Quote Originally Posted by rubenmsalles View Post
    The problem is, with many other abilities, that we are balanced around too much larger cd's (more than 2 mintutes) than can be fast countered. along with divine shield (the only defensive spell that have more than 3 minutes cd), we will never be able to do real damage or be competitive due to those "op spells" (even when other classes have it in lower cds, with charges or undispelleable, or all togheter wich is unfair). That hurt the spec more than drunk ghostcrawler with their bat trying to hit a ret pinata.
    That's the result of the so called "dev vision".

It reminds me, Divine Intervention is in the same row with our mobility. Seems like the dev vision us to be "stand your ground" type or "Flee" (not "charge", cuz that warrior's and there is "Righteous Retreat" minor glyph lol)

Kings make for perfect dog chow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Blizzard has a lot of time to learn this expansion. Part of me cynically hopes the outcry when it launches will shock them to their senses.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well Blizzard has a lot of time to learn this expansion. Part of me cynically hopes the outcry when it launches will shock them to their senses.
    Yep, though greatest thing they could do now is rename Holy Wrath to: Ulthane's Wall of Text.

Best feedback ive seen on the beta forums xD hahahahah id totally rock that. Screw how bad it is, this is mine, i spew out letters of doom!

Didnt u see Blizzard's blue post on 1st of April, saying something like: You already have an ashbringer, what else can you want?
    I think they were not actually joking =(

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Didnt u see Blizzard's blue post on 1st of April, saying something like: You already have an ashbringer, what else can you want?
    I think they were not actually joking =(
    To be fair, the best thing we got out of this expansion was the Ashbringer ability Wake of Ashes and that's about the whole of it. I was actually annoyed by the video posted on MMO by the guy who said "WoD Ret was horrible." I quite enjoyed proc city with medium range attacks galore. I'm not really against "wack-a-mole" rotations where the key to winning is understanding which ability gets priority in what situation, because it's not always just "TV at 1, DS at 2+" type of logic.

I'm not really hating Ret on Beta but it really feels sometimes like I'm lacking some tools I used to have in the most major way (as I level I'm really starting to notice the lack of instant Flash of Light). You start getting used to using Justicar's Vengeance more because it does heal for a TON compared to Flash, but it mucks up the whole rotation because of the Holy Power cost.

Quote Originally Posted by ruiizu View Post
    To be fair, the best thing we got out of this expansion was the Ashbringer ability Wake of Ashes and that's about the whole of it. I was actually annoyed by the video posted on MMO by the guy who said "WoD Ret was horrible." I quite enjoyed proc city with medium range attacks galore. I'm not really against "wack-a-mole" rotations where the key to winning is understanding which ability gets priority in what situation, because it's not always just "TV at 1, DS at 2+" type of logic.

I'm not really hating Ret on Beta but it really feels sometimes like I'm lacking some tools I used to have in the most major way (as I level I'm really starting to notice the lack of instant Flash of Light). You start getting used to using Justicar's Vengeance more because it does heal for a TON compared to Flash, but it mucks up the whole rotation because of the Holy Power cost.
    It's funny because i posted a big wall o text on the beta forum and someone cherry picked my mention of that lol

Yes I do agree with ya there, my thing is and I find this very interesting that someone who clearly doesnt play much ret at all picks this up, barely does things with it and then even he notices the issues regarding Greater Blessings and Divine Steed.

I didnt even bother watching those videos because they are done by a fat guy from FatBoss who never done any type of pvp in RLF or WoW, hence to me personally w/e he says holds 0 value lol, all his videos is dpsing a dummy, now this is a very challenging task lol takes a high lvl of skills =).

The Wake of ashes is nice i do agree, only thing i like from Ashbringer (i am not even sold on skins either, only the skelly skin looks nice)

7+ Year Old Account
    I didnt even bother watching those videos because they are done by a fat guy from FatBoss who never done any type of pvp in RLF or WoW, hence to me personally w/e he says holds 0 value lol, all his videos is dpsing a dummy, now this is a very challenging task lol takes a high lvl of skills =).
    Doesn't make him wrong though.

Deleted
    I have a suggestion regarding Holy Wrath! What about adding a self heal to the concept? For the same amount of damage you deal, you will be healed by using HW!? Since we are a support class, our abilities should offer such utilities as self healing!

We all know that Bliizard won't drop the talent HW, so our only option is to look for ways to improve it! Since we have another talent that allows us to heal depending on the damage, it would make sense to add more abilities that act the same way mechanically so it becomes a part of the new spec identity. "Heal according to the damage you deal"
    Last edited by mmocf4c913ee15; 2016-06-30 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted

I totally agree with the first paragraph. I love WoD Ret. If i ever had any problem with it, it was Seraphim. But really, it was just a choice. It wasnt like the other talents weren't viable and seraphim lost value if you weren't in a high dps guild.

