Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Political satire showing how he is being hypocritical in saying we shouldn't allow Syrian Refugees into the country when he himself has adopted kids from Ethiopia.
    There is really no hypocracy involved as the circumstances are vastly different.

Isn't the main religion in Ethiopia Coptic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Isn't the main religion in Ethiopia Coptic?
    The Rezza Aslan guy said something about ethiopia being christian yeah so the connection is brown people which indeed would make it racist or imply the guy is racist somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He isn't against the refugees because of race, thus the implication he is racist in turn makes it racist
    Ok, disregarding my first post. Ethiopia does have quite a large Sunni Muslim population.

What I assumed the point of the cartoon was works less well now, but is still functional. They are poking fun at him adopting children from a region of the world with a lot of Muslims (sort of like refugees) while not allowing refugees from a Muslim area because they might be secret terrorists. Thus, his kids might also be secret terrorists by that logic.

It's pointing out how stupid and hypocritical he is, not making a statement on race.
    Last edited by buck008; 2015-11-20 at 05:26 PM.

Deleted
    All I see, is a cartoonist suffering from writer's block. It's too lame to be offending. Honestly, the guy who commited this piece of insufficient garbage had a deadline incoming, was poking his brain with a pencil hunting for boogers and succumbed to his rising desperations while watching the clock ticking. "Uhm uhm uhm muslims, muslims, joke about racism uhm...oh this guys kid is muslim."

It's bad bad bad bad, because it's lame lame lame lame. If he were a proper artist he would have bought himself some nice LSD, got high and fly and we would not have do deal with such a half-assed..."idea".

Maybe there is a future for him in his dads accountant union.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Je suis Lexington Herald-Leader, anyone? :P

Honestly, this is EXACTLY the thing political cartoonists should be doing. Bevin has, as the article noted, used the Paris attacks to score cheap political points by talking about refusing refugees from a war-torn area. Despite having adopted children from another war-torn area. Heck, Ethiopia is ALSO in a mess because of militant religious sects!

Dat irony.
    See, if you understand the point the cartoonist is making, it's not racist at all. It's simply highlighting hypocrisy.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Ok, disregarding my first post. Ethiopia does have quite a large Sunni Muslim population.

What I assumed the point of the cartoon was works less well now, but is still functional. They are poking fun at him adopting children from a region of the world with a lot of Muslims (sort of like refugees) while not allowing refugees from a Muslim area because they might be secret terrorists. Thus, his kids might also be secret terrorists by that logic.

It's pointing out how stupid and hypocritical he is, not making a statement on race.
    How is it hypocritical to want to deny refugees because they are scared isis members might pose as said refugees? That doesn't make any sense. You don't have to agree with it to understand it

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it hypocritical to want to deny refugees because they are scared isis members might pose as said refugees? That doesn't make any sense. You don't have to agree with it to understand it
    Because the only websites and news sources that spit out that statement are Right-Wing trash sites who have spent years attacking the Muslim people. In the other thread about the refugees the only proof anyone could provide was from Breitbart, WND, CBN, and The Blaze.

It's extremely hypocritical if you're adopting children from a majorly Muslim country yet turning away others because there's a chance they might be terrorists.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Why do you think there might be terrorists hiding among them? It is because they are Muslim? That they come from an Islamic country or region? Or because something has happened to cause one to think there are terrorists among them?

That last option has never happened, so it must be one of the first. In the case of this particular gentleman, he adopted children from a region of the world that has quite a large Islamic population. So maybe they are hiding secret terrorists in orphanages now too. See, it's satire because it plays an irrational fear out to a ridiculous degree to point out how silly it really is.

Deleted
    [
    I find it racist and tasteless myself, people's children should never be used for political purposes.
    Not racist - There is not fucking way to make this racist without special logixz.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Because the only websites and news sources that spit out that statement are Right-Wing trash sites who have spent years attacking the Muslim people. In the other thread about the refugees the only proof anyone could provide was from Breitbart, WND, CBN, and The Blaze.

