Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    They seized a rocket launcher during the raids ....
    Was it used during the attacks? Are you saying armed citizens are more defenseless than unarmed citizens, what exactly is your point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Was it used during the attacks? Are you saying armed citizens are more defenseless than unarmed citizens, what exactly is your point
    An armed terrorist has it easier to move around among armed citizens.
    No arms policy is general policy even in the US on huge public gatherings and sport events?

An armed terrorist has it easier to move around among armed citizens.
    No arms policy is general policy even in the US on huge public gatherings and sport events?
    How? A person taking fire has a harder time moving around then someone facing no resistance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    How? A person taking fire has a harder time moving around then someone facing no resistance.
    You are not allowed to bring the gun into the Nascar stadium and on the way to it the Islamist are safely disguised with open carry.
    So you only make it easier for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how making guns more prevalent at public events will make it more difficult for terrorist to bring guns to public events.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Not when the point is to kill as many as you can before they die. These people are not fearful of death and their shooting doesn't require targeting or moving around. Then you couple it with the fact that in chaos, those shooting at terrorist will seem a lot like terrorist them selfs.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don't see how making guns more prevalent at public events will make it more difficult for terrorist to bring guns to public events.

- - - Updated - - -

Not when the point is to kill as many as you can before they die. These people are not fearful of death and their shooting doesn't require targeting or moving around. Then you couple it with the fact that in chaos, those shooting at terrorist will seem a lot like terrorist them selfs.
    Well in that case a person with a gun would be in a better position to take them out sooner, resulting in less civilian casualties. In regards, to open carry making it easier, it wouldn't. Open carry wouldn't leave you open to walking in with suicide vests and other explosives. Granted they could shoot their way in but it would mean a world of difference to those inside.

Just because your ok with being a coward and slaughtered mercilessly doesnt mean those who are willing to fight should be prevented from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Except before shooting a true terrorist, there will be innocent blood out of fear. Such messages are not helping.
    Yours is worse, assuming that people who go get a gun and the training for it are going to shoot a random person out of fear.

Regardless of what channel he's on, he's right. Certain messages go beyond the filter of media spin and hearken to instincts that have allowed us as a species to continue to this day, and self preservation is one of them.

And to Jimmy Woods: All media stations, publications and websites have CIA members embedded in them. This has been a long standing practice dating back to the 50s. It's basically impossible unless you're dealing with citizen journalists to get a non government spin, and it's worth being skeptical about those too.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Yours is worse, assuming that people who go get a gun and the training for it are going to shoot a random person out of fear.
    No that is simple you give a large number of people arms fuck ups are among them this is no personal insult just a matter of scale.

Paris with lax gun control exactly the same or worse because they could've come better armed and the people would've to let them at home anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    When many people practise shitacular gun safety at home because " mah home invasions!", I wouldn't put it past them to act on stupidity and shoot someone innocent.

yay lets arm more retards with guns fox news is nothing but fear mongering hell i would be more worried about mass shootings over a terrorist attack cause it seems alot of mass shootings have been happening lately

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post

Regardless of what channel he's on, he's right. Certain messages go beyond the filter of media spin and hearken to instincts that have allowed us as a species to continue to this day, and self preservation is one of them.

And to Jimmy Woods: All media stations, publications and websites have CIA members embedded in them. This has been a long standing practice dating back to the 50s. It's basically impossible unless you're dealing with citizen journalists to get a non government spin, and it's worth being skeptical about those too.

Jesus H Christ.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

No that is simple you give a large number of people arms fuck ups are among them this is no personal insult just a matter of scale.

Paris with lax gun control exactly the same or worse because they could've come better armed and the people would've to let them at home anyway.
    It's possible, but so is zero fuck ups. The assumption shouldn't automatically default to them occurring though, neutral stance deal with them as they happen if they happen is the only responsible way. This is no different than passing laws criminalizing certain activities before there's any evidence it's needed, or we can go the whole Minority Report route as another illustration.

Regardless, this is a 2nd Amendment country, in which exercising your rights to defend yourself shall not be infringed so this topic is moot.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

I love how people assume that less strict gun control laws will automatically mean more gun related deaths and at the same time show their lack of understanding of firearms and other modern weapons. All of my firearms are sadly for hunting purposes, but I can assure you that if I did own any of the more self defense oriented ones I wouldn't be spraying bullets into every person I believed to be a terrorist.

Sadly though I agree with the other side on this one. I do not think that less strict gun control laws would have made a significant difference. We have open carry in our state and almost no one uses it because of the stigma associated with carrying a gun for all to see. It draws too much attention and to be honest makes you more of a target than if you were not armed. The truth is that there is very little you can do if you are in a building targeted by terrorists and it is just better to accept that than to live your life thinking you are going to single handedly drive off the terrorists (although it does make a pretty epic daydream).

Deleted
    That would make it easier for them to get weapons in.
    How does easier than extremely easy work ?

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    yay lets arm more retards with guns fox news is nothing but fear mongering hell i would be more worried about mass shootings over a terrorist attack cause it seems alot of mass shootings have been happening lately
    I'm more likely to die by an idiot driver than an idiot with a gun, lets take cars away from idiots

Deleted
    I'm more likely to die by an idiot driver than an idiot with a gun, lets take cars away from idiots
    Cars get people from A ->B fast
    Guns ... yeah they are kinda neat and situational sometimes yeah hunting.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do. Driving a car requires this thing called a "driver's license".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And somehow more die from car accidents than people shooting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    If you choose to drive it on public roads. Otherwise it doesn't require it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Jesus H Christ.
    ?

There are video recordings of hearings on such where lead members of the CIA were forced to admit under oath that they not only had people who submitted written columns to newspapers and magazines but they also had members embedded in newsrooms working on stories which went directly onto live tv, not sure how there can be any bewilderment about that.