As for the video. You are talking about the final boss guy? I watched the video yesterday. He isn't hating or anything. He is actually quite pragmatic. It's just that everyone can see how much worse Legion Ret is.

I mean we have been fighting this fight with Blizzard for months now. So we are now used to them not giving a crap and giving us all the useless talents. If one looks at other specs, its clear as day. I'm pretty sure no other spec has a tree that appauling. But for us the tree isn't even the worst, but the design surrounding the judgement window wich is completely nonsensical when applied to the HP system.

So, if someone who hasnt been fully informed and is a raider goes and see this... yeah they will be shocked by how bad it is. We put up with a lot you know. I am thinking it's part of beeing a Paladin to tolerate beeing s**t on. But we really need to stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Doesn't make him wrong though.
    No it does not =) he can be write about stuff he talks, but it is not related to stuff i am interested in aka = pvp . I mean i heard on his earlier posts that he was so exited about Ret changes that he wanted to play Ret as his 2nd main in Legion =).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I totally agree with the first paragraph. I love WoD Ret. If i ever had any problem with it, it was Seraphim. But really, it was just a choice. It wasnt like the other talents weren't viable and seraphim lost value if you weren't in a high dps guild.

I also like the game play WOD Ret offers, very enjoyable to me personally, i just hate the numbers it provides: numbers of our dmg, numbers of SS abs/Healing are all too small

Deleted
    That's just wishful thinking , considering they are forcing equality in your mouths like a bbc and continue to ignore the feedback and suggestions they are receiving from the community. There are so many cool ideas and suggestions that , would make the spec fun to play , but I'm getting ahead of myself, we are talking about retribution afterall.

the feeling is with me, too
    and the mega-dev-thatwillbalancePVP-finally just talk to say: equality will be there, take it or not, because there are players that will keep it and players that will not (the same excuse to justify all their unwanted changes). with that argument, just 1 casual/low lvl paladin that takes holy wrath can count in numbers to keep it in our talent tree. sucks

i already read a ton of good ideas here and official forums about how to fix us or make us more viable.
    time will say who is right anyway, when half of the rets reroll to rogue or war (if we need to colossus smash now, why not to do it in their right and original way?)
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enril View Post
    That's just wishful thinking , considering they are forcing equality in your mouths like a bbc and continue to ignore the feedback and suggestions they are receiving from the community. There are so many cool ideas and suggestions that , would make the spec fun to play , but I'm getting ahead of myself, we are talking about retribution afterall.
    Well Launch always has a larger *sample size* of people to look at how things are going. Hence my thoughts above.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seregolas View Post
    I have a suggestion regarding Holy Wrath! What about adding a self heal to the concept? For the same amount of damage you deal, you will be healed by using HW!? Since we are a support class, our abilities should offer such utilities as self healing!

We all know that Bliizard won't drop the talent HW, so our only option is to look for ways to improve it! Since we have another talent that allows us to heal depending on the damage, it would make sense to add more abilities that act the same way mechanically so it becomes a part of the new spec identity. "Heal according to the damage you deal"
    Adding a heal wont make it better, it will just be broken in pvp, and most likely Nerfed.

The spell is flawed in design, no amount of tweaking will fix it

Deleted
    No it does not =) he can be write about stuff he talks, but it is not related to stuff i am interested in aka = pvp . I mean i heard on his earlier posts that he was so exited about Ret changes that he wanted to play Ret as his 2nd main in Legion =).

- - - Updated - - -

I also like the game play WOD Ret offers, very enjoyable to me personally, i just hate the numbers it provides: numbers of our dmg, numbers of SS abs/Healing are all too small
    Do you mean in PvP? Because in HFC we are one the best classes DMG wise. Mostly because of the set bonus.

Deleted
    Well Launch always has a larger *sample size* of people to look at how things are going. Hence my thoughts above.
    Yeah tho , I'm expecting ret to be like at the start of cata.

dear paladins
    PVP legion Q&A with our beloved Brian Holinka will be up soon
    i hope there will be any news in holy, ret and prot paladins
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Do you mean in PvP? Because in HFC we are one the best classes DMG wise. Mostly because of the set bonus.
    Is that why we had to have an 8% damage increase to almost all of our abilities? (After progression was long over and Arcane Mages became everyone's permanent overlords, mind)
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"