View Poll Results: Which should be included first?

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • Keeper

2 3.70%
  • Tinker

22 40.74%
  • Dragonsworn

13 24.07%
  • Necromancer

17 31.48%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Necromancer makes more sense as Death Knight's 4th spec. There's no such thing as a Dragonwarden, they're called Dragonsworn and they'd most likely wear plate not mail if they were to be added. Battlemages will never exist as a separate class, if you've read the class previews for Legion you would know that they're incorporating a lot of those classes (Dark Ranger, Battlemage, etc) into the existing ones. I'm not even going to address the Tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    if you've read the class previews for Legion you would know that they're incorporating a lot of those classes (Dark Ranger, Battlemage, etc) into the existing ones.
    Hunters are actually moving away from Dark Rangers with the recent changes to Survival and removal of Black Arrow. Where did you get the idea that Dark Rangers are being incorporated into the existing classes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

@Adoxe i can't stop laughing at people like you who keep pulling up false information out of their asses XD
    Where did you get the idea that blizz intends to incorporate dark ranger or battlemage into existing specs?
    Did you dream it up while you were high or what?

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    @Adoxe i can't stop laughing at people like you who keep pulling up false information out of their asses XD
    Where did you get the idea that blizz intends to incorporate dark ranger or battlemage into existing specs?
    Did you dream it up while you were high or what?
    WarcraftDevs tweeted the following on Nov 10, in response to a question about Marks hunters:

"They currently have a "Dark Ranger" talent which has a chance to summon an undead minion. That minion can also tank."

In the Shaman class preview they had this to say regarding Enhancement:

"We want this spec to be more than a melee-range Elemental Shaman, while having a distinct “Battle Mage” feel."

Nice thank you!
    I still don't like her attitude though XD

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Really not sold on bard, nowhere in lore has music being able to be used on combat, and i find it would seem really jarring. ETC is an exception, but even he plays more like a warrior, and what weapons would they use? all use special bard only instruments?
    I mean ETC in Heroes, Brutal Legend, etc. there IS a way to have it fit the Warcraft feel and not be out of place.

Abilities like Shred, Face Melter, seduce enemies with Power Ballad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trallnar View Post
    Tinker "apothecary"is stupid. If anything it would be something like "combat medic". Apothecaries use potions and chemicals, not machines.
    Think medic from HotS or apothecaries from warhammer 40k, basically combat medics but with a wider variety.

The idea is using technology to heal, and no amount of robots or mechanics can heal someone, but potions and devices to deliver potions can, besides, there is nothing to stop the spec using whatever a "combat medic" would use, and apothecary sounds friggin badass!

Alchemy is a form of technology, just as engineering is (and even blacksmithing/leatherworking/tailoring are in some ways)

The way i see tinkers, is a technology version of mages, mages use magic from 3 schools: arcane, frost and fire, tinkers use tech from 3 schools: mechanical, alchemical and explosive (which i guesscould go under alchemical anyway?)

Besides including more sources of inspiration would only enrich the class

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    I mean ETC in Heroes, Brutal Legend, etc. there IS a way to have it fit the Warcraft feel and not be out of place.

Abilities like Shred, Face Melter, seduce enemies with Power Ballad.
    ETC is from hots, i dont consider it canon but rather a fun and unique addition, besides his abilities are all comical, and its just something i dont think i can move past, having a class so reliant on jokes.

And brutal legend has its own lore, where heavy metal is the single most powerful force on the planet, dont get me wrong i loved brutal legend, but WoW isnt set in that universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Necromancer makes more sense as Death Knight's 4th spec. There's no such thing as a Dragonwarden, they're called Dragonsworn and they'd most likely wear plate not mail if they were to be added. Battlemages will never exist as a separate class, if you've read the class previews for Legion you would know that they're incorporating a lot of those classes (Dark Ranger, Battlemage, etc) into the existing ones. I'm not even going to address the Tinker.
    Agree with necro being a dk 4th spec, necromancers have been split into so many of the other classes that they simply cant exist, we already have 3 specs centred around dealing shadow damage over time (affliction, shadow and unholy), 2 of those use pets, one of those uses skeletons as pets.
    I get the attraction, but at this point its best to be rolled into another class/spec.

Nothing to say dragonsworn would wear plate over mail? besides, mail armor uses dragon scales and such, which would be alot more fitting, along with the need for more mail users

Whats wrong with tinker? Its the most fertile area to utilize to bring in a new class and it has literally 0 overlap with other classes, other than perhaps hunters, which need competition for weapons since literally no other class in the game uses ranged weapons
    Last edited by bloodmoth13; 2015-11-17 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonixCD View Post
    Isnt a spellbreak just an uncorrupted demon hunter basically?
    No, Spell Breakers were Blood Elf soldier units in WC3 who were designed to counter magic users. They had spell immunities, spell steal, mana burn, and could take over summoned units from their summoners. They were anti-mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Hunters are actually moving away from Dark Rangers with the recent changes to Survival and removal of Black Arrow. Where did you get the idea that Dark Rangers are being incorporated into the existing classes?
    Q: @AndrewChambers are you able to say if MM hunters can still summon a pet at all in legion? I like being petless but pet tank is convenient
    A: They currently have a "Dark Ranger" talent which has a chance to summon an undead minion. That minion can also tank.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...67776672575489

They also said the current plan was to roll Black Arrow into a MM talent.

