Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They shouldn't its not your every day run of the mill middle easterner who decides to fuck up the lives of hundreds of people, you can't just demand that a huge part of the earths population apologizes for the actions of a fraction of that demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'

Noone wants to live under a religious rule, thats just fuckimg dumb(no offence). Religion should NEVER be used to control a country. Something we fortunately learned from in EU, but also something they never learned in the mid-east, sadly.
    well its a war that will never end, unless you do as some people always try to suggest in these forums to nuke the shit out of the ME
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Because nothing changes if people don't change or learn. It would do more good than bad to distance one self from those attacks.

Look what the response by the west is: Bomb the IS, fail to deliver a fatal strike, kill more civilists and raise the next generation with hate towards the west

Who would apologize though? What is the nationality of the terrorists and since they claim to be doing this for "religious motives" or "the islamic state"...well..what would happen if a catholic guy went on a rampage and kill for god. Would the pope apologize?
    most of these attackers are Europeans, guess who will get bombed, Syrians
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

OP, You're out of line.

10+ Year Old Account
    All middle eastern culture perpetuates the same types of violence that struck France, America in 2001, and the Titanic in 1912.

Europeans have been forced to apologize for the slavery of the ancestors for hundreds of years (even though the Middle East and north Africa have used slavery to a much larger degree in history). I shouldn't even need to mention Asians (China in present day, as an example).
    Last edited by Fojos; 2015-11-18 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldreno View Post
    All middle eastern culture perpetuates the same types of violence that struck France, America in 2001, and the Titanic in 1912.
    The...Titanic? How did the ME culture influence an iceberg?

ANyways if you continue to play the blame game, nothing will ever heal. Also, really tacky to say Its france's fault for innocent parisians getting killed

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    The...Titanic? How did the ME culture influence an iceberg?

ANyways if you continue to play the blame game, nothing will ever heal. Also, really tacky to say Its france's fault for innocent parisians getting killed
    They obviously radicalized the iceberg and caused to go directly for the Titanic.

Deleted
    I'm truly amused when I see people trying to apply XXI sec Western World values to every other period in history or other geographical locations.

What you see as something barbaric is just a common day in history.

1600, the Ottomans come as conquerors, and they rape, pillage and murder.
    1800, the French come as conquerors, and they rape, pillage and murder.
    2000, the ISIL comes, and they are new conquerors...

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Apologies are just words, they mean nothing.
    I would say it means nothing, if you don't mean what you are saying. For example, if I thought someone is an asshole, and told them that, then what good would an apology do, if I still held that opinion. It would only be saying it, just for the sake of saying it. Meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    They obviously radicalized the iceberg and caused to go directly for the Titanic.
    Maybe it was terrorists who drove the ship into the iceberg Like 9/11, but sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by habitsbreaker View Post
    most of these attackers are Europeans, guess who will get bombed, Syrians
    They dont radicalise tehmselves. The root of the problem is what we need to get rid of. And they live in Syria among other middle eastern countries. The way i see it, as long as an area does not directly denounce IS and other groups, they encourage it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    I'm truly amused when I see people trying to apply XXI sec Western World values to every other period in history or other geographical locations.

What you see as something barbaric is just a common day in history.

1600, the Ottomans come as conquerors, and they rape, pillage and murder.
    1800, the French come as conquerors, and they rape, pillage and murder.
    2000, the ISIL comes, and they are new conquerors...
    They dont conquer anything. They blow themselves up to kill civilians. Its literally the definition of cowardice.

Because Americans routinely apologise for the mass shootings and religious nutters like Westboro picketing funerals and spreading hate speech, just as the Vatican still apologises for the Crusaders.

Hu-wait a minute.

See, what I'm getting from this Paris terror is that we choose who to feel sorry for and to mourn.

Everywhere on Facebook, people have their profile pictures with the French flag. Yet no one cared about the Russian plane where over 200 died. No newspaper find their pictures and stories.

The Paris terror is sad, I'm not saying it isn't, yet it's being almost considered the worst thing to ever happen, when the previous week, about 41 people were killed in Beirut (Lebanon) and no one gave a shit, same when Boko Haram deleted villegaes and killed 2000 in Nigeria.

I didn't know about the French atrocities in Algerie, but given Belguim's history, it's not surprising. All in all, it's very sad to think about the countless people that were tortured, raped and killed in the colonies.

No one is asking the Middle East to apologise however. But when you see people in a bombed-out Syria where about 200 000 people have died, showing their sympathy for the victims of France, it clearly shows what countries are considered better, or more worthy, to mourn.

These threads would be more compelling if I believed for a second that the OP could actually find French Algeria on a globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    See, what I'm getting from this Paris terror is that we choose who to feel sorry for and to mourn.
    Yet no one cared about the Russian plane where over 200 died. No newspaper find their pictures and stories.
    It's all about who people like more. Fuck the Russians after MH17 tbh.
    Beirut? Nigeria? Shit does down there every day.

Westerners will report about western issues where it's not that common for mass deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post

Everywhere on Facebook, people have their profile pictures with the French flag. Yet no one cared about the Russian plane where over 200 died. No newspaper find their pictures and stories.

The Paris terror is sad, I'm not saying it isn't, yet it's being almost considered the worst thing to ever happen, when the previous week, about 41 people were killed in Beirut (Lebanon) and no one gave a shit, same when Boko Haram deleted villegaes and killed 2000 in Nigeria.

I didn't know about the French atrocities in Algerie, but given Belguim's history, it's not surprising. All in all, it's very sad to think about the countless people that were tortured, raped and killed in the colonies.

No one is asking the Middle East to apologise however. But when you see people in a bombed-out Syria where about 200 000 people have died, showing their sympathy for the victims of France, it clearly shows what countries are considered better, or more worthy, to mourn.
    What you've said is basically why I disagree with all the social media being used to collectively mourn or show your support. It's similar in my eyes to doing a good deed while taking a selfie. It's hard to tell if you're actually mourning or just doing it because the group is, or to appear respectable.

Also why I dislike the old topics like when Cataclysm's release date was announced. People were complaining about it being 'in poor taste' because of Pearl Harbor. News flash, bad things happen around the world every single day. If we declared every day a tragedy happened out of bounds for celebrations or entertainment, we'd have nothing to do. Acting like something that personally affected your country is more worth respecting than some other country's problems is bigoted.

I almost prefer the idea of not caring about ANY tragedy to acting like X is a tragedy while Y is meh.

Deleted
    Its because thats where the funds for those things usually come from.

50% of tweets from quatar are positive about the paris attack and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Its because thats where the funds for those things usually come from.

50% of tweets from quatar are positive about the paris attack and so forth.
    True there is alot of private founding going on to Daesh from Saudi Arabia and the gulfstates, they should hit them hard.

its kinda funny because gulf countries bombed isis with the US last year. even more funnier isis attacked saudi arabia and Kuwait a couple of times , but hey lets try to find someone brown to blame

10+ Year Old Account
    Algeria is half the African continent away from the middle east. The only thing they have in common are that they are poor areas and they contain muslims. Trying to rile up the forums by saying "LOOK THE FRENCH DID BAD THINGS TO MUSLIMS 50 YEARS AGO" implying that makes what has happened in Paris okay in any sort of way is despicable.

CLOSED.