Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I get about 1k€ a month for "student-aid" from the state, which is pretty much it. Well, after i've payed WoW, Spotify and monthly train-tickets im left with 850€ which i get by just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised so many people making absolutely nothing have money to spend on luxuries such as internet, a working PC/Laptop, games and a subscription. When I made minimum wage and a little above it I lived like a hermit, saved money and paid off my student loans. All I had to my name was an apartment, my phone and 10 bucks for 'fun'. Now that I actually have disposable income and no debt outside of a mortgage I can actually afford to do things.

This really is the entitled generation that thinks they should be able to buy whatever they want, plow themselves into massive debt and expect to live like a CEO off of a minimum wage job. It's no wonder people call us millennials grown children.
    well i dont think that wanting to eat else than pasta is that demanding

i like this thread actually, it is nice to compare the lives of ppl from all kinds of countries

Deleted
    Anyone should be able to afford that 15 euros/dollaridoos per month, make sacrifices if you have to because thats pretty much the cheapest entertainment you can get.

Deleted
    I can't really relate. I took alot of chances in life and worked my butt off to get myself in a position that I never have to worry about money anymore.

I do get taxed hard though since I'm in the highest income scale. Luckily I made sure that I get both an income and a profit margin.

I'm not broke, but I'm not exactly rich either. I'm pretty tight on the extra spending money for luxury things (just bought a $145 pair of headphones and had to argue with myself over whether I should buy them or not), but I'm doing well enough to make ends meet and keep bills paid right now. I'm 30, single, and only have myself (and a small dog) to support, so I'd say I'm doing ok considering that. I'll also have my credit card paid off in....about a month if all goes well, which will take off a lot of pressure.

I imagine I'd be struggling a little more if I had a couple of kids to support (although this would also possibly consider a wife's income and whatever tax breaks you get for having kids, so maybe it wouldn't be so bad).
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-11-16 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    Electrician, Denmark i earn about 70euro/h but then taxes comes to rape me so i really earn about 30euro/h
    I am wondering, does those taxes people refer to (on US/Europe) also take into account retirement or are those only income taxes?

In my country you have your base payment, then apply retirement taxes, and after that you apply income taxes (which sums up ~20% of the total income in my case).

Wow, I'm surprised so many people making absolutely nothing have money to spend on luxuries such as internet, a working PC/Laptop, games and a subscription. When I made minimum wage and a little above it I lived like a hermit, saved money and paid off my student loans. All I had to my name was an apartment, my phone and 10 bucks for 'fun'. Now that I actually have disposable income and no debt outside of a mortgage I can actually afford to do things.

This really is the entitled generation that thinks they should be able to buy whatever they want, plow themselves into massive debt and expect to live like a CEO off of a minimum wage job. It's no wonder people call us millennials grown children.
    Lol I was just thinking the same thing. no wonder a lot of them are liberals. Spreading money around is a very popular idea when you don't have any I guess haha

Eh. I'm doing okay. I make meh money overall, about $30k a year. It's livable but if I had any kids or anything I'd be pretty well screwed.

WoW doesn't hurt me financially, though. It's mostly my credit card bills that do it :P Couple of unemployment periods saw to that.

I have commas in both my bank accounts so I'm happy.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Wow, I'm surprised so many people making absolutely nothing have money to spend on luxuries such as internet,
    If you seriously think internet is a luxury now'a days, you haven't been paying attention.

My wife and I just made the decision to make $2000 less per month, she is leaving work to stay with our kids. So this is going to be an interesting transition.

I get about 20k norwegian krones a month from working but im allways out of money :x
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    If you seriously think internet is a luxury now'a days, you haven't been paying attention.
    How is the internet not a luxury? What do you need it for?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was broke as fuck living in Connecticut, 350$ power bill running bare minimum, 500-700$ a month in the winter with the heat on. Even if I moved to a better place that had insulation, I'd be paying the difference from electric to rent. Plus taxs, gas, groceries, pretty much everything is expensive as fuck. Moved to wisconsin, cut my living expenses by at least 70%. Have a decent 2 bedroom with my daughter, can eat healthy for very cheap, spending around 50$ a week to feed 2 people +school lunch which is 11.25 a week. I also got a way better job earning around 11$ more an hour then I was making in shitneticut. In march I'll have enough for a sizeable DP on a multi family.

I'm a disabled vet that recently went thru a divorce. Use your imagination
    (I did not get the dog, either)

Quote Originally Posted by Dansdog View Post
    My wife and I just made the decision to make $2000 less per month, she is leaving work to stay with our kids. So this is going to be an interesting transition.
    Check your finances daily. My parents did the same for a couple of years after my sister was born and they told me that it was hard as fuck to keep spending under control because of the daily habit to buy this and that while they could afford it.

On topic...I am alive because my parents decided to not let me die. Struggling to find a job, thankfully I have them... otherwise I'd have to go for social welfare, which is shit and wouldn't allow me to actually have anything. I would spend the amount coming from social welfare on food alone. Let's not talk about rent and other things.

By that logic, one could argue that indoor plumbing isn't a necessity. Or you can agree that the times have allowed for the internet to be accepted as one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not rich but I don't spend any money on anything outside of food and WoW as 'leisure' expenses. The other being food I don't necessarily need to live, like icecream.

I find the people who claim they can't afford WoW are those who value 'going out' and doing other things with their time.

It's not really a case of being broke, most of us are pretty broke at the moment relatively speaking, but how we prioritize things. And how our luck pans out. (i.e.: Gotten sick in the US? Say good bye to any expendable income you might have had forever)
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

well maybe you are some sort of caveman but around here you even need internet to get something simple as an appointment for god knows the administrative office for citizens

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    By that logic, one could argue that indoor plumbing isn't a necessity. Or you can agree that the times have allowed for the internet to be accepted as one.
    Indoor plumbing has sanitary benefits, but I spend three months of a year at a cottage with no indoor plumbing and I get by just fine.