Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jivhan View Post
    That's Interesting.

Assuming a 10% second when numbers get implemented, that would mean 1min off of Meta, making it 5 mins (which lines up with some other classes big CDs (e.g. DK Runic Thing))

The thing that worries me the most is that the artifact interacts (with Havoc, for now) ONLY with the spells we already know.
    Does that means that Demon Hunters will have like, 8 spells, or something?
    I was pretty sure that devs said that they opted out the third spec so that they can work better on the other two, expanding on their fantasy.
    ...that to me sounds like 'so we can give more things to the remaining two specs'.
    Beside the 'this is alpha bla bla' thing, which I'm taking in account, I really hope this class (which I MADLY want to main) doesn't and up too simple.
    I mean, simple is fine, TOO simple is not (the meter of semplicity is personal tho. And that's a BIG problem haha!) - I'm worried.
    I had the same feeling, but then I looked at the artifact talent tree. We get a couple of use effects through that system, plus talents as we know it now are pretty much gone, and instead we get a use effect on almost every tier.

What I'm currently worried about is Demon's Bite being a dumb method of generation fury, it seems super spammy. I remember playing Prot War back in the days and my fingers would hurt from spamming Devasate so much. It's okay to have a spammy system as long as it isn't the exact same button over and over. Casters get the luxory of being able to wait with hitting the key after each cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    I had the same feeling, but then I looked at the artifact talent tree. We get a couple of use effects through that system, plus talents as we know it now are pretty much gone, and instead we get a use effect on almost every tier.

What I'm currently worried about is Demon's Bite being a dumb method of generation fury, it seems super spammy. I remember playing Prot War back in the days and my fingers would hurt from spamming Devasate so much. It's okay to have a spammy system as long as it isn't the exact same button over and over. Casters get the luxory of being able to wait with hitting the key after each cast.
    Regarding Demon's Bite, this is a big thing for me that may make or break me playing the class. Spammy melee classes are generally not something i like, and the Demon Blades talent(Which replaces Demon's Bite with a chance to generate fury and do shadow damage on auto attacks), will hopefully offer a different sort of playstyle of using more spenders, or other ways to generate Fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Regarding Demon's Bite, this is a big thing for me that may make or break me playing the class. Spammy melee classes are generally not something i like, and the Demon Blades talent(Which replaces Demon's Bite with a chance to generate fury and do shadow damage on auto attacks), will hopefully offer a different sort of playstyle of using more spenders, or other ways to generate Fury.
    From what I've seen and read Demon Hunters are gonna be played like mix between a Rogue and Warrior. Imagine Rage as your ressource but Sinister Strike as your builder and then alternating between your heavy hitting or burstly fury generating spells. Which, im afraid for you guys, is a pretty spam heavy playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by Aoda View Post
    From what I've seen and read Demon Hunters are gonna be played like mix between a Rogue and Warrior. Imagine Rage as your ressource but Sinister Strike as your builder and then alternating between your heavy hitting or burstly fury generating spells. Which, im afraid for you guys, is a pretty spam heavy playstyle
    But that talent changes that completely. No more Demon's Bite obviously takes away the spam. Whether Fury generation will be good enough with that passive remains to be seen, but it will take the spam away at least. Should be downtime, which i don't mind- Though there does need to be something interesting to fill the time, or it may not be too engaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    the thing about that is if it's not tuned perfectly the active generation will be far superior and will be one of those empty talents that nobody (good) ever uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    the thing about that is if it's not tuned perfectly the active generation will be far superior and will be one of those empty talents that nobody (good) ever uses.
    I think its value will greatly increase with the quality of gear. The more haste will mean the more autoattacks, which translates into more fury. The more crit, the more often chaos strike does not require fury.
    It all depends on how many spenders we have in our optimal setup. At the moment i only see chaos strike and eye beam as mandatory, the latter having a 45 secs cd...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Demon View Post
    I think its value will greatly increase with the quality of gear. The more haste will mean the more autoattacks, which translates into more fury. The more crit, the more often chaos strike does not require fury.
    It all depends on how many spenders we have in our optimal setup. At the moment i only see chaos strike and eye beam as mandatory, the latter having a 45 secs cd...
    I'm hoping the 5 and a half rows of missing talents are going to give us some nice things to press

I'm hoping for another ability in our main roation for eg make chaos strike single target and idk chaos slash a cleave (just made that one up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonixCD View Post
    I'm hoping for another ability in our main roation for eg make chaos strike single target and idk chaos slash a cleave (just made that one up)
    I think you'll have at least 5 short cooldown abilities (sub 30s) to be pressing, on top of the no cooldown builder/spender buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it already down to 6 minutes in alpha? And we've seen artifact stuff that will reduce the cd, and there will probably be talents to reduce it further...

So I'm not worried.