Thread: Blood Tap Gone

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blood Tap Gone

Looks like their current plan is to remove Blood Tap. As it stands now, they have a talent in its place which grants a 7th rune and 10% increased rune regen. Runic Empowerment and Runic Corruption remain.

What do you guys think about this change, as preliminary as it may be? Personally I liked having complete control over rune regeneration and while the 7th rune thing technically does remove the RNG from rune regen, it also seems rather boring and doesn't allow you to prep for aoe burst or 6 consecutive death strikes (though that won't be an issue come Legion given that it will cost RP). I understand that for new players it's pretty tough to get the hang of, but for me it made playing a DK a lot more enjoyable. Playing unholy in Cata made me swap mains because of how often I got unlucky with RC procs. I'd like if they kept it around as a choice as it does add a level of required thought to playing a DK that the other two talents simply don't offer.

Deleted
    Imo it's ok but personally prefer new talent with 7th rune. It still is no-rng option vs other too

I liked the control of blood tap, however the replacement is not terrible so i'm good.

Deleted
    The new option gives you 0 control, I made a post and ranted about this on #Acherus yesterday. Just because it's a 0 rng option doesn't make it good, Blood Tap is nice because it allows you to pool Runes and burst harder on AoE & ST scenario's. The difference between BT & RC isn't even big enough to justify it being overpowered (not to mention with all Runes being Death Runes permanently in Legion that the difference will be even smaller), there's a lot of people even in high end guilds that still run it and can perform to the highest level, there is basically 0 justification for removing BT and replacing it with that abomination of a talent.

Also the extra Rune you get from the new talent supposedly doesn't actually regen unless all your other Runes are off CD.

If anything needs to be removed, it's Runic Empowerment. It is literally just a worst version of Blood Tap at this point, there is absolutely no reason why it should exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    Also the extra Rune you get from the new talent supposedly doesn't actually regen unless all your other Runes are off CD.
    If that´s the case....I don´t even...

10+ Year Old Account
    this is one of those things that makes me worry, most DKs i know enjoy weaving blood taps into their rotation, so who at blizzard hit their head and decided to axe it? (same with soul reaper? wtf are they thinking?)

Blood Tap was the most interesting choice, with (potentially, anyway) real gameplay impact, and it's gone. Runic Empowerment was, is, and always will be terrible, and it remains. Runic Corruption is completely passive and boring, and it remains too.

/Shrug.

I like breath, but blizzard just removed two of the things that it needs.

If they're going ahead with this I want empower rune weapon on a two minute cooldown.

Deleted
    It does remove some interesting gameplay choices, but I'd imaging Blizzards main problem with it was that it was pretty much mandatory, and they definitely seem like they want all talent choices to be viable.

This was my fear with this talent, I didn't think they'd actually implement such an obviously (mechanically) broken talent. This is like giving rogues the choice between anticipation and extra max energy/regen except oh wait they actually did that. At least rogues aren't gcd locked +90% of the time.

Why was Blood Tap a problem again?

Why was Blood Tap a problem again?
    Because statistically it only gave 40% of a rune, whereas the other talents gave 45%. The perk (aside from pooling runes) was they became Death Runes. Every Rune is Death now, so why would they keep a talent that gives less regen compared to the other options?

Blood Tap served its purpose, now on to something else.

Sweet Baby Thrall I hope this isnt true

Quote Originally Posted by MagmyGeraith View Post
    so why would they keep a talent that gives less regen compared to the other options?
    Having slightly fewer resources exactly when you want them is often more useful than having slightly more resources whenever the game decides to give you them, especially during bloodlust.

Blood tap also lets you do stuff the other talents don't, like converting all of your runes into death so you can blood boil 8 times in a row.

The talent gave us additional gameplay options, I don't think removing it is a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by MagmyGeraith View Post
    Because statistically it only gave 40% of a rune, whereas the other talents gave 45%. The perk (aside from pooling runes) was they became Death Runes. Every Rune is Death now, so why would they keep a talent that gives less regen compared to the other options?

Blood Tap served its purpose, now on to something else.
    But this consistent with some of the design -- like on use trinket and ppm trinkets.
    Statistically, you get more from ppm trinkets, but on use give this ability to control at reduced efficiency.

If for no other reason then it was an actual active ability you got to decide when to use, I don't like losing blood tap. I mean how much active participation can you take away from the class till we really are just spamming 2 buttons (hur hur we only do that now...no if you only spam two buttons now you probably suck)?

Was it 5% less efficient than the passive abilities you could choose? Maybe so, but the solution isn't to remove the damn active ability. It's to make the active ability more efficient than the passive brain dead abilities. Usually I don't go for that whole "dumbing down the game" clap trap but I don't know what else you call it when they seem to consistently make the player's input into the game less important and put more things as passive damage increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post

If they're going ahead with this I want empower rune weapon on a two minute cooldown.
    Looks like only Frost will be getting ERW.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post

At least for blood this isn't going to be an issue, as blood strike is a single rune costing ability that gives 20 RP, essentially you can keep it up forever with 0 RNG. Whether the damage is still going to be tuned to be worth it, and/or we get killed while it's up remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    At least for blood this isn't going to be an issue, as blood strike is a single rune costing ability that gives 20 RP, essentially you can keep it up forever with 0 RNG. Whether the damage is still going to be tuned to be worth it, and/or we get killed while it's up remains to be seen.
    1.5s GCD says otherwise. Uptimes are going to be equal to or barely better than current Unholy BoS.

40 RP generated every 3 seconds w/ 2 Blood Strikes, but Breath will cost 45 RP every 3 seconds.

Jet memes cant melt dank fuel.

Should have replaced Runic Empowerment instead of Blood Tap. It's essentially the same talent if you macro Blood Tap anyways, but for those of us who want to use it manually we can as its extremely helpful to have back-up runes.

If I'm dissapointed by anything though, it's that that god forsaken rune regen tier still exists, even after the talent revamp. Seriously, what a waste of a talent row, everyone will pick up the 'best' rune regen talent anyways. Would have been better to just give Blood - Blood Tap (Or 7 runes in this case), Frost - RE and Unholy - RC as baseline for their spec, then add an actual row of talents unique to each spec instead of completely wasting its potential.

Deleted
    Agree, the whole row should have been removed and something made baseline, everyone played with BT and i don't see a reason someone would pick the 2 other options over 7th rune and 10% increased rune regen. Again these talents really aren't situational there is just going to be 1 option better than the 2 others like it's been so far, no matter the encounter.
    Last edited by mmocf8a5cc7d0f; 2015-11-24 at 11:12 AM.