The Keeper class would essentially be a battle-mage, clad in plate armor.
    Though titanic watchers are also sometimes called keepers, these keepers are different from them in that they primarily rely on magic, like a battle-mage would.
    Keeper class players though can indeed have connections to Giants and they runic magic bestowed upon them by the Titans.
    This Keeper class fills the class niche of titanic-magic-warriors.

The main reason for Keeper title is that it fits in with more concise and short calss titles like warrior, mage, druid and so on - battlemage was kinda long :P

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Rune_magic
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-04-29 at 10:04 AM.

What class can they add thats actually not a bastard of some other class mix? That actually pertains to wow and not some other game?

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    What class can they add thats actually not a bastard of some other class mix? That actually pertains to wow and not some other game?
    Among the ones suggested by me here in the starting post - probably Dragonsworn is the most unique to WoW.
    There are not many other games who use lancers with draconic magic specifically - well other than in the Dragonlance dnd setting of course

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, when it comes to the topic of the "necromancer" class - I have not read ONE thread explain why it would be needed. Do people not realize that in Warcraft's style universe, a Warcraft style necromancer has been incorporated into the death knight, and to an extent the warlock and demon hunters? Can anyone please present a concept of a necromancer that isn't a death knight in cloth armor?

There will never be a necromancer class. Let it die.

Back on topic, having 4 classes for each armor proficiency is certainly a dream to aim for. But a nightmare in design and balance. As a player myself I would LOVE being able to choose from 4 new classes, however, I would certainly hope they are unique enough to be differentiated from one another... and not a DK in cloth armor.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    Honestly, when it comes to the topic of the "necromancer" class - I have not read ONE thread explain why it would be needed. Do people not realize that in Warcraft's style universe, a Warcraft style necromancer has been incorporated into the death knight, and to an extent the warlock and demon hunters? Can anyone please present a concept of a necromancer that isn't a death knight in cloth armor?

There will never be a necromancer class. Let it die.

Back on topic, having 4 classes for each armor proficiency is certainly a dream to aim for. But a nightmare in design and balance. As a player myself I would LOVE being able to choose from 4 new classes, however, I would certainly hope they are unique enough to be differentiated from one another... and not a DK in cloth armor.
    A Necromancer is to a DK as a Priest is to a Paladin.
    Essentially Necromancers come before DK-s in terms of uniqueness - Necromancers should summon undead minions, and let DK-s have other death spells which are more appropriate for a melee class - essentially an anti-paladin.
    The same thing they did to warlocks: let demonology warlocks have pets, and let demon hunters do the transformation instead.
    All Necromancers should start the same way as death knights at level 55 - and have a crescendo at the end as to how they moved away from the lich king like DKs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    A Necromancer is to a DK as a Priest is to a Paladin.
    Essentially Necromancers come before DK-s in terms of uniqueness - Necromancers should summon undead minions, and let DK-s have other death spells which are more appropriate for a melee class - essentially an anti-paladin.
    The same thing they did to warlocks: let demonology warlocks have pets, and let demon hunters do the transformation instead.
    Exactly so. It is quite simple to understand in my opinion.

According to those people who say that the Necromancers would be redundant with other classes, Paladins or Demon Hunters should not exist, since Priests and Warlocks already exist... (in fact, until relatively recently, many people said that Demon Hunters would NEVER EVER be a class by itself because Warlocks existed).

Some time ago I myself was developing how could be the Necromancer class in WoW, and believe me when I say that there is enough leeway to create very cool things.

Updated with the Keeper class. Plate wearer - Two-Handed Weapon focused

- - - Updated - - -

Essentially Keepers would use runic magic to empower their weapons and armor, as well as to evoke certain spells.
    Story figures for Keepers could even be part of a secret runecasting guild which was hidden until recently, but now members have come out to openly defend Azeroth, and train new recruits.
    You as the player would be a newly recruited Keeper. Starting at level 1 just like monks did, and travel the world searching for paces of power to protect and draw power from.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Rune_magic
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-04-29 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bard and Psionic Classes,please.

Or Psionic Bards! Yes. Psionic Bards.

I would like Necromancer to be a healing class.

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Bard and Psionic Classes,please.

Or Psionic Bards! Yes. Psionic Bards.

I would like Necromancer to be a healing class.
    Nice try but my suggestions are not a joke. They're 100% genuine :P

I don't think we need more class's I think we need more specs. Hear me out now;

I played a game briefly (no idea what it was called - years ago) and they we're pretty much a wow copy.

But they had a really complicated spec / talent system in place. The only one I can remember is the priest and thats vaguely.

Priest had three specs,

Shadow
    Holy
    (no idea the third)

Shadow broke down into another 3 subclasses, Satanic / demonic, Corruption, Pure shadow

Holy broke into sub classes, Light, divinity, something else

Keep in mind those might not be exactly the same names.

Anyways, the point was each class, had totally unique play styles and from the way they set it up, you could have some mixed stuff, but not complete hybrids. I think it was something like 36 paths available to each class. It was confusing, but a shit ton of thought went into it, I'd like to see something more like that, than more class's