Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Finally got Illidan in Heroes...

And I am just wondering are the Demon Hunters from WoW Legion based on Illidan in this game, and from Warcraft III a bit too?

Besides that I am looking forward to playing more matches with Illidan.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    And I am just wondering are the Demon Hunters from WoW Legion based on Illidan in this game, and from Warcraft III a bit too?

A lot of new class abilities from Legion seem to be inspired by HotS and Diablo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Prepare for trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Just don't get greedy.

HoTS Illidan is very reminiscent of Illidan in Warcraft III. I think Legion's DHs come from the same source but due to the complications of WoW stray a bit from that model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    HoTS Illidan is very reminiscent of Illidan in Warcraft III. I think Legion's DHs come from the same source but due to the complications of WoW stray a bit from that model.
    What? HotS Illidan is nothing like WC3 Illidan. WC3 Illidan had immolation aura, evasion and mana burn. HotS Illidan has evasion by default and immolation can be talented in, but he's far more mobile than the WC3 Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    A lot of new class abilities from Legion seem to be inspired by HotS and Diablo.

Pallies, in particular, get Tyreals sword throw/teleport from HotS AND the Crusader (and Diablo Pally) Blessed Hammer from D2/D3/HotS....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

7+ Year Old Account
    What? HotS Illidan is nothing like WC3 Illidan. WC3 Illidan had immolation aura, evasion and mana burn. HotS Illidan has evasion by default and immolation can be talented in, but he's far more mobile than the WC3 Illidan.
    Mana Burn would actually be a cool mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    Priests had mana burn and it was broken, aka OP in PvP. Couldn't get balanced and got removed in the end. So I doubt it will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelnir View Post
    Priests had mana burn and it was broken, aka OP in PvP. Couldn't get balanced and got removed in the end. So I doubt it will happen again.
    Wasn't OP, don't spread nonsense. The most balanced seasons of wow pvp were objectively s7-8. Seasons during which mana-starving or draining were important tools to the classes that had them.

It was removed along with the requirement of mana altogether, for some reason having the pressure to keep your mana pool healthy was deemed too difficult.

He meant in hots, not WoW

Wrong game.

In theme. A lot of WCIII mechanics don't port so well to modern games. I think Meta is the real iconic Illidan ability.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prepare for trouble.
    Make it double.

OT: I think its safe to assume there will be overlap of abilities. plus quite a fair few more in WoW DH's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Wasn't OP, don't spread nonsense. The most balanced seasons of wow pvp were objectively s7-8. Seasons during which mana-starving or draining were important tools to the classes that had them.

It was removed along with the requirement of mana altogether, for some reason having the pressure to keep your mana pool healthy was deemed too difficult.
    PVP was never balanced (or good) ever and mana burn was a disgusting mechanic.

Would not be surprised if they have it listed down. It will likely be in the form of a heroic rather than a low CD ability/trait. Sort of like an anti caster/healer toolkit. Obviously, heroes like Cho'Gal, Sonya and Illidan would make that a useless heroic, but since it would only be on one character, it would not be much of a balance concern. I mean there is stuff like Possession and Robo-Goblin etc that gets a lot of flack too.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Yet s7/8 were still better than Hots.
    Lol, WoW PVP has always been a joke. No way in hell it was ever better than HotS or any MOBA for that matter.

Yet s7/8 were still better than Hots.
    well anything's better than hots - lol, dota2, you name it, it's better... Not much of an achievement...
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Arena tournaments had more viewers than hots ever managed to get, grossly more. Both the skill floor and skill cap were higher. The competition in the scene was way, way tougher.

Of course all that went to shit with cata/mop, but back then WoW arena was one of the very top esports, unlike hots today.
    HotS is a new game and I seriously doubt WoW tournaments reached the ~100k viewers that HotS reached this Blizzcon. WoW PVP has always been retarded, and that's coming from someone with a rank 1 title. Was the competition fierce? Probably, but WoW PVP is riddled with stupid shit because it's a PVE game at heart and PVP is an afterthought. The seasons you are talking about had Shadowmourne in them IIRC, so yeah.

the wow pvp tourney on blzzcon had like 56k to 60k viewers and hots was close to 100k