from this. I have tried some talents yesterday, it's a little better, but still, I prefer live version by far. I think i'm gonna go back to my first love : feral druid. The beta version is awesome.