Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

Prominent Scientists Declare Climate Claims Ahead of UN Summit ‘Irrational’

MIT Climate Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen: 'Demonization of CO2 is irrational at best and even modest warming is mostly beneficial.' - 'When someone says this is the warmest temperature on record. What are they talking about? It’s just nonsense. This is a very tiny change period.'

Princeton Physicist Dr. Will Happer: 'Policies to slow CO2 emissions are really based on nonsense. We are being led down a false path. To call carbon dioxide a pollutant is really Orwellian. You are calling something a pollutant that we all produce. Where does that lead us eventually?'

Greenpeace Co-Founder Dr. Patrick Moore: 'We are dealing with pure political propaganda that has nothing to do with science.'

AUSTIN, Texas – A team of prominent scientists gathered in Texas today at a climate summit to declare that fears of man-made global warming were “irrational” and “based on nonsense” that “had nothing to do with science.” They warned that “we are being led down a false path” by the upcoming UN climate summit in Paris.

The scientists appeared at a climate summit sponsored by the Texas Public Policy Foundation. The summit in Austin was titled: “At the Crossroads: Energy & Climate Policy Summit.”

Climate Scientist Dr. Richard Lindzen, an emeritus Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at the Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at MIT, derided what he termed climate “catastrophism.”

“Demonization of CO2 is irrational at best and even modest warming is mostly beneficial,” Lindzen said.
    Lindzen cautioned: “The most important thing to keep in mind is – when you ask ‘is it warming, is it cooling’, etc. — is that we are talking about something tiny (temperature changes) and that is the crucial point.”

“We know for absolute certain that carbon dioxide is the stuff of life, the foundation for life on earth,” Moore said.
    “We are dealing with pure political propaganda that has nothing to do with science,” he continued.
    “The deserts are greening from rising CO2,” he added.
    “Co2 has provided the basis of life for at least 3.5 billion years,” Moore said.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11/...-a-false-path/
    Last edited by lockedout; 2015-11-20 at 01:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Carbon dioxide is a pollutant for us humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I wonder how much they got paid to say all that. Damn you, crony capitalism.

I wonder how much Al Gore has to spend to fly around in his air polluting jet while he preaches his hypocrisy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Carbon dioxide is a pollutant for us humans.
    We would die without it. Because plants need it. :P

well the Politicians love you since you do not read any data and spite out what ever your told to believe cause OMG SAVE DAH PLANET!

*plants need CO2 btw to LIVE TO PRODUCE OXYGEN FOR US!*

also people scream global warming as i hear about how 4-7 inches of snow soon in November under a winter storm advisory....

every year seems colder and more mild summers yet all i hear is OMG THE RAISING HEAT SAVE DAH FUCKING PLANET OR YOUR A DENIER!

MY FAVORITE, a shp sent out to antartica to prove global warming was real got stuck in ice, then the icebreaker saving them got stuck in ice, and the second icebreaker got stuck in ice, and then finally they send the worlds largest icebreaker to save all of them........

MENA WHILE MOST OF THE DATA THEY USED TO PROVE THEIR POINT IS EDITED *because it was not what it was suppose to be* and in science YOU NEVER CHANGE YOUR DATA, you retake it.....

also most models ignore the fact that we have a blazing ball of plasma in the center of our system that acts as earths heater......
    *they assume it is a constant which it is not*

CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL THOUGH, AS EARTHS CLIMATE HAS BEEN CHANGING FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS without humans involved.......

man made global warming is that, MAN MADE UP! *note this does not mean i am against renewable energy......
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2015-11-20 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    MY FAVORITE, a shp sent out to antartica to prove global warming was real got stuck in ice, then the icebreaker saving them got stuck in ice, and the second icebreaker got stuck in ice, and then finally they send the worlds largest icebreaker to save all of them........
    Well that sure sounds like it totally happened...

man made global warming is that, MAN MADE UP! *note this does not mean i am against renewable energy......
    So what's you're problem then, if you're not this guy?

Everyone knows that, like they also know that too much is too much. Guess what else plants need, an ozon layer and proper climate temperatures.

You gonna throw a snowball at me to proove a point? Global warming doesn't mean that it's going to get warmer everywhere. You started well with the basics of understanding the green house processes with your "plants need carbondioxide", and then you blew it with that. The republican party should be sued and fined into banktruptcy for all the damages they''ll cause by misinforming the general public.
    the last 3 years have been the coldest/snowiest in my area *2 years ago we broke all the records in my area* and i live in indiana.

THE CLIMATE IS ALWAYS CHANGING, the science is bad, the models are bad, anyone who took a chemistry class in college should be able to understand how bad the models are........

man made global warming is not real, it is a scam to gather power and money by using FEAR TACTICS BECAUSE THEY WORK on people like you with small minds.....\

CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL, but THE CLIMATE IS ALWAYS FUCKING CHANGING! *even if there was no life on earth*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Well that sure sounds like it totally happened...

So what's you're problem then, if you're not this guy?

YOU IGNORED the fact that i said i have no problem with green energy...................... what i am against is forcing it down our throats faster then any normal free market would do, onc eit;s cheaper then oil you will see it swap really quick on it's own....

Man made Global warming is not about making the world better, it's about the Ruling class Elite people filling their pockets with more money and power.....

also all these people telling me i need to cut my carbon footprint as they fly their private jets.........

they do not even live what they preach about..... i recycle and more then likely they do not *or they pay some one to do it for them*

BUT YOU CAN DO ALL OF THOSE THINGS IN THAT IMAGE under a program for that, you do not need fear mongering tactics to do it...... but you do need fear mongering tactics to get people to PAY MORE IN TAXES when they already giving the government more then half of their money. oh and big business loves it cause well you know what big business will do to save/make a dime....(lobbying politicians for exclusive rights/big contracts only to them/avoiding taxes like GE/etc....)
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2015-11-20 at 02:01 PM.

