Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Kill Shot probably removed.

"is shadow word: death gone for spreists? it was so important for pvp tbh, will be really sad if it is gone.
    Currently, it remains, as the only true execute ability (other than Execute). (WarcraftDevs)"

This sounds for me that we get our Kill Shot removed, it hurt already Survival, but for all specs i think i miss it.

That's a good thing, imo. Didn't have Kill Shot back in the day and didn't need it. Damage should be high enough to kill a target without every class having a spammable(or near spammable execute)
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't remove kill shot, it's by far one of the most awesome feeling abilities as a hunter. It really makes my character feel important in that last 35% (or 20% as BM).

10+ Year Old Account
    thats fine. as long as the new kit feels good, i dont care if they remove KS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaud View Post
    "is shadow word: death gone for spreists? it was so important for pvp tbh, will be really sad if it is gone.
    Currently, it remains, as the only true execute ability (other than Execute). (WarcraftDevs)"

This sounds for me that we get our Kill Shot removed, it hurt already Survival, but for all specs i think i miss it.
    Depends on how they meant true : True as in the only one, or true as in the one that really deals a big portion of your total damage at low hp?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I hope they don't remove kill shot, it's by far one of the most awesome feeling abilities as a hunter. It really makes my character feel important in that last 35% (or 20% as BM).
    I only play a hunter as an alt, but I agree. Whenever I use Kill Shot, it actually feels impactful, regardless of how much damage it does. Kill Shot -> reset -> Kill Shot is extremely satisfying.
    On the other hand, I also agree that way too many classes have executes nowadays, and a lot of the executes aren't even particularly powerful, they're just "there" and in some cases replace an ability that does marginally less damage once you get to a certain health %.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I only play a hunter as an alt, but I agree. Whenever I use Kill Shot, it actually feels impactful, regardless of how much damage it does. Kill Shot -> reset -> Kill Shot is extremely satisfying.
    On the other hand, I also agree that way too many classes have executes nowadays, and a lot of the executes aren't even particularly powerful, they're just "there" and in some cases replace an ability that does marginally less damage once you get to a certain health %.
    Yeah, there probably are too many executes, but I feel at the very least that physical dps classes should have them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    thats fine. as long as the new kit feels good, i dont care if they remove KS.
    Agreed, if the kit fits well enough without it, we don't really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Yeah, there probably are too many executes, but I feel at the very least that physical dps classes should have them.
    well, it says 'true execute', whatever that means. other classes could potentially still have something like molten core or soul reaper i guess

Wouldn't be surprised.

Deleted
    Ipreff some kind of damage/resourse buff to finish off your foe than Killshot

Deleted
    Killshot was always quite underwhelming for me in that they had to effectively add 2 charges to it. I'm guessing that was mostly down to PVP issues since if it hit twice as hard at baseline it would be quite overpowered but they could go away and come back with something better. Or perhaps they're doing away with it to prevent some decisions being made around strong execute classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I hate that the reset only kicks in after hitting the target (or that the flight time is so long) which means that at max range, it wont be reset before the GCD is gone, forcing me to use another ability in the meanwhile or suffer a DPS loss waiting.

Paladins keeps their Hammer of Wrath? Because of whine? Lol, start whine folks :P

Who cares really. Early WoD SV was a really strong spec without having an execute they broke the spec pve wise on purpose. Im looking forward to dk dps without SR. They can make more impactful and fun gameplay in the execute %eges rather than adding an ability that you can only press for the last min or two of a fight.
    If everyone had an execute would you be happy?
    When I look at the dk talent tree preview the last thing I think is "man i dont have an execute anymore /rage"
    Most of everything i looked at is going to play a lot different which is good. We need nothing to remind us of what we played in WoD

MM got the goodies that (imo) made survival so fun. Will be interesting to see how the specs play.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Paladins keeps their Hammer of Wrath? Because of whine? Lol, start whine folks :P
    No, Hammer of Wrath is gone too, as is Soul Reaper and every other execute besides Execute and Shadow Word: Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    No, Hammer of Wrath is gone too, as is Soul Reaper and every other execute besides Execute and Shadow Word: Death.
    You sure? Cus' it says Hammer of Wrath in the spec abilities

Datamining - take it with a grain of salt since that contains stuff not necessarily representative of what players will get.
    Plus it is early, and lots of stuff in the process of being changed or removed.
    Many tooltips make mentions of no-longer present mechanics or abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    That's a good thing, imo. Didn't have Kill Shot back in the day and didn't need it. Damage should be high enough to kill a target without every class having a spammable(or near spammable execute)
    Actually we kinda needed it back then, that's why it was added. Hunters had good upfront damage, but had issues killing their targets if there was any healing involved, hence kill shot was introduced. However, I do agree with you that we shouldn't need a kill shot, as long as the rest of our arsenal is doing adequate damage. The issue comes in when the damage output is too chunky, giving the target time to heal up. This is of course more relevant to PvP, but it can also involve some PvE mechanic that would make other classes preferable to hunters for the task.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard explicitly said that all executes except Execute and Shadow Word: Death will be removed, and specifically called out Hammer of Wrath as being removed shortly after Blizzcon.