Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Some of the talents, and not arranged neatly yet. But what I find interesting are some of what look to be new baseline abilities.

Soul Effigy: Create a Soul Effigy bound to the target, which is attackable by only the Warlock. 0% of all damage taken by the Effigy is replicated on the original target. Limit 1. Lasts 10 min.

In other words, it's an ability to give us some of the increased damage and resource gen of multi-dotting on a single target fight. That's interesting.

Mana Tap: Consumes 40% of current mana to grant 15% increased damage for 20 sec.

Not 40% of max mana, 40% of current mana. So less using Life Tap to stay topped off, more running down to empty and then combining Life Tap with self-healing.

Soul Harvest: Refill 5 Soul Shards. 2 sec cast, 2 min cooldown.

There's our "resources on demand" for opening pull burst or the like.

Destro can have a permanent Havoc that has no charges, has no cooldown, and lasts forever.

Destro can have a talent that attaches a prismatic crystal to a specific target.

WE CAN HAVOC CHAOS BOLTS SINGLE TARGET NOW.

Destro will literally be the god of two target cleave fights.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grimoire of Sacrifice: Sacrifice your demon to gain Demonic Power. Demonic Power causes your spells to sometimes deal an additional 0 Shadow damage to the target and other enemies within 8 yds.
    Lasts 1 hour or until you summon a demon.

RIP

I LOVE the new Demonbolt.

Demonbolt: fDraw energy from your demons and launch a ball of demonic energy at the target, dealing (100% of Spell power) Chaos damage. Damage is increased by 30% for each demon that you have. Generates 1 Soul Shard. Replaces Shadow Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Destro can have a permanent Havoc that has no charges, has no cooldown, and lasts forever.

Destro can have a talent that attaches a prismatic crystal to a specific target.

WE CAN HAVOC CHAOS BOLTS SINGLE TARGET NOW.

Destro will literally be the god of two target cleave fights.
    My guess is that will depend on whether Havoc'd spells will generate shards or not. If Conflagrate gets 2 shards per hit with Havoc... my God.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2015-11-21 at 01:52 AM.

Deleted
    Grimoire of Supremacy: Empowers your demon pet, causing it to have 20% increased health and deal 20% increased damage.

No more stronger creatures ?

Soul harvest is back
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Grimoire of Supremacy: Empowers your demon pet, causing it to have 20% increased health and deal 20% increased damage.

No more stronger creatures ?
    I imagine they will be turned into a glyph (but we can hope for customizable minions!)

Quote Originally Posted by Firespark View Post
    I imagine they will be turned into a glyph (but we can hope for customizable minions!)
    Or given to Demonology baseline?

I'm just loving everything about these changes.
    Affliction looks so desirable!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roujeaux View Post
    Or given to Demonology baseline?

Nope, glyph seems to be likely. Too many people wanted felhunter when they chose supremacy, myself included.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Alot of the changes are cool. Destruction is looking MUCH better. Some of the changes are atrocious though. They neutered Howl of Terror and GoSac for instance lololololol.

Quote Originally Posted by Roujeaux View Post
    Alot of the changes are cool. Destruction is looking MUCH better. Some of the changes are atrocious though. They neutered Howl of Terror and GoSac for instance lololololol.
    This could mean Howl of Terror won't share dr the way it does now. It's a buff to me.
    Same with Sac, now it works with all spells instead of just haunt and drain soul.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, glyph seems to be likely. Too many people wanted felhunter when they chose supremacy, myself included.
    You're probably right. That'd mean no Felguard for Demo too. Minor Glyph sounds about right.

Also all our pets are instant cast now costing a Shard. I can live with that.

The changes to GoSac are pretty smart. Making it its own thing instead of a modifier to your spells means that they won't have scaling problems where it's either worthless or the best, making it possible to actually balance and be useful.

This could mean Howl of Terror won't share dr the way it does now. It's a buff to me.
    Same with Sac, now it works with all spells instead of just haunt and drain soul.
    Guess it depends on how you look at it. To me the Howl change effectively removes an on demand cc choice, and the GoSac change adds another RNG Grimoire, which GoSyn already does a much better job at.

Great changes idd. Fun abilities, QoL changes and even some depth