Inactive WoD Arena/RBG PvPers depressed about missing elite gear?

Mostly a 2300+ player throughout Cataclysm, I got all the awesome elite sets for my DK then. I missed all of MOP except the first season, but seeing how the elite sets were amazingly hideous recolors I didn't mind too much. Under the impression it was the same for WoD, I didn't care for a while until I resubbed recently. I came to find out now elite sets are completely different and cooler in appearance to the normal sets and now feel tremendously sad I have missed the previous and recent season when I could have easily obtained them instead of playing other games.

How bad do you feel if at all, I can't shake my mind off this in particular and am reconsidering playing HOTS to devote the time to WoW again.

I have the three most important pieces to make a transmog set out of the wod S1 elite set. (head, shoulders and legs) But i'm sad that I didn't have the time to buy all the pieces, I'm currently tweeting to @warcraftdevs to ask if they are planning to make vendors for the old elite sets that one already earned so I can rebuy the pieces i'm missing.

The WoD S1 elite sets are some of the best artwork made in the game.

I'm mad that there are no longer obtainable off-sets for the older(wotlk) PvP armors.

Also the elite gear in WoD in the first season was something unique.

The Warlords Season 1 set was what kept me playing. It being unique an animated let you distinguish yourself, you weren't some guy killing dragons while holding hands with 9-20 other people, you were a badass that would wreck most players 1v1 or even 1v3. The Season 2 set is just a recolor so I didn't care and haven't been playing.

People are going to be able to grab the great Mythic sets now if they have enough HFC gear, or simply Solo the content in Future xpacs. There should be a way to access the PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    The Warlords Season 1 set was what kept me playing. It being unique an animated let you distinguish yourself, you weren't some guy killing dragons while holding hands with 9-20 other people, you were a badass that would wreck most players 1v1 or even 1v3. The Season 2 set is just a recolor so I didn't care and haven't been playing.

People are going to be able to grab the great Mythic sets now if they have enough HFC gear, or simply Solo the content in Future xpacs. There should be a way to access the PvP gear.
    Yep, that's what I've been saying. It's absolutely unfair for the pretty elite sets to disappear from the game, whereas mythic and old heroic are easily available in a funraid 1-2 expansions later.