10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    i dont think you understand what you're asking for. that requires 66% haste. not only that, you have charges, bow, judgment, tv and wake to fill other empty gcds, you dont need to hit zeal EVERY other gcd. im amazed you didnt think this out.
    I did think this out, I've done it enough times already. I don't need to placate you or Blizzard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I did think this out, I've done it enough times already. I don't need to placate you or Blizzard.
    cool...

i dont think you understand what you're asking for. that requires 66% haste. not only that, you have charges, bow, judgment, tv and wake to fill other empty gcds, you dont need to hit zeal EVERY other gcd. im amazed you didnt think this out.
    You are at zero combopoints.
    You hit BoJ, you hit Zeal, you hit what?

Fifty percent to reduce the cooldown to two thirds. Not sixty-six. Probably still takes third tier mythic items to reach, but it's potentially possible.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Fifty percent to reduce the cooldown to two thirds. Not sixty-six. Probably still takes third tier mythic items to reach, but it's potentially possible.
    he said the first tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    there will be open gcds, however your opener is already wrong. why didnt you open with wake?

but let me bite the hook... you have 3 holy after using those spells so you could use judgment, TV, wake and another tv (4 gcds) and then another zeal (which has 2 charges)
    Last edited by garonne; 2016-06-18 at 07:46 PM.

he said the first tier.

- - - Updated - - -

there will be open gcds, however your opener is already wrong. why didnt you open with wake? and zeal has 2 charges
    I said nothing about opener.

I said nothing about opener.
    you said nothing at all about anywhere and left it up to me

you said nothing at all about anywhere and left it up to me
    An convincing rebuttal.
    Is this the best you could come up with ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    I wouldn't know what level of gear it would for the cooldown to be reduced by two thirds(I can has math?). I just know at a CD of 3.00 I'm like "Ok that's acceptable."

Right now on live(With my gear) my CS is 3.40 or 3.50 ish CD. Not enough to feel comfortable IMO.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

An convincing rebuttal.
    why are you trying to bicker? you asked a simple question and i gave you a simple response. not my fault you didnt specify

Now that they opened for character transfers, i've transfered my main, going to go in with a fresh mindset, starting leveling from scratch.
    Last edited by ItsRainingMetal; 2016-07-18 at 04:45 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    An convincing rebuttal.
    oh no someone countered my argument there for i will insult them and think im still right.

he is right however, only time you really use CS two-three times back to back is if you fuck up and should not be playing the spec at all. i see a lot of people trying to build to max HP and saving CDs and all that leads them down to is lots of downtime and a loss in damage.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Solsacra thanks for the the posts here, maybe people will stop saying zeal is utter shit.

- - - Updated - - -

one more thing, if you try to refute sol's post by saying tFoJ is better on the PTR, here is a reminder as to WHY it is ATM. class trinket only works on cS, not zeal ATM, that means you lose around 15% of your damage on the trinket if you use it, and if not your losing damage because your NOT using the trinket. more so over, we do not have wake of ashes OR any traits either. having wake of ashes and the perk GREATLY influences our damage and priority system.

why are you trying to bicker? you asked a simple question and i gave you a simple response. not my fault you didnt specify
    I am trying to get a response: what are you going to press after BoJ-zeal.
    Should be obvious I was not talking about opener.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    oh no someone countered my argument there for i will insult them and think im still right.
    oh no someone seems to have a dispute with Storm, better scuttle in here with a witty witticism and fail at said witticism.

I am trying to get a response: what are you going to press after BoJ-zeal.
    Should be obvious I was not talking about opener.
    i mentioned the opener, however you still haven't specified a scenario, so my response is still -> judgement, Tv, wake of ashes (if available and if not), zeal again and ofcourse respond to procs if you have any.

i mentioned the opener
    I will have to repeat myself:
    I was not talking about opener.

however you still haven't specified a scenario, so my response is still -> judgement, Tv, wake of ashes (if available and if not).
    here's a scenario if you're so hellbent on it:
    you are attacking boss, woa is fething obviously on cd.

and ofcourse respond to procs if you have any.
    what procs
    we're talking about Legion right?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no procs for Paladins baseline. We have to talent into it to get procs like Fires of Justice and Divine Purpose.

Warrior-Magi

I will have to repeat myself:
    I was not talking about opener.
    i'll repeat myself as well then
    i mentioned the opener, however...
    here's a scenario if you're so hellbent on it:
    you are attacking boss, woa is fething obviously on cd.
    and again
    my response is still -> judgement, Tv, wake of ashes (if available and IF NOT), zeal again
    what procs
    we're talking about Legion right?
    divine purpose as currently crusade sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There are no procs for Paladins baseline. We have to talent into it to get procs like Fires of Justice and Divine Purpose.
    and ofcourse respond to procs if you have any.
    if you have any.

7+ Year Old Account
    i'll repeat myself as well then
    Seeing as Wake is on a 30sec CD, I think it's probably best to look at scenarios when it's not up, seeing as they'll occur about twice as often :P (10sec or lower CD on Judgement after haste etc vs 30sec CD on Wake).

In terms of GCD use, Zeal takes 3 to recharge, so Storm is still correct that picking Zeal (or Greater Judgement I guess) means you'll sometimes have nothing to push, as charges on spells cannot be recovered simultaneously.

That's the whole point Storm's making. Therefore:

He's got a point.

Now, in terms of DPS, sure Zeal and TFOJ are more or less equal (well, I trust Solsacra when he says that ), but that's not the issue being discussed. If you pick Zeal, you WILL sometimes have compulsory downtime in your rotation, simply due to having nothing to push. With TFOJ you won't.

Memory lane: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1829962

Remember when we used to get good feedback from a Blizzard dev or CM? About Ret buffs? Ya sure, it was after the expansion launched after nerfing us in the 11th hour, which is probably going to happen again, but at least it was genuine.

I know this is kind of off topic, but have any of you found a spec that plays similar to WoD ret?