Professions in Legion

With the changes to some of the profession I was wondering which profession you guys think will make the most gold? I have a few characters with no professions and wanted to see which ones to level up before legion. any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butternuts View Post
    With the changes to some of the profession I was wondering which profession you guys think will make the most gold? I have a few characters with no professions and wanted to see which ones to level up before legion. any suggestions?
    Jewelcrafting - sockets are coming back in a major way (all rings/necklaces will have sockets) for gems. While we don't know if these crafted rings/necklaces will be BoE, the fact that more gem sockets exist will mean the gem market being a thing again.

Inscription - Mixed bag. No more major glyphs, but minor glyphs are supposed to be increased and (more importantly) consumable items. Also we'll have to see if those 10% increase against raid boss items are any good.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Jewelcrafting - sockets are coming back in a major way (all rings/necklaces will have sockets) for gems. While we don't know if these crafted rings/necklaces will be BoE, the fact that more gem sockets exist will mean the gem market being a thing again.

Inscription - Mixed bag. No more major glyphs, but minor glyphs are supposed to be increased and (more importantly) consumable items. Also we'll have to see if those 10% increase against raid boss items are any good.
    Uhm.. yes? Even if you're not struggling with a current Progression Boss, come Legion, you'll still want those for all the Bosses available. So selling them will probably get you a nice gain on the side, from those Guilds that don't really take care of Consumables for their Raiders.

As to reasons why: It's extra damage. Simple as that. The question that remains is: Will they become mandatory to have in Raids, because Blizzard didn't tune around them - or - will they become mandatory because Blizzard does plan on tuning around them.

In both ways: It helps the Raid, thus helps Progression, thus it'll become just another mandatory thing besides Flasks, Pots and Food. Only that these Glyphs count towards CERTAIN Bosses and some Guilds will require you to have them for the Bosses you're currently progressing on, while others will want you to have some for every Boss, to speed up farm and get to Progression faster.

Anyways, I drifted enough. Major Glyphs gone = No problem. For most of the Expansion, they haven't sold for huge chunks, just peanuts if you take into account the amounts of Gold your Garrison can generate. Minor Glyphs = They are consumables, but also unlimited, so people will just buy those that they want and only switch them for visual freshness once in a while. I doubt people will be able to charge a lot of that, so unless you're mass-producing like a chinese factory, not much of a gain.

Pretty sure the Vantus Runes for Bosses will generate a solid income for scribes, though.

10+ Year Old Account

Only JC created ones. So no, JC isnt back in a big way.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Too early to know. Legion is released in summer (earlier) or September (later). Announcements at Blizzcon may as well change in Beta, due to feedback, change of mind/heart etc. Hell, they may even change 2 days after release (disenchanting blues giving dust instead of crystals comes to mind in WoD). Post again when beta starts.

Wasn't sure where to post this, and didn't think it merited its own thread, so I'll just post it here.

"Spirit of Eche'ro (Archaeology) The spirit of Huln Highmountain's pet moose."

source:http://www.wowhead.com/news=250014/p...aps-icons-and-

I guess that answers the question of what that spectral moose mount was in one of the legion pannels at blizzcon. Glad to see a new archaeology mount. Was getting tired of the crappy BoAs and pets.

Leatherworking might be a decent bet early on in the expansion as I imagine we'll see a high number of Demon Hunters for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Only JC created ones. So no, JC isnt back in a big way.
    If JC created rings/necklaces are not BoE, then yes JC isn't making a huge comeback because limited sockets in general.

However, if Blizzard keeps the current model of crafted gear (and gear upgrades), then rings/necklaces with sockets will be fairly high value early expansion (like every other resource in scarcity). The issue is that sustained growth markets for JC is a different story.

We'll need to also look at what the reagents are for these recipes to determine if gathering professions greatly outweigh crafting ones. Note that generally gathering professions pay higher dividends initially because of the limited chances to mine/herb/skin. This is further highlighted as nodes (ore/herbs) will supposedly generated specifically for you (no more fighting over nodes). Skinning is still open season I think (unless you're the jerk who doesn't loot everything from the corpses)

stick around like Kraineth stated. Well so much for care free mining...
    Last edited by Alroxas; 2015-11-20 at 06:34 PM.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

This is further highlighted as nodes (ore/herbs) will supposedly generated specifically for you (no more fighting over nodes).
    This isn't the case. It was states in an interview that the nodes will just stick around for 20 seconds or so once looted so that other players can loot them if they were around. So crowded gathering areas will still have people competing for nodes, you just won't have to deal with people nabbing one right in front of you.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Mining was always the most gold maker for me

The few pieces of crafted gear I've seen datamined so far looks to be equippable at level 101 so that will be something for the alt market again.

The 3 equiped limit remains in legion as they said..and since rings/necks has the lowest stat value i doubt jc is coming back..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    The 3 equiped limit remains in legion as they said..and since rings/necks has the lowest stat value i doubt jc is coming back..
    Depends, φιλε. Sometimes the raids don`t give items with optimal stats on those slots, so some will choose to wear them. Think of Highmaul`s bad itemisation for like 4 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping to hear a lot about the big changes for professions at Blizzcon. Still waiting. Professions blog would be great.

Daily cooldowns removed? Daily CDs would be fine if there were an overflow stack, without I prefer no CD.
    Quests?? Any examples.

Crafting changes I wish I'd heard:

Unique 3 equip limit removed or increased.
    Profession quests to warforge and add sockets.
    2 primary crafting profession limit increased.
    Gathering professions switched from primary category to their own. (everyone gets a quest to boost one profession to 700 during the launch event crafting, gathering, or secondary. You choose.)
    Extreme Fishmaster - Fishing revamped. Fun added. Earn Lures rods, pets, and mounts along with mad respect from El who took over for Nat after his sudden and tragic death on a small desert island.
    Last edited by Gevoth; 2015-11-27 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    I just want daily CD Professions, like Living Steel for Alchemy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    I just want daily CD Professions, like Living Steel for Alchemy!
    I miss my 11 Transmute Alchemists from MoP ... that was the easiest goldmaking time in 10 years WoW. 5-10k profit everyday in like 2 minutes.