Quote Originally Posted by WageDragon View Post
    When pre-expansion patch being released, should i reroll into mastery or stay with haste? What is best stat for mythic HFC on the pre-patch?
    P.s. i'm really sorry for my english(
    Wont matter. Some class are going to be absolutely broken in a good way and some in a bad way. For instance, a fury warrior could be doing 245k without even trying and a hunter could be doing 135k trying as hard as he or she could.

Thats just how it is. Id worry about stat weights going into Legion, so when the exp launches you can kill mobs faster.

Quote Originally Posted by WageDragon View Post
    When pre-expansion patch being released, should i reroll into mastery or stay with haste? What is best stat for mythic HFC on the pre-patch?
    P.s. i'm really sorry for my english(
    I'd go with as much mastery and haste as possible. Other than that, it really won't matter that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Ancestral Swiftness or Hailstorm? Increased Haste or increased damage. Bit of a tough one this tier.

Not sure I like my Haste being too low (testing toon at 24% w/o AS, 36% with AS).
    Highly depends. Do you have enough maelstrom gain? Take hailstorm. Are you low on Maelstrom? Take AS.
    Hailstorm is the better choice and will just get better with later gear.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    @ Darleth

Haste with current gear (level 102 test character on Beta of course)
    - AS: 36%
    - HS: 23%

Deleted
    Edit: realized I had a copy of an old version of wordup's spreadsheet, updated.

FoA+AS vs HS+CS: FoA+AS always outperforms, at every haste level with or without the +maelstrom trait. So yes, if you feel that your haste is low(too low to maintain FoA and HS), you could definitely go AS+FoA. In fact, the lower your mastery is, the lower the DPS loss of AS vs HS is.

For leveling, just go HS+CS, FoA is obviously pretty shit and Haste doesn't do much if your out of combat a lot.
    Last edited by mmoc35ab743d22; 2016-07-11 at 07:08 AM.

Ancestral Swiftness or Hailstorm? Increased Haste or increased damage. Bit of a tough one this tier.

Not sure I like my Haste being too low (testing toon at 24% w/o AS, 36% with AS).
    From my testing in game Hailstorm due to the nerf of Ancestral Swiftness

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Hailstorm over Ancestral Swiftness? I'll make the change when I reach max level. While questing I haven't noticed much of a difference.

Haste doesn't seem to be present much on Mail gear, from what I've noticed. Bit odd.

Deleted
    I know there's not much point because the time between the pre-patch and the actual expansion launch won't be that big but my character is sitting at about 58% haste on the PTR. That leads me to several questions:

Is haste still our highest stat prio?
    Is the 50% soft cap still present?
    If haste isn't our highest stat would it be worth investing into mastery instead?

I believe the spreadsheet boffins have mastery top, with haste close behind. Versatility is also ahead of crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I know there's not much point because the time between the pre-patch and the actual expansion launch won't be that big but my character is sitting at about 58% haste on the PTR. That leads me to several questions:

Is haste still our highest stat prio?
    Is the 50% soft cap still present?
    If haste isn't our highest stat would it be worth investing into mastery instead?
    As it currently stands:
    Agility >>> Mastery > Haste > versatility > crit

Mastery is the clear winner because of our flat damage increase via Fire, Frost and Nature damage, while also buffing the proc rate of windfury and Stormbringer (Storm Strike) resets. Haste follows closely because of more auto attacks = more ressource gain + lower cooldowns on most of our abilities and builder (if Boulderfist is taken).
    In my current gear I'm at 48% for both if i'm not mistaken on the PTR.

So Hailstorm over Ancestral Swiftness? I'll make the change when I reach max level. While questing I haven't noticed much of a difference.

Haste doesn't seem to be present much on Mail gear, from what I've noticed. Bit odd.
    It does exist to some extend. I had the impression that usually the later quests gave a lot more haste/mastery oriented gear.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

#534 - 2016/07/11 10:03:00 PM
    Just noticed Alpha Wolves has been way overpowered--had missed that and it probably contributed to artifact doing too much damage.

Did something recently make Tempest a lot more popular or overpowered?

Says on the front #534 - 2016/07/11 10:03:00 PM

Says this on the front page of blue posts here, and it says it was in Ele feedback but 1. I dont see it there and 2. its aimed at enhancement.

What exactly is the point of that post? Alpha wolves seemed like an optimal choice but overpowered? I dont know about that.

Deleted
    He probably deleted it, and wisely so.

