Poll: Which of the main series Final Fantasy games is your favorite?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Tactics is the best, saying its not part of the "main numbered series" makes no literal sense, none of the games have dick to do with each other except sometimes the "planet" or "nations" are called Gaia or Ivalice to not include it only shows your ignorance.
    Its ok. Apparently the OP doesnt consider XI and XIV as part of the "main numbered series" despite the fact that they ARE a part of the "main numbered series".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Tactics is the best, saying its not part of the "main numbered series" makes no literal sense, none of the games have dick to do with each other except sometimes the "planet" or "nations" are called Gaia or Ivalice to not include it only shows your ignorance.
    Well let's see... It doesn't have a number next to its name (which that right there is checkmate for the whole "main numbered series" thing), the FF games are JRPGs and FF Tactics is a SRPG, and FF Tactics is considered a spin off. None of these things take away from the quality of the game itself, but it is easier to compare games in the same genre, which FF Tactics is not.

In recent years, I began liking Final Fantasy X more and more. I have a lot of issues with some of the weird characters (Waka, Tidus, the ninja girl) but it's pretty decent plot wise and has great gameplay.

I played it on emulation like a month ago. Holds up well.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFX is my favourite one. Just about everything was amazing...except for Tidus laugh....oh that laugh....

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    In recent years, I began liking Final Fantasy X more and more. I have a lot of issues with some of the weird characters (Waka, Tidus, the ninja girl) but it's pretty decent plot wise and has great gameplay.

I played it on emulation like a month ago. Holds up well.
    Quite a few FF's are a lot better when you revisit them when you are older and wiser so to speak. IX in particular is a lot more sci-fi when you get to disc 3 and discover Zidane comes from Earth and the whole game is the far future, terran humans died out and left artificial people to recreate the world but earth/terra couldnt support life so they decided to engineer wars that kept gaia as a permanent state of medival tech that would fuel the lifa tree with life force to facilitate terraforming gaia into terra while never letting them get close to the power of terran vessels like Invincible. places like the 'ancient temple' on the forgotten continent for example is actually a crashed spacecraft from the original team sent to infiltrate gaia and begin the takeover. which as a kid i never noticed and assumed it was just a straight attempt to make FF like its earlier versions and drop the sci-fi elements of 6,7 and 8 but when you go back and look its not as clear cut a picture book fantasy as it seems.

But looking back at things like Black Mages and the artificial people and the theme of "whats real and whats just fake pretending to be real? or is there a distinction at all?" it kind of makes a lot more sense.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2015-12-01 at 04:33 AM.

So ff13 3 is out and everyone says it's s much better port than the others and the delay was worth it. Constant 60fps and runs like butter.

Currently playing 13 2 and disliking the story. Though I like the mechanics. Time travel story's are dumb when it's the main plot. The plot could of worked 100% without the traveling through time. Small quantities is fine like noel from the future, but going to different times and then making alternate timeliness can fuck off
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like I'm one of the few who appreciated 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I've said my piece on 12 before, but I loved certain aspects of it and hated some. It balances a bit into a "meh".

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I myself loved 12. I really fell in love with the area design and how they felt like part of a real world. its easily in my top five in the series. The dungeons felt like dungeons too. Whatever that's supposed to mean heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So ff13 3 is out and everyone says it's s much better port than the others and the delay was worth it. Constant 60fps and runs like butter.

Currently playing 13 2 and disliking the story. Though I like the mechanics. Time travel story's are dumb when it's the main plot. The plot could of worked 100% without the traveling through time. Small quantities is fine like noel from the future, but going to different times and then making alternate timeliness can fuck off
    Its just a shame they seem to have locked 13-3 to 1080p max judging from the steam forums, fucking SquareEnix...

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Its just a shame they seem to have locked 13-3 to 1080p max judging from the steam forums, fucking SquareEnix...
    Considering console versions were maxed to 720p it's an improvement.

You could of had a larger resolution but might of ended up another shit port like 13-2
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.