Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Enhancement isn't really unique in that aspect. Balance druids are the same, their astral power generation is wholly tied to their artifact. Affliction warlocks also have considerable output tied to their artifact as do destro locks.

Quite frankly, enhancement got one of the best talent revamps and one of the best artifact weapon traits in the game, so I'm not too bothered.

I mean, compared to my Windwalker who has utter garbage traits like 9% increased chance to dodge, their healing tied to a teleport skill you use for mobility, and a useless trait that only triggers if you use a cooldown badly and it doesn't go off.

Enhancement shaman is a benchmark for spec revamps and talent design imo. Shamans and DK's got really, really lucky in that regard while classes like warlocks and druids had their baseline abilities remove and to add salt in the wound made them talents. Druids had their forms gutted and tied to affinities that make these forms no better than they were in Warlords of Draenor, and Warlocks have like 3 talent rows made up of skills that used to be baseline for them as they were pruned to hell.

At least shamans besides totem were left relatively intact. I can still fill my action bars, which isn't something I can say about my balance druid or warlock who can't even fill a full single bar.
    Not disagreeing with you here. Fact is though that some classes work better currently than others, because they have decent talents and abiliteis, better scalings or better set bonusses. In our case, some stuff is missing which would help us out a ton currently. We have no really strong DPS CD besides Wolves, compared to something like Recklessness (whatever its called now; its still recklessness), Gargoyles (or Arbiter for that matter) or even Fire Elemental from Ele Shamans. One of our strongest DPS CD is gated behind Legion content (Doom Winds), which is actually still quite a decent dps push for us.

All I'm saying is: we're probably BETTER BALANCED than some classes currently are in the pre-patch. Everything will change once people hit 110 and I personally dont get why people are saying things like "Enhancement sucks in the pre-patch, I guess that must mean they'll be bad at 110!", even though SO MANY THINGS are missing and stuff is balanced for 110. I'm personally happy where I'm sitting currently in my raid during the pre-patch.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Enhancement isn't really unique in that aspect. Balance druids are the same, their astral power generation is wholly tied to their artifact. Affliction warlocks also have considerable output tied to their artifact as do destro locks.

Quite frankly, enhancement got one of the best talent revamps and one of the best artifact weapon traits in the game, so I'm not too bothered.

I mean, compared to my Windwalker who has utter garbage traits like 9% increased chance to dodge, their healing tied to a teleport skill you use for mobility, and a useless trait that only triggers if you use a cooldown badly and it doesn't go off.

Enhancement shaman is a benchmark for spec revamps and talent design imo. Shamans and DK's got really, really lucky in that regard while classes like warlocks and druids had their baseline abilities remove and to add salt in the wound made them talents. Druids had their forms gutted and tied to affinities that make these forms no better than they were in Warlords of Draenor, and Warlocks have like 3 talent rows made up of skills that used to be baseline for them as they were pruned to hell.

At least shamans besides totem were left relatively intact. I can still fill my action bars, which isn't something I can say about my balance druid or warlock who can't even fill a full single bar.
    Try logging on your Warrior if you have one. The prune is real

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    But alpha wolves has been nerfed by 60!!!!!!!% in the latest hotfixes.....
    And the build before it was buffed by 50% via the Feral Spirit AP scaling, you can't look at changes in a vacuum to fit your needs.
    Last edited by wordup; 2016-07-21 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    And the build before it was buffed by 50% via the Feral Spirit AP scaling, you can't look at changes in a vacuum to fit your needs.
    100 * 1.5 = 150

150 * 0.4 = 60

Still a 40% nerf.

I'm not happy at all with our AOE. It's just completely by accident right now. I hope alpha wolves is a powerful CD so we might get more gameplay.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-07-21 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    100 * 1.5 = 150

150 * 0.4 = 60

Still a 40% nerf.

I'm not happy at all with our AOE. It's just completely by accident right now. I hope alpha wolves is a powerful CD so we might get more gameplay.
    I agree, my issue is we dont have event a decent on-demand AoE. I understand they want to have some ramp-up, but if your aoe is 100% dependent around a 1 min CD to be competitive, that's a problem. If it were 30sec it'd be better. Heck, I look at WW, their AoE can be tab targeted before SCK to get maximum, or just pop TEB (2 charges at 1.5 min) to get the target marking up quick as hell.
    Last edited by Adornus; 2016-07-21 at 08:31 PM.

I dont know, I'm dissagree in someone aspects:

1ºAoE's enhacement were destro, only have CL and LL, as talents worth.

2º Comparing with other class like SP or Warlock Demon, Enhacement is very hardly, with this im happy, but in DPS not is competent

3º Shaman (Warrriors, and retribution) are the class with more depend of the artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Adornus View Post
    I agree, my issue is we dont have event a decent on-demand AoE. I understand they want to have some ramp-up, but if your aoe is 100% dependent around a 1 min CD to be competitive, that's a problem. If it were 30sec it'd be better. Heck, I look at WW, their AoE can be tab targeted before SCK to get maximum, or just pop TEB (2 charges at 1.5 min) to get the target marking up quick as hell.
    Puppies are a 2min CD, AoE without is average at best but with them you sky rocket to the top of the damage meters.