It's extremely hypocritical if you're adopting children from a majorly Muslim country yet turning away others because there's a chance they might be terrorists.
    Back up here. This is nothing to do with Muslims, this is something to do with an extremist militant group pretending to be refugees to enter the country, this isn't if ISIS members are Muslim, Christian, or worship the flying spaghetti monster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Not racist - There is not fucking way to make this racist without special logixz.
    IT is racist, the artist is saying he is scared of his children because of their race, how is that not racist?

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you think there might be terrorists hiding among them? It is because they are Muslim? That they come from an Islamic country or region? Or because something has happened to cause one to think there are terrorists among them?

That last option has never happened, so it must be one of the first. In the case of this particular gentleman, he adopted children from a region of the world that has quite a large Islamic population. So maybe they are hiding secret terrorists in orphanages now too. See, it's satire because it plays an irrational fear out to a ridiculous degree to point out how silly it really is.
    It doesn't make sense that an ISIS member could pretend to be a refugee to get entrance into the country? Maybe you don't think its likely and thats a fair argument but to say it doesn't make sense it could happen is asinine

Deleted
    IT is racist, the artist is saying he is scared of his children because of their race, how is that not racist?
    Okay, is it racist towards him?, Is it racist towards the kids? or is it racist because black people were involved?

It doesn't make sense that an ISIS member could pretend to be a refugee to get entrance into the country? Maybe you don't think its likely and thats a fair argument but to say it doesn't make sense it could happen is asinine
    I said nothing about likelihood. I said that there's no evidence it's ever happened. If people are so afraid of it, there must be another reason.

Okay, is it racist towards him?, Is it racist towards the kids? or is it racist because black people were involved?
    It's racist against him and his kids because of said reasons, not sure how else I can say it in plain English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back up here. This is nothing to do with Muslims, this is something to do with an extremist militant group pretending to be refugees to enter the country, this isn't if ISIS members are Muslim, Christian, or worship the flying spaghetti monster.
    The hell are you prattling on about? You questioned why it was hypocritical and I responded and this is the gibberish you come up with?

Adopting kids from a country that has Islam as a majority of its religion while turning your backs on others of the Islam faith out of fear of them being terrorists is the very embodiment of hypocrisy.

If it has nothing do with Muslims you better stop arguing about ISIS trying to infiltrate the US though Syrian refugees. Or were you one of those nutters who thought they were entering the country through Mexico too?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I said nothing about likelihood. I said that there's no evidence it's ever happened. If people are so afraid of it, there must be another reason.
    What does past evidence have according to our current situation. By the way I am not saying YAY or NAY to refugees I am just stating the side why people are against refugees, you just chose not to believe it.

Apparently his kids are from Ethiopia.

Ethiopia is not a muslim nation.

If it isn't religion than for what reason would he be afraid of his kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    The hell are you prattling on about? You questioned why it was hypocritical and I responded and this is the gibberish you come up with?

Adopting kids from a country that has Islam as a majority of its religion while turning your backs on others of the Islam faith out of fear of them being terrorists is the very embodiment of hypocrisy.

If it has nothing do with Muslims you better stop arguing about ISIS trying to infiltrate the US though Syrian refugees. Or were you one of those nutters who thought they were entering the country through Mexico too?
    So all t he news sites reporting why Republicans are opposing it because of this reasons is not the reasons they don't want refugees? Maybe you should spend more time educating yourself on the subject instead of spouting "gibberish"

Deleted
    It's racist against him and his kids because of said reasons, not sure how else I can say it in plain English.
    So, its a racist stereotype white people are racist towards black people? because that's the only way its racist towards him.
    How is it racist towards his kids? is it racist to mention their real skin colour or?

10+ Year Old Account
    So all t he news sites reporting why Republicans are opposing it because of this reasons is not the reasons they don't want refugees? Maybe you should spend more time educating yourself on the subject instead of spouting "gibberish"
    Yes and I covered this in my previous post. The only proof that people seem to drum up when asked why ISIS would be hiding with the Syrian refugees comes from Conservative news/websites. Just because Pat Robertson says it doesn't make it true.