Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Today it won't. Today is the anniversary where you just need to log on to get FoS and rewards then log off again. People need playtime today, literally on this day, but not gold.

Edit: The arrow showing demand on wowtoken.info is currently maxed out on the EU now as well, tokens probably going to hit 70k-80k+ in a couple of hours because the EU players are gonna want that FoS as well.
    Except you can log in to a level 20 for the FOS for free.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Prices didn't go back down because nobody could buy them. There were tokens available during the decline.

I've heard reports of this, but as far as I can tell the majority of them didn't have their gold removed.
    There was an hour stretch when all tokens were bought out or for some reason you couldn't buy any. I have seen that happen before but it was when they were super cheap, like every time they were 17 - 18k.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    It's almost like 300k people just got unbanned.
    300k people that likely had access to large amounts of gold.

Just checked WoW Tokens in the US is 34.8k
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Now that is a different, and more reasonable statement. By utilising ALL of your garrison functions, you can make a bit. However you do NOT get 1000k/gold per day per character from missions alone. They just don't turn up often enough to do that.
    What else would I be doing? I don't sell mats from the trading post or something, just missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this horseshit, the tokens are 34k but it's saying none are available for sale >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    What else would I be doing?
    Lots of stuff you could be doing, I'm just stating the fact that 1000g/day/toon isn't doable via missions alone.

Now we need to get back on topic maybe ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    300k people that likely had access to large amounts of gold.
    No - because we know it wasn't a bunch of individuals that did this, it was a single event.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The banned people had all gold wiped from their accounts, how are they supposed to be buying tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The banned people had all gold wiped from their accounts, how are they supposed to be buying tokens?
    The same way they did before....Bot.

You would be amazed how much gold a bot can make in a day.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hah! Suffer!

Sincerely, an EU player

(EU token 60k+)
    Meh, I'll gladly pay 40k over 60k (or $15). I currently pay for both my husband's account, as well as my own. It's not so bad doing garrisons and raids, and we get to have a night out with the $30 we save (or two pizza/movie nights).

by botting...and the cycle continues!!

It was not wiped from their accounts. Only from the actual toons. Gold in their guild bank was not touched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad I bought mine when they were cheap. I run two accounts and have them paid up until Oct 21 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Glad I bought mine when they were cheap. I run two accounts and have them paid up until Oct 21 2016
    The prices have already dropped back down since the thread was created. It's sort of made the discussion moot.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    It is not US only. Every region except China spiked in the last 24 hrs, just not as dramatically.

Last 24 hrs:

US 34,638g - 46,144g

EU 60,008g - 65,329g

TW 168,171g - 174,652g

KR 189,661g - 197,610g
    You realise you're undermining your own point there? EU, TW and KR are all within 10% of the lowest value, which is fairly normal. US is >30%.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    TSM tells me I am clearing about 20k/day with my 30-60 minutes of "work" so I can't say I'm super concerned whether tokens are 20k or 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they should just forcibly set the token at 22k and leave it at that.
    No, they should rise and fall to follow what the market thinks they are worth. otherwise, people will resort to going back to gold sellers when they can get double or event triple the gold from third parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I honestly can't tell if that's sarcasm or not, simply because it doesn't make any sense.
    1000gold a day per garrison is what I meant, sorry - typing on a cell phone sucks

The prices have already dropped back down since the thread was created. It's sort of made the discussion moot.
    And they're starting to go back up as well... already it went from 33k this afternoon back up to 38k - but so far thankfully nothing compared to the 46k we had last night...

Aha - 3%/hr seems to be the +ve/-ve rate limit imposed by Blizzard on the price change. I've looked back over the history, every time it gets to +3% or -3% it flattens out.

That explains a lot more.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.