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    Puppies are a 2min CD, AoE without is average at best but with them you sky rocket to the top of the damage meters.
    Whoops, meant 2 min. MB. So yeah, even makes it even more ridiculous of a predicament. There needs to be more consistent, on-demand, AoE that isn't a cleave that doubles as an AoE. Unless of course Crash Lightning gets much more powerful (like 300%+) through artifact.

I'm no shaman guru, but the pruning that the spec suffered is massive, the difference is that it was mostly situational spells (totems) and cooldowns (elementals, shammie rage, etc.). You can barely fill a bar, where before two weren't enough.
    Druids have been shit at multirole performing since... Cata if I remember correctly, before that it was possible to play Bearcat or use a few heals as Balance spec, after WotLK, offspec spells and forms were largely cosmetic in terms of performance.

All classes have been reduced to console level number of binds and while I like the new enhancement playing style a lot, I still miss totems, elementals, chain lightning and all the other stuff that has gone with the wind (pun intended). In terms of gameplay the spec has gained a lot in my opinion, I tend to like builder-spender classes, also none of the pruned skills were rotational (except fire nova in AoE which has just changed element, shape and name) and the loss of utilities is probably acceptable for many, after all I didn't cast grounding, tremor, healing totems *that* often, but deep inside I still know they are missing and I don't like it.

I play all classes, the massive 2016 pruning is mind numbing coupled with the previous WoD one, some classes are honestly shadows of their former selfs, I'm glad that Enhancement is still fun and I'm looking forward to play it in Legion.

EDIT: only thing I don't like is self buffs maintenance, never been a fan of it.
    Last edited by Kyranna; 2016-07-21 at 09:25 PM.

I must not wishlist.

I must not wishlist.

I must not...

Ok, I'm going to wishlist for a second.

I think there are a combination of factors that could be addressed for AOE, Lava Lash, and Stormbringer, possibly with changes similar to the following.

1. Reduce Stormbringer procs from Crash Lightning, so it's not just Crash Lightning > Stormstrike ad infinitum for AOE when you chain Stormbringer procs.

2. Have Crash Lightning buff reduce Lava Lash cost when it's up.

3. Have Lava Lash + Crash Lightning do more damage together.

4. Bring up Stormbringer base proc or chance from Mastery a little bit. Tune down the damage bonus (a little) from Mastery, if necessary, to keep Mastery from being even better than it is overall.

By doing #1, you can do #4 and have Stormbringer occur a little more frequently outside of AOE scenarios.

By doing #2 and 3, you give Lava Lash an additional reason to exist aside from just MP dumping near cap.

I get that Stormstrike and Crash Lightning synergize better thematically, but Stormbringer sometimes feels like an AOE proc that sometimes you're lucky enough to get occasionally in single-target. I'd rather see Stormbringer be cooler for ST and give Lava Lash an active role when you've executed Crash Lightning properly in AOE.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    I must not wishlist.
    SINNER!

Jk but in all seriousness I like those suggestions.

Also gratz on page 100 folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    I must not wishlist.

I must not wishlist.

I must not...

Ok, I'm going to wishlist for a second.

I think there are a combination of factors that could be addressed for AOE, Lava Lash, and Stormbringer, possibly with changes similar to the following.

1. Reduce Stormbringer procs from Crash Lightning, so it's not just Crash Lightning > Stormstrike ad infinitum for AOE when you chain Stormbringer procs.

2. Have Crash Lightning buff reduce Lava Lash cost when it's up.

3. Have Lava Lash + Crash Lightning do more damage together.

4. Bring up Stormbringer base proc or chance from Mastery a little bit. Tune down the damage bonus (a little) from Mastery, if necessary, to keep Mastery from being even better than it is overall.

By doing #1, you can do #4 and have Stormbringer occur a little more frequently outside of AOE scenarios.

By doing #2 and 3, you give Lava Lash an additional reason to exist aside from just MP dumping near cap.

I get that Stormstrike and Crash Lightning synergize better thematically, but Stormbringer sometimes feels like an AOE proc that sometimes you're lucky enough to get occasionally in single-target. I'd rather see Stormbringer be cooler for ST and give Lava Lash an active role when you've executed Crash Lightning properly in AOE.
    Agree with these. One thing I like to add... increase the range on Crash Lightning. It feels way too small of a frontal cone, like 8 yards. With all the junk that happens in melee, and how we need to position safely, this needs to extend to like 15-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Adornus View Post
    Agree with these. One thing I like to add... increase the range on Crash Lightning. It feels way too small of a frontal cone, like 8 yards. With all the junk that happens in melee, and how we need to position safely, this needs to extend to like 15-20.
    The range is very forgiving. It's 8 yards either side of you so the cone overall is 16 yards from end to end on each side. If that were upped to 15 a 30 yard width cone sounds completely ridiculous for a melee cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    I'm no shaman guru, but the pruning that the spec suffered is massive, the difference is that it was mostly situational spells (totems) and cooldowns (elementals, shammie rage, etc.). You can barely fill a bar, where before two weren't enough.
    Druids have been shit at multirole performing since... Cata if I remember correctly, before that it was possible to play Bearcat or use a few heals as Balance spec, after WotLK, offspec spells and forms were largely cosmetic in terms of performance.

