Page 5 of 166 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throdin View Post
    There were always going to be those minor/major glyph-esque things cropping up somewhere in the artifact tree to pad it out. Only so many %damage increases you can have. At least spirit of the maelstrom isn't at a bottleneck and you can spec around it.

As far as earthern spike goes, yes it would be nuts, but there are a lot of flat out bananas mechanics floating around in Legion. Don't rule it out yet boys, dream big.

Would love stormstrike to be nature too but then it would have such massive scaling from both haste (assuming flurry is still a thing) and mastery that any talents based on buffing it would become mandatory, I.e. tempest.

Would like to see mastery as our best stat again though.
    This tweet seems interesting about flurry

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...12587752787968
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    This tweet seems interesting about flurry

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...12587752787968
    That tweet is just repeating what is already known, that a lot of non-energy based melee have direct GCD haste scaling with flurry mechanics (noticed when the DH passive showed up & our Flurry was effectively only changing non-CD spells, our flurry exists now purely as a GCD modifier).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    That tweet is just repeating what is already known, that a lot of non-energy based melee have direct GCD haste scaling with flurry mechanics (noticed when the DH passive showed up & our Flurry was effectively only changing non-CD spells, our flurry exists now purely as a GCD modifier).
    Why do you think i'm telling it? Because a lot of people (like the person i quoted) didn't know if flurry would be kept.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Updated the front page with a quick video I've got up on the Doomhammer Artifact Tree. Was holding off on doing it until we were activated on the Alpha but since it's been a while without a build and non on the horizon I pushed it out now.

With the base crash lightning being so weak in its current weapon damage iteration, I hope that Doom Wolves/Alpha Wolf doesn't end up being held back solely for cleave situations. It is our only base cool down atm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like the move away from mana and instead we get a class only resource (shared between Elemental and Enhancement) called Maelstrom. Cannot wait for Blizzard to enable the Shaman class in the alpha to see how it works out.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Updated the front page with a quick video I've got up on the Doomhammer Artifact Tree. Was holding off on doing it until we were activated on the Alpha but since it's been a while without a build and non on the horizon I pushed it out now.

Nice, Only thing I think might be wrong is not being able to use the maelstrom we get from doom winds, if lightning bolt stays how it is being similar to earth shock then we'll be able to use that to dump excess MS, other than that, will help people clear up and confusion, nice job

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    Nice, Only thing I think might be wrong is not being able to use the maelstrom we get from doom winds, if lightning bolt stays how it is being similar to earth shock then we'll be able to use that to dump excess MS, other than that, will help people clear up and confusion, nice job
    I can give you a solid bet that the current sims of Doom Winds atm is peaking maelstrom so fast that there is no way to spend it, Stormfury Stormstrikes are MP positive (it gens 40 whilst costs 30) and regular Stormstrike, the highest cost, again gens 40 so it only technically costs 10. Even if Lightning Bolt scales all the way up to 100 Maelstrom the scale factor on it won't make it worth the global vs. the MP positive, though if it scales up to be a massive dump that would be a great solution, just no indication of it yet.
    Last edited by wordup; 2015-12-15 at 06:59 PM.

Spell data implies that lightning bolt only consumed up to 15 maelstrom as far as I know.

I think it depends how you look at it. Essentially what we have is a window where we can almost freely use our spenders which sounds fine to me, especially at the start of an encounter where you'll want to get SS and any you've spec'd for on cd asap. Also, its only 6 seconds which only leaves you time for 4-6 actions depending on haste+mods, and with all those WFs going off, half those gcds are likely taken up by a SF proc (or 2?)

How are you getting 50 maelstrom generated?

The tooltips for doom winds and windfurry are a little conflicting. Windfurry says "main hand attacks" have a chance to trigger the proc, then doom winds says "all attacks" trigger windfurry. Does that mean all windfurry eligible attacks, i.e. main hand only? Or is it really all attacks, including off hand specials?

Regardless of the above, I can't get to the 50 you are calling in your post.

Each windfurry procced weapon swing would generate 20 (main swing + 3 windfurry = 4 swings at 5 maelstrom/swing), correct? Unless I'm missing something (very possible), that means if both swings of a Stormstrike proc windfurry, it would generate 40 maelstrom, and 25 if just the main hand can proc.

What am I missing?

I can give you a solid bet that the current sims of Doom Winds atm is peaking maelstrom so fast that there is no way to spend it, Stormfury Stormstrikes are MP positive (it gens 50 whilst costs 30) and regular Stormstrike, the highest cost, again gens 50 so it only technically costs 10. Even if Lightning Bolt scales all the way up to 100 Maelstrom the scale factor on it won't make it worth the global vs. the MP positive, though if it scales up to be a massive dump that would be a great solution, just no indication of it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Spell data implies that lightning bolt only consumed up to 15 maelstrom as far as I know.
    Ahh, yeah if lightning bolt can only spend up to 15 then it's pretty medicore and realistically there's no way it'll spend 100 MS, unless they lower the scaling on, 1000% AP would be too high, 500% though for 100MS could actually be fine, and i'd much rather have that than be capped out at 100MS struggling to spend it.

Again though, all speculation so far and mostly wishful thinking, seeing the spec actually interesting and engaging is love

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Lava Lash supposed to be the maelstrom dump, not Lightning Bolt?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Magcar View Post
    How are you getting 50 maelstrom generated?

The tooltips for doom winds and windfurry are a little conflicting. Windfurry says "main hand attacks" have a chance to trigger the proc, then doom winds says "all attacks" trigger windfurry. Does that mean all windfurry eligible attacks, i.e. main hand only? Or is it really all attacks, including off hand specials?

Regardless of the above, I can't get to the 50 you are calling in your post.

Each windfurry procced weapon swing would generate 20 (main swing + 3 windfurry = 4 swings at 5 maelstrom/swing), correct? Unless I'm missing something (very possible), that means if both swings of a Stormstrike proc windfurry, it would generate 40 maelstrom, and 25 if just the main hand can proc.

What am I missing?
    Should have been 40, mistyped yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Isn't Lava Lash supposed to be the maelstrom dump, not Lightning Bolt?
    Yeah, and for the most part you'll be spending MS on lavalash, stormstrike and maybe the earthen spike talent, but with doom winds up, you'll be unable to spend the MS you generate and get capped. From the tooltip I saw I assumed you could dump 100 MS into lightning bolt, but apparently you can only spend 15, so we don't really have any way to get rid of MS quicker than we spend it with doomwinds up, and if stormfury procs you're gonna gain more MS back than you spend if there isn't a reliable dump that costs more, which seemingly there isn't but that could all change, hopefully

Deleted
    So far didn't spot anything for us other than 4MP per sec iirc while in Ascendance.

Im curious with what info we have if ascendance will actully be worth it if the stormstrike procs arent frequent

Deleted
    Actually found this aswell

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/115356-...ke#20773-20810

8s CD on Windstrike?

Quote Originally Posted by Leivah View Post
    Actually found this aswell

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/115356-...ke#20773-20810

8s CD on Windstrike?
    Looking at the other stuff there in that tooltip (old tooltip % damage from live, SS debuff still there, & a mirrored live CD) it seems like an artifact that's made it through and isn't updated yet. Could be wrong but nothing has changed from live tooltip to that.

Would we be maelstrom capped with lightning shield/fury of air up and running in conjunction with doom winds and using SS and LL?