1) Elemental is in dire need of fixing. Lots of bugs, and the spec has had a damn hard time for a while now. Lots of clamoring for a blue post acknowledging the need for changes/buffs, and then they get this.

2) A pretty bad and nonsensical post, I agree. Enhancement AoE is on the weaker side (but with pretty solid priority target DPS), and Alpha Wolf giving some ability to do burst AoE cannot possibly be a bad thing in that context. His question about Tempest is pretty bad -- never mind the fact that there are a some bugs/questionable interactions surrounding Stormbringer, the answer is "tuning". SS is very strong with the artifact, and we have far from enough Maelstrom for the LB talent to be needed. And LS -- well, it is an undertuned passive with no interactions.
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2016-07-11 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As they said in the elemental thread that post didn't seem towards players
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Perhaps we're witnessing a developer communicating with his team while browsing feedback, then accidentally posting what was intended for one into the forum of the other :P

Quote Originally Posted by coupes View Post
    is enhancement fun in legion just got mine to 100 on live , not had time to test it out on ptr wanted to find out from ppl that have played it 1st hand thanks for your time
    3 1/2 hours on Beta was enough for me to completely dump my main after swearing I'd never go back to my shaman after MoP. When even the most whiny of critics are singing the praises of this spec.. yeah it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    As they said in the elemental thread that post didn't seem towards players
    It wasnt, thats for sure. Obviously its still feedback hes discussing either with his team or in a note that he accidentally posted. I just disagree with what he said. As Sanguine said, our aoe isnt on the op or even really strong side, nerfing alpha wolves is just going to hurt that. Obviously its them just discussing but he said its overpowered when its not. Its strong for single target and its a staple in our aoe output.

As for tempest, I disregarded that because it was obviously a question. Doesnt seem like a good question but its nothing concrete yet.

I would hope that by "overpowered" what he means is "it's counter-intuitive that this clearly aoe-focused trait provides a necessary dps increase even on single target, we should probably make that aspect of the trait baseline".
    That's... a very "original" interpretation of the word overpowered though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    -snip-
    Did something recently make Tempest a lot more popular or overpowered?
    Am I the only one that laughed out loud about that one? What the hell did they expect when both the other choices are pretty much irrelevant in their current versions? :P The only time people didnt choose tempest in that row was because of hailstorm, when it used to be in that row and insanely overpowered...

Anyways, it was probably not targeted towards players.
    Still curious what he exactly meant with Alpha Wolves being overpowered and the artifact doing a lot more damage through it. I know that it gives some extra singletarget dps, but was it really that high? At best it is more "burst" aoe than anything.

*tips m'fedora*

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Am I the only one that laughed out loud about that one? What the hell did they expect when both the other choices are pretty much irrelevant in their current versions? :P The only time people didnt choose tempest in that row was because of hailstorm, when it used to be in that row and insanely overpowered...

Anyways, it was probably not targeted towards players.
    Still curious what he exactly meant with Alpha Wolves being overpowered and the artifact doing a lot more damage through it. I know that it gives some extra singletarget dps, but was it really that high? At best it is more "burst" aoe than anything.
    Not really sure, but I hope this is what they will do-

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I would hope that by "overpowered" what he means is "it's counter-intuitive that this clearly aoe-focused trait provides a necessary dps increase even on single target, we should probably make that aspect of the trait baseline".
    That's... a very "original" interpretation of the word overpowered though.
    Knowing Blizzard though theyll just nerf it normally either making it eh or bad.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    An upcoming build will be increasing the baseline damage of Feral Spirits. Alpha Wolf and Doom Wolves will be tuned down somewhat, partially to account for the increased attack power on Feral Spirits, and also because they are already an overly high portion of single-target damage (particularly since Alpha Wolves is AoE-focused, as was correctly noted above). We're okay with wanting to press Crash Lightning 1-2 times during the Feral Spirits duration due to an artifact trait, so long as it's not a gain to use Crash Lightning at other times against a single target (except with Crashing Storm).

Damage of various core abilities is being increased as noted before, as well as a few talents (particularly Windsong and Lightning Shield). Boulderfist should be brought more into line with its row, since it's still somewhat strong even after the various recent changes to Maelstrom pacing.
    Looking forward to tomorrow - if they can make it right ofc. I have no issues with Alpha Wolf and Doom Wolves getting a bit weaker if they compensate it enough with Feral Spirits base dmg. I'm curious about the Windsong buff, it would be cool if they finally manage to equalize the L15 row!

Theyre raising damage of "core abilities". I imagine that has to include FT.