All classes have been reduced to console level number of binds and while I like the new enhancement playing style a lot, I still miss totems, elementals, chain lightning and all the other stuff that has gone with the wind (pun intended). In terms of gameplay the spec has gained a lot in my opinion, I tend to like builder-spender classes, also none of the pruned skills were rotational (except fire nova in AoE which has just changed element, shape and name) and the loss of utilities is probably acceptable for many, after all I didn't cast grounding, tremor, healing totems *that* often, but deep inside I still know they are missing and I don't like it.

I play all classes, the massive 2016 pruning is mind numbing coupled with the previous WoD one, some classes are honestly shadows of their former selfs, I'm glad that Enhancement is still fun and I'm looking forward to play it in Legion.

EDIT: only thing I don't like is self buffs maintenance, never been a fan of it.
    I like the self buff maintainance and it's what made me decide enhancement over elemental, because all those buffs carry onto my character.

I absolutely despise tab target classes, and with ele shaman I quickly noticed I was going to have to tab target flame shock for aoe, and most importantly with their retarded change to Lightning Rod as my preferred talent I was going to tab target there as well.

I despise tab targeting, and enhancement shamans virtually have none of it.

It means enhancement shamans don't suffer on target switch because I don't have to worry about resources to reapply flame shock to my new target before I start doing damage, I just switch and I'm good to go.

I'm still looking for weak auras similar to the weak auras set Binkenstein did for elemental shamans, so if anyone has a Legion set of enhancement auras at least for tracking the important stuff, I'd love to see them.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can someone link or help me out with the rotation in Beta using Boulderfist ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baane View Post
    Can someone link or help me out with the rotation in Beta using Boulderfist ?
    Rotation is the same. Don't overcap maelstrom, pool enough for Stormbringer procs (try to stay at least over half a bar of maelstrom), prevent capping maelstrom with Crash Lightning and if more spending needed, Lava Lash. Then use your cd's judiciously as they both generate tons of maelstrom so plan appropriately.

Keep up Flametongue self-buff. If you took Hailstorm talent, keep Frostbrand up as well.

I have a bit of a question that is making me feel stupid. Should I be casting every GCD? Lets say my Stormstrike is down, my Boulderfist is down, but I have 40 MP. Should I cast CL or just Auto Attack until either I am over 80/90 Maelstrom, or do I just maintain Frost and Fire until Boulderfist or Stormstrike come up? Or do I do neither of those things and I am just completely wrong?

I feel like I should be sitting on a good 80 before I think about casting "filler" so I have "room" to cast Stormstrike, and possibly Stormbringer Procs, as well as pick up more MP from Boulderfist. Is that right?

If you're opting into playing Boulderfist, your gameplay is focused more around managing CDs, resource and GCDs than keeping yourself GCD locked whilst managing your Maelstrom, so yes there will be downtime to play around in those situations.

I must say, it's not the gameplay that I take issue with, I do like the new gameplay, although the RNG of extra stormstrike procs can be a bit meh sometimes (but generally it just feels exciting when it happens, which is good).

I miss 2 things, the first being by far the biggest grievance:
    1: Survivability
    2: The "utility feel"

@1: The lack of survivability is glaringly apparent when doing e.g. Throne of Kiljaeden. Used to be able to pull a good deal of mobs, and between DR's, self-heals and puppies, stuns etc, I could always keep myself going.

Now we have very low DR (no idea if that's a general thing across classes), and our healing costs mana, which we get nothing but baseline regen for, as far as I can see. So We are squishy, and can cast 5-6 healing surges (that heal for nothing, and nothing * artifact extra % = still nothing, at least if the numbers FinalBoss showed in 2nd pass vid still hold).

I generally find I need to be very scaredy-cat of pulling more than a few mobs, as they just wreck you very fast.

That's really, really frustrating, and as far as I can see, this is only worse at 110. Any thoughts on this from beta players?

@2: The utility thing is just a style of gameplay I feel like I miss. I miss managing totems, and instead I manage self-buffs, which just doesn't feel exciting (except aiming Crash Lightning, which I like, but for which I really, really wish they had made a telegraph animation, both for the initial crash lightning and the following cleave, but I guess I'm spoiled from Wildstar which I've raided in until 6 months ago).

We still have some utility, and I don't know what other classes feel like in this regard. I really, really like the roar-totem for example, so maybe I'm just whining because of @1 making me feel the sad feelz. Any thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    If you're opting into playing Boulderfist, your gameplay is focused more around managing CDs, resource and GCDs than keeping yourself GCD locked whilst managing your Maelstrom, so yes there will be downtime to play around in those situations.
    I have another question regardind dumping with CL - if I take Crashing storm, should I aim for casting CL every 6 seconds, even if I am below 80 MS?