Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Didn't people predicted the same thing with WoD...???
    WoD did spike though. It went back to 10 million. It just couldn't hold them because there was no content for people who didn't want to raid. Legion seems to be addressing that. Whether or not it will work is up in the air but We could see another huge spike again. And if Legion is actually good they might actually hold on to more of them.

We will never know though since they aren't giving out sub numbers anymore after this last quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Yeah it could have been, but the point is, OP is so sure all these "awesome sauce" will make WoW great again, which is all the things people thought WoD would make WoW great again, but that turned out to be a complete flop.

The only way Legion will save WoW is if Blizzard can keep up the contents (both raid and non raid), give people things to do (that is not complete grind fest or stay in your little phased area all day), maybe new type of content that actually be engaging.

It could turn out great, it could turn out to be another flop, it isn't what the expansion theme is about, or what class they are introducing, it is amount (and speed of release) of contents that Blizzard need to work on.
    Don't get me wrong, I have a previous post in this thread that criticizes most of what the OP says.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Garrison was such a fuckup I don't know how you could recover from that. Almost everything in WoD is tied to it in one way or another.
    Regarding Garrisons, I think that if Blizzard had made some basic changes to the Shipyard (less punishment for failed missions and converting the mandatory parts of it into actual quests and leaving it as an alternate and optional source of apexis shards and item tokens etc.) it would have gone a long way.

As for the Garrison itself, profession buildings should have existed solely to enhance already existing professions, not replace them. The garden should have been there only for herbalists, the mine only for miners, and the small plot buildings should have only functioned for those who had the professions. That way we'd actually have professions to speak of in this expansion.

Missions are largely fine (after the treasure hunter hotfix). I don't really think most of the issues people have with the Garrison revolve around the missions and followers themselves, but rather with the entire thing feeling so mandatory. Things within the Garrison like the War Mill giving a free roll item and the Mage Tower giving extra portals were functional and useful, but not mandatory - these were successes within the Garrison system. However, they should have existed completely separately from the actual world content of Draenor, and been an entirely different and purely optional path - no Garrison levels required, streamlined Garrison campaign quests without weekly cooldowns or random ordering, and no definitely no mandatory Shipyard requirements.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    I think it will be as like in WoD. Big hype, followed by a massive loss of subs back to a slow permanent sub loss.

Sorry to say OP but.. No.

I do feel that wow is well beyond its prime. If nothing else, Blizzard reigns supreme with their ability to hype their games and expansions. They will rope back former subscribers by the millions as a result of Legion hype; I am one of them and I can't flippin' wait. MoP turned a lot of us away, WoD even more-so, and I hope Legion has a longer-lasting appeal than the former two. I really do. Here's to the hype! *raises glass*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    TL;DR: Legion - Azshara - LK2.0 = increasing subs till at least 2020

Wait what?

Deleted
    It will be the same as WoD and MoP, peak at start then steep decline. They know this and that is why blizzard chiefs want expansions out faster.

I predict they will not ever see 10 mil again.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Now, starting from the fact that we have never been so much bla bla bla
    Stopped reading right there because i hate when people decide for me, especially plebs from mmo champion.
    Dillusional and also no different from the naysayers...just the other end of the spectrum.

Let people make there own mind up. Only blizzard can fuck it up no one else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think the subs will sky rocket to like 10m again lol. They'll tell us those sub numbers for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Considering similar predictions were made about WoD when MoP was "the worst expansion ever made #pandaslol", and considering how out of touch and inept the developers sound about Legion, I seriously doubt your claims.

I hope for them, but I doubt them all the same.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Damn, that's a lot of bullshit based on wrong assumptions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Not to be a naysayer But WoW's prime has past. WoD continued the bleeding of subs even after starting off with a huge gain. WoD was TBC 2.0 and failed. I think WoW will be down to 4 million before Legion launches and I'll say it will pick up 2 million and then lose those 2 after 6-8 months and the bleed will continue.

I don't fault Blizzard, I just don't think they will ever recapture the original magic WoW even if they released Vanilla servers. Game is too old and dated looking to compete with all the free to play games. I also think the Subscription model is done for and least for this generation
    Wat. The two of them are nothing alike. Except in that they both have kind of a shitty storyline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Wat. The two of them are nothing alike. Except in that they both have kind of a shitty storyline.

The Marketing counted on that illusion though. In practice they are nothing alike. Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Garrison was such a fuckup I don't know how you could recover from that. Almost everything in WoD is tied to it in one way or another.
    My concern is that Artifacts will simply take Garrisons place in that equation, where almost everything and anything will be tied to leveling and getting relics and unlock models and colors for your Artifact weapon. If that is the case, Legion will bomb.

On a different note (not related to the quote >.>), people keep claiming that "oh the last two expansions jumped to 10M subs and now we have Demon Hunters so zomg it will hit 20M subs!" seem to forget one very important metric in this standing. MoP wasn't THAT far under 10M subs when it dropped. There was a huge sub loss at the end because of the length of SoO. And WoD was at 7M subs when it dropped, which is still only a jump over 3M, which they then lost after the first quarter that WoD was out. However, right now, WoW is down to 5.5M and will probably be closer to 4M by the time Legion finally drops (given that they have a "by this date" of Sep of 2016, and they will inevitably push that as much as possible to "ensure the quality of the expansion", which means, what? over a year of HFC?), which would mean that they would need a jump of over 6M subs just to hit 10M. Not likely. If I recall correctly, post WotLK, the 3M was by far the largest jump in subs. And that was HALF of what these people are thinking are miraculously going to come back for Legion. I just think people are rather deluded. While I know anecdotal evidence is by and large completely meaningless, I know a number of folks who aren't coming back and aren't interested because Legion sounds like it is mostly pandering to fanbois just to retain subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have absolutely no idea what will happen. As much as I dislike threads claiming wow is dead, this is no different.

Sure, we can make educated guesses. The hype is slightly stronger than WoD. No doubt the movie will influence the amount of subscribers by bringing a huge amount of gamers that never played the game. We can guess that there will be a rather big spike in sales when Legion will go out.

But we have no way of knowing what will happen after. The drop could be as negatively hard as WoD if Legion is unable to deliver.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    It depends on whether Blizz puts enough content in. Each expansion has been lighter on content than the prior expansion.

Blizz promises to put more content in, but if it isn't meaningful, or it really isn't anymore than WoD, it might bring a brief surge in subs like WoD due to PR, but people won't stick around. Needs to be more to do than just raiding...

I would like, too. But, I'm done after Wotlk listening to all same crap again and again (I didn't like MoP, but turns out it was light years better than WoD). I'm skiping launch, will decide after 2 major patches (BIG PATCH 7.1 - facebook integration, I hope not this time) if I'm ever going back.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    My concern is that Artifacts will simply take Garrisons place in that equation, where almost everything and anything will be tied to leveling and getting relics and unlock models and colors for your Artifact weapon. If that is the case, Legion will bomb.
    Aslong as the artifact doesn't make me "play" a facebook minigame I would be almost ok with that. Atleast I'm doing that stuff, I'm playing the game instead of my followers.

Deleted
    As much as I would like you to be correct OP, I just think wow has had its time. It's still a great game for me, but it seems to be in maintenance mode now