Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Last time I checked it was Germany vs the Netherlands
    Holland is just shorter and more catchy it is the better brand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I always thought people dislike the usage of holland over the netherlands, i remember when i was younger when a bad was introduced they didn't really seem to appreciate being introduced as "from holland" but i'm speaking of at least 10 years ago now.
    That's still valid for a large portion of the Dutch. Especially when they're from Friesland (which I'm not), then it's almost an insult.

But you have about a 45% chance of actually being right introducing them that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    Holland, soon to be Atlantis.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Holland is just shorter and more catchy it is the better brand.
    It's 2 out of 12 provinces. Nothing more, nothing less. But I think the thread has been hijacked enough about now.

Sadly, not much more to discuss about the OT at this point with no new information available.

10+ Year Old Account
    if every christian could kill a muslim we could solve the problem easily. i mean, some of you shouldn't even have to touch those scums because there are still more christians than muslims in the world.

/sarcasm

p.s: atheist
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Could it be that the German football team is being actively targeted??
    Well they where kind of Targeted during the Paris attacks
    When Germany was playing France.
    Two Suicide bombers tried to get into that game before blowing themselves up.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    These. Assholes. I was really looking forward to the game. Goddamn, can't these people get a life ? Prison life ?
    Nope, you are going to need to evict all of them from your country if you want to try and get rid of the problem few. I feel sorry for the Muslims who are getting lumped in with these assholes, but I have no sympathy for anyone who wishes to commit murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the Netherlands is an interesting topic, but it's not the actual topic of the thread. Try to stay on the topic of the cancelled match and any terrorist activity as it may have occured, please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    It's 2 out of 12 provinces. Nothing more, nothing less.
    And the BILD tabloid will always call all of it Holland

Here
    http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/na...2600.bild.html
    "Das Länderspiel zwischen Deutschland und Holland in Hannover ist knapp anderthalb Stunden vor dem geplanten Anpfiff abgesagt worden."

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Could it be that the German football team is being actively targeted??
    Yeah, they should heighten their security at this point. Their hotel got a bomb threat before the Paris attacks, now this. They might be targeting them for symbolic reasons, since the German team is fairly multicultural and has a few players who have ME ancestry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Yeah, they should heighten their security at this point. Their hotel got a bomb threat before the Paris attacks, now this. They might be targeting them for symbolic reasons, since the German team is fairly multicultural and has a few players who have ME ancestry.
    If I were them I would try with a train station attacking germanys national football team would never be forgiven if succesfull I don't even know what that would cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if they cancelled football altogether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Copy/Pasting from https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c...herlands_game/

19:51 - Secretary of the Interior said whole city is in danger

19:55 - Public transportation in city center is partially stopped

20:03 - Police president said there was a serious plan to plant/detonate something

There will be a press conference at 20:30.

There is SPECULATION on twitter that the police got someone - Press conference said there were no arrests yet, so probably not true.

20:15 Newest info from police president is: There was a PLANNED bomb attack on the stadium

NOT YET CONFIRMED (RUMOR): there was an ambulance car with explosives inside, but it was found early enough.

Television news said Intelligence had information about an attack on the stadium earlier today.

People also left the stadium in a coordinated manner, no mass panic.

20:40 - News say attack was planned by Islamists. Police president said they got the decising clue 15 minutes after letting people into the stadium. What a timing.

20:47 - Press conference delayed to 21:00.

By the way, ZDF (German television) is trying to broadcast the game England vs France at short notice. So keep the beer cool for now.
    21:00 - A heavy police force is guarding the Ministry of the Interior. Press conference hasn't started yet.

Missed that one: A concert hall in Hannover also got evacuated.

21:21 - Press conference just started.

Info from Press conference (also check u/seewolfmdk[6] comment, (s)he is doing a more detailed job at translating):

after Paris, there was (as usual after big attacks) a lot of clues and info about upcoming attacks. Intelligence got a lot of info just today, so they adviced politicians to cancel the game and Secretary of the Interior supported that. He also won't comment on any source or what kind of clues there were.

Heavy police force will keep securing Hannover so everybody is ensured to get home safe
    Secretary of the Interior DOES NOT want to comment about if there is still a threat, what kind of threat there is/was, when he got information, just ... nothing really. His reason is to not give away any information about sources or how they decide to cancel public events like that.

No information about found explosives and no information about arrests. No confirmation either.

NO CONFIRMATION about explosives inside of an ambulance truck.

Secretary says people should still gather and celebrate things like football or christmas (soon). Cancelling big events like today will happen on a case-to-case basis, not generally.

PRESS CONFERENCE IS OVER.

If you want my personal opinion, there wasn't any important information to justify this press conference at all. He also talked in a way that I found dodgy and very, very imprecise. Since there is no confirmation for anything, they could've canceled the game just because or any other reasion. But that's just my personal point of view.

21:30 - dpa says they have insider info that the crucial clue was coming from a foreign Intelligence Agency.

u/pXmo[9] says they check passengers and cars for IDs

22:02 - The police minister said on television they more or less HAD to cancel when they got this "crucial clue".

22:04 - Bild (German yellow press) claim they have info that the clue came from the French Intelligence Agency. 30 hours before the game was supposed to start, they warned Germany about a group of attackers armed with explosive belts, bombs and automatic weapons.

22:43 - Federal police is investigating a "suspicious object" inside of an InterCity train

22:49 - Bundesliga is supposed to go on normally. If there were clues about a group armed with explosives and assault rifles and they can't find those guys, they could just try again. Really strange feeling, although keeping up our normal life is probably the best thing anyway ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Something's wrong with that map, but I can't lay my fingers on-... wait, is that Germany within the 1937 borders?
    Hahaha, but what does that have to do with Holland?

Edit: Oh, I just noticed, Italy's bigger too. That got to be it, how couldn't I notice earlier? It's because of the cheese, right? Derp.
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2015-11-17 at 10:45 PM.

Send a jet full of angry drunk hooligans armed with bats to ISIS headquarters or something;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Send a jet full of angry drunk hooligans armed with bats to ISIS headquarters or something;p
    The jolly drunk football hooligans or the horrible racist drunk football hooligans? :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The jolly drunk football hooligans or the horrible racist drunk football hooligans? :P
    The nazi kind they can duke it out with IS.