Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

George broke this news years ago!

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    When you think about how much easier it is to go through a container of salsa compared to ketchup, it makes sense. They might both be condiments, but they have some pretty significant differences. I could go through a regular size jar of salsa in one sitting with a bag of chips, no way could I eat the same amount of ketchup with fries without vomiting. Ketchup seems more comparable to hot sauce imo. Tortillas are functionally far superior to burger buns. I think it has a lot less to do with cultural influence and more to do with these foods being more versatile as a part of people's diets.

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    Spanish food is alright, but that is mostly due to the arab and african influences. French food is truly disgusting, and i say that as a French person. I won't even put French food in my mouth. Italian food is just boiled flour covered either in something dairy related or crushed tomatoes. Greek food, never really tried. Maybe they will be the one decent white food. Although I'd be hard pressed to call Greeks white.
    Well it's all subjective of course, but that's a pretty weird perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    Spanish food is alright, but that is mostly due to the arab and african influences. French food is truly disgusting, and i say that as a French person. I won't even put French food in my mouth. Italian food is just boiled flour covered either in something dairy related or crushed tomatoes. Greek food, never really tried. Maybe they will be the one decent white food. Although I'd be hard pressed to call Greeks white.
    Spanish food has very little in the way of modern Arab influence beyond the popularity of Garbanzos. Also Spanish cuisine is not monolithic and varies WILDLY depending on regions. Spain's climate ranges from Semi Arid to North Atlantic which means that the base ingredients vary, a lot.

Spanish food also influenced HEAVILY Hispanic cuisine regardless of country. Large numbers of dishes are often just variations of Spanish dishes with a regional spin.

Italian food is not synonymous with pasta, that is a stereotype.

Of all the Mediterranean cuisines Greek is by far the most Middle Eastern influenced, and it is almost identical to Turkish cuisine, with a handful of exception like the use of pork and certain types of seafood.

You are really strange, and I have a feeling you are essentially basing your opinion on fast food stereotypes.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2015-11-16 at 06:06 AM.