Man made Global warming is not about making the world better, it's about the Ruling class Elite people filling their pockets with more money and power.....
    Yeah, all those solar energy and electric car subsidies? All going to Al Gore's personal bank account.

the last 3 years have been the coldest/snowiest in my area *2 years ago we broke all the records in my area* and i live in indiana.

THE CLIMATE IS ALWAYS CHANGING, the science is bad, the models are bad, anyone who took a chemistry class in college should be able to understand how bad the models are........

man made global warming is not real, it is a scam to gather power and money by using FEAR TACTICS BECAUSE THEY WORK on people like you with small minds.....\

CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL, but THE CLIMATE IS ALWAYS FUCKING CHANGING! *even if there was no life on earth*

- - - Updated - - -

YOU IGNORED the fact that i said i have no problem with green energy...................... what i am against is forcing it down our throats faster then any normal free market would do, onc eit;s cheaper then oil you will see it swap really quick on it's own....

also all these people telling me i need to cut my carbon footprint as they fly their private jets.........

they do not even live what they preach about..... i recycle and more then likely they do not *or they pay some one to do it for them*

BUT YOU CAN DO ALL OF THOSE THINGS IN THAT IMAGE under a program for that, you do not need fear mongering tactics to do it...... but you do need fear mongering tactics to get people to PAY MORE IN TAXES when they already giving the government more then half of their money. oh and big business loves it cause well you know what big business will do to save a dime....

The Limousine Liberal People!

People living in a mansion that’s got twenty rooms that nobody’s in - they’re air-conditioned.

Got a pool that nobody goes in – it’s heated.

Flying across the country in a twenty person jet all by themselves ‘cause they don’t want to be late for a speech - about energy conservation.”
    -Richard Jeni

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Yeah, all those solar energy and electric car subsidies? All going to Al Gore's personal bank account.
    i would not be surprised with how corrupt our politicians are with big business........ and Al Gore has made a lot of money off man made global warming.....it is a lie he spreading cause there is money to made in fear tactics.....

the whole system is fucked up so only the top control everything in the end.... and they want YOUR MONEY so they can keep their money.

DO you really think a carbon tax will save the planet? no but it will give politicians more money to waste and spend on corporations......

when green energy is cheaper then oil.... it will shift the market ON IT"S OWN!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The Limousine Liberal People!

People living in a mansion that’s got twenty rooms that nobody’s in - they’re air-conditioned.

Got a pool that nobody goes in – it’s heated.

Flying across the country in a twenty person jet all by themselves ‘cause they don’t want to be late for a speech - about energy conservation.”
    -Richard Jeni
    least someone gets what i am trying to say......

also nice sig.......

Yeah. There is no debate. The debate is over. If anybody dissents its because they were paid off. This is how science works.

When discussing scientific theories scientists fall on a bell curve. There's always a few to the left or right who strongly agree or disagree with the bulk of scientists somewhere in the middle. It's how science works.

The bell curve in the image above would be skewed to the left though as the majority of scientists believe that man made global warming is a thing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I wonder how much Al Gore has to spend to fly around in his air polluting jet while he preaches his hypocrisy?
    If his traveling around raised awareness enough to offset how much he used, would it truly be hypocrisy?

Or are you suggesting those who want to change things not actually raise awareness?

- - - Updated - - -

I do love how Al Gore becomes the focal point of these threads though. It's like they have no good argument against climate change so they just attack a politician instead because they can't find any fault with the science.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    There is more to the planet than just Indiana.

Deleted
    Dr. Lindzen accepts AGW as reality, he just doesn't think that earth warming by a few degrees will have a major effect. He's also noted as having quite the contrarian streak.

Oh is it time again for the yearly global warming denier thread?

You know that having snow in November is not a sign that there's no global warming, right? That's why it's called global warming, not local warming for your region only.

Anyone with half a brain already realized these things.

Texas Public Policy Foundation...hmm...Koch Brothers funded website I believe.

lets see;
    "Many of the alarmists on global warming, they’ve got a problem because the science doesn’t back them up. In particular, satellite data demonstrate for the last 17 years, there’s been zero warming."
    ~Ted Cruz

------------------------------------

Human activity is not "causing these dramatic changes to our climate."
    ~Marco Runio

--------------------------------------

Scientists are "questioning the original idea that man-made global warming is what is causing the climate to change. … (It is) more and more being put into question."
    ~Rick Perry

Consensus is solid
    -----------------------------------

For the most part, anyone believing that billions aren't harming the world, with all the collected garbage and crap, isn't using their common sense. We still have a big plastic patch growing in the pacific...getting bigger every year.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2015-11-20 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vago View Post
    Anyone with half a brain already realized these things.
    Not all man made climate change deniers only have half a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Oh is it time again for the yearly global warming denier thread?

You know that having snow in November is not a sign that there's no global warming, right? That's why it's called global warming, not local warming for your region only.
    Don't expect these people to think anything other than their small localized bubble. Also they will totally ignore stuff like:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-year-in-2015/

What's the worst that'll happen if we do start to work towards greener energies and a safer environement? Pollution is still deadly, it still destroys ecosystems, food reserves and habitats. Even if we totally discounted the warming of our planet from the equation, there are still plenty of reasons to go ahead with green energy initatives...

... However. As long as they're not just some political attempt to look green and savvy. Solar Panels in the U.K., are you fucking kidding? Get a grip, get real about Global Warming and accept that the worst we'll do is make cheaper, cleaner energies, improve the environment for millions of animal species as well as our own.