KotFE Class Choice

Ok, so I'm a bit of a crazy person when it comes to this, so I figured since some of you have played through the new story line, and get you to field this question.

The way I've always liked to play these BW SW games is: Good playthrough, Bad playthrough, done. This game kind of makes it a little different, so I've been doing class playthroughs, then doing Republic side through Shadows, and then Imperial side through Shadows. With this in mind, I'm only going through once in the new story. What do you guys think, from a story and lore perspective, the best class would be for my run through KotFE?

Any force user will work, based on what's out so far. It makes little to no sense on non-force users.

Glad I asked. Was leaning towards Merc BH but I figured force user was the way to go.

If playing Empire, most story lines seem to assume the Sith Inquisitor is the real protagonist of the Imperial saga. Sith Warrior is a major player too, but he's not the center of the galaxy.

If playing Republic, most story lines seem to assume the Jedi Knight is the real protagonist of the Republic saga. Trooper is a major player too, but the galaxy doesn't revolve around him.

Bounty Hunter, Consular, Agent and Smuggler are in the background doing stuff.

That's my impression so far through every SWTOR expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    If playing Empire, most story lines seem to assume the Sith Inquisitor is the real protagonist of the Imperial saga. Sith Warrior is a major player too, but he's not the center of the galaxy.

See I not only disagree with that, but felt completely the opposite, I felt like the inquisitor was a major player but the war was well a big deal and much like the Jedi Knight and how they were the Republic's hero, the Sith Warrior was the Empire's hero. The Inquisitor just felt like another high ranking sith who had very little to do with the recent events compared to the warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree with Fencers that there is no denying that the Jedi Knight is the big hero of the Republic, and Inquisitor similarly being the big hero of the Empire. However, both the Jedi Consular and Sith Warrior had enough personal dealings with the Emperor that it could be argued that they have just as much investment as the JK and SI.

I'm really interested how I will handle my Scoundrel when it comes time to start the KotFE content...it doesn't seem to jive with that character, but we will see.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    See I not only disagree with that, but felt completely the opposite, I felt like the inquisitor was a major player but the war was well a big deal and much like the Jedi Knight and how they were the Republic's hero, the Sith Warrior was the Empire's hero. The Inquisitor just felt like another high ranking sith who had very little to do with the recent events compared to the warrior.
    I'm actually prioritizing SI now after Fencers suggestion, mainly because I'm doing my SW play through and it feels close to JK. If SI is more like JK, I want to play through it ASAP.

I'm glad I picked JK for my first go through. It felt like an iconic Star Wars story.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Any force user will work, based on what's out so far. It makes little to no sense on non-force users.
    i have yet to try it for a non-force user, it would be...interesting and i don't see how it would work.. i mean the character is a powerful user of the force.. but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    i have yet to try it for a non-force user, it would be...interesting and i don't see how it would work.. i mean the character is a powerful user of the force.. but what do I know.
    I mean, it works in the same way that having a trooper or sniper mowing down jedi/sith works : P

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I'm actually prioritizing SI now after Fencers suggestion, mainly because I'm doing my SW play through and it feels close to JK. If SI is more like JK, I want to play through it ASAP.

I'm glad I picked JK for my first go through. It felt like an iconic Star Wars story.
    thats not what I meant. Sith Warrior and the knight are so similar in terms of them both being the "main hero" of either faction. At least I got that vibe, hell the warrior has his own personal title and was the in some regards with the emperor (and if you wanted you could even make your character still follow him.) The SI is just well another Darth, and while very important, isn't nearly as close as the warrior is to the knight character wise imo.

I'm curious on how the few of you feel the SI is more like the knight? interms of importance and how they "feel" like the main out of the two sith? I just don't see it, specially with the wraths history...

In vague terms, please.

To reiterate, I'm watching this thread and it needs to remain spoiler free. If you want to talk more in depth, use another thread.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2015-11-20 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    ..and I'm abandoning thread. Have fun. Thanks to those that answered.
    Edit - Ah, see I'd thought you'd played the Story through on your JK through to the completion of FE, if that's not the case then I'm sorry if I spoiled anything. I should've read through all of the OP instead of just the title and the first line.

Would throw my weight behind Jedi Knight if you're still reading. Especially Dark Side if you've got it available. Light Side Jedi in general are just so... boring.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2015-11-20 at 08:20 PM.

..and I'm abandoning thread. Have fun. Thanks to those that answered.