LastLast
    Deleted

The Windwalker and Elemental Artifact quests. SPOILERS FOR LEGION

So, here's what Elemental Shaman get:

Master of Storms
    • Proving Your Worth
    • Speak with the White Tiger.
    • Defeat the Giantslayer
    • Challenge and triumph over Sigurd the Giantslayer.
    • Heroes of the Storm
    • Earn a team victory with Rehgar.
    • Weapons of the Storm
    • Equip and master the Weapons of the Storm.
    • Demonic Interruption
    • Defeat Lord Kra'vos

This is what WE Windwalker monks get.

The Thundering Heavens

Into the Skies
    • Follow Li Li and protect her from the dangers of Skywall.
    • LI LI
    • LI LI

Eff this noise.

I think what you are looking for is "this is what was datamined so far"...

Deleted
    ... What do you mean exactly ?

It seem Monk have an awesome quest, but we don't know a lot for now.

So you mean the beta isn't even out, and that the often unreliable data mining has potentially picked up an incomplete, or not yet finished quest line? Oh dear... Whatever will we do now?!

Deleted
    The point is Shaman get to participate in a tournament in Pandaria to earn the favour of the White Tiger, while we go prance about in an Elemental Plane and helping with the most annoying character to come out of MoP.

It just feels like they're sacrifacing a bit of the Windwalker, martial arts master fantasy in favour of the Shaman. I'd be fine with the Fists of Ra-den going to Elementals on their own if we got something that represents more then the "Wind" part of our spec name.
    Last edited by mmocd5e083015a; 2015-11-20 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dreamfiller View Post
    The point is Shaman get to participate in a tournament in Pandaria to earn the favour of the White Tiger, while we go prance about in an Elemental Plane and helping with the most annoying character to come out of MoP.
    It's a good thing that Pandaria is not monk only. I guess warrior would maybe have been a better fit, but then again spiritual gods being the source of artifacts for spirit walker is good.

An elemental plane is way cooler than a tournament, and Li Li is not annoying but a character I like a lot. She sure beat all the new WoD characters, as well as half the faction leader, as far as cool characters go.

Time for monks to move from pandas and chi. There are fist weapons to be had. that are not boring. Monks are powerful fighters which utilise shaman energies to hit hard. (chi is used by shamans( not in game player but in lore))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Time for monks to move from pandas and chi. There are fist weapons to be had. that are not boring. Monks are powerful fighters which utilise shaman energies to hit hard. (chi is used by shamans( not in game player but in lore))
    Chi is only loosely related to shamanism in the comparison that Shamans channel the spirits of the elements around them, while Monks channel the power of their OWN spirits, chi.

I honestly don't care about the lore, because those quests will be unique and will add flavor to every spec in the game, which is awesome.

The thing I'm most concerned with though is the fact that we'll be using fist weapons for an entire expansion.

I know it fits the WW fantasy, and it makes sense for a kung-fu spec, but I dread not being able to match my weapons and armor like normal. I honestly have some cool fist weapons though, but with current Transmog limitations that's all they'll ever be.....I'm sure it'll be another two years after Legion release before the next expansion, which means two years of no swords, axes, staves, or polearms on my monk's back, and no mix and matching fist weapons and 1h-ers to have cool looks.

I really wish they'd fix that aspect of transmog.....there used to be a limitation where warriors couldn't use polearms with Titan's Grip, and they fixed that. I want the ability to tmog fist weapons into swords!

Huh. Funny enough, the Windwalker quest so far is why I'm so excited. Li Li is one of my favorite characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashyy View Post
    I honestly don't care about the lore, because those quests will be unique and will add flavor to every spec in the game, which is awesome.

The thing I'm most concerned with though is the fact that we'll be using fist weapons for an entire expansion.

I know it fits the WW fantasy, and it makes sense for a kung-fu spec, but I dread not being able to match my weapons and armor like normal. I honestly have some cool fist weapons though, but with current Transmog limitations that's all they'll ever be.....I'm sure it'll be another two years after Legion release before the next expansion, which means two years of no swords, axes, staves, or polearms on my monk's back, and no mix and matching fist weapons and 1h-ers to have cool looks.

I really wish they'd fix that aspect of transmog.....there used to be a limitation where warriors couldn't use polearms with Titan's Grip, and they fixed that. I want the ability to tmog fist weapons into swords!
    Didn't one of the tweets from a week or so ago say that they were working fist weapons being able to be seen when not in use? Would be cool if they just sheathed at the hips (on the back would be silly for these and not look good at all) like other weapons. That's why I love my monk in FFXIV, my fist weapons get sheathed to the hips when not in use.

http://i.imgur.com/2qk52kg.png (4 monks in this picture :P )
    http://i.imgur.com/jbjKzoU.png (bigger sword style fist weapons here)

Blizzard makes great looking fist weapons so I hope they're able to do that!

Also, don't mind Li Li (wasted $5 on her in Heroes to so meh) and I play an elemental shaman offspec so I'm good. :P
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Yeah, they said the fist weapon sheathing would be dealt with. I do wish they'd open the transmog on fist weapons/daggers though. I believe the excuse they previously gave was they have different animations (compared to swords/maces/axes having the same one I guess? I never really pay attention). It seems like they should just match the animation to the transmog (if present) instead of the weapon type. I mean that's kind of what they did with bows/guns - those are vastly different animations. I'm sure if it were incredibly easy to do though they would've done something like that when they lifted the other restrictions. Maybe someday.

Monk needed a little something not tied to Pandaria

Other classes going to Pandaria is just fine. Hell, the spirits of pandaria are neat.

Also, shut the hell up about Lili, Lili is great if you knew anything about the character. Plus she's an adult now.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm... a big fan of this actually. It's a shame she's not really portrayed well in the game-- she's supposed to be sharp as all hell and with a good spirit about her. She probably uncovers the whole legend behind the Windwalker weapons single-handedly.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

7+ Year Old Account
    You told me nothing, I expected something here but you got upset about the fact that we have to hangout with Lili? Seriously...I'm not the biggest fan of panda's either but there is nothing wrong with Lili as long as they make her interesting, strong and smart I have no problem with it at all...you didn't even give the full details of our questline. So I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say here
    There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish
    I will do what I must to keep the balance!

Horde:Driefal-Cravius-Ristir-RonedSenthes

Deleted
    LiLi is hilariously enough a Mistweaver, and the Mistweavers get to heal taran zhu - a windwalker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    LiLi is hilariously enough a Mistweaver, and the Mistweavers get to heal taran zhu - a windwalker.
    Is she?
    /10character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therris View Post
    Is she?
    /10character
    Look at her in HotS

Here's the full Windwalker artifact wep, OP just put Li Li cause they are overly upset about it. Going into the elemental plane of air, riding a storm dragon and fighting a tyrant sounds cool to me.

The Thundering Heavens

Into the Skies - Follow Li Li and protect her from the dangers of Skywall.
    Running In The Clouds - Li Li has ran off ahead! Catch up with her.
    A Shocking Development - Your foes are using the Stormtouched Orbs to empower themselves. Destroy the orbs and break through the Raging Winds.
    Against The Storm - Typhinius has summoned his servants, survive the assault!
    Dragon Wrangling - You've weakened the Storm Dragon. Leap upon the beast and use it to reach Typhinius.
    The Tyrant of Skywall - Defeat Typhinius
    Fists of the Heavens - The Fists of the Heavens are yours, take them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Look at her in HotS
    Doesn't even weave mists though..she just chugs brew at people.

In the short stories she uses the Sturdy Ox stance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Here's the full Windwalker artifact wep, OP just put Li Li cause they are overly upset about it. Going into the elemental plane of air, riding a storm dragon and fighting a tyrant sounds cool to me.
    Sounds pretty cool to me too, thanks for listing the full list. Who is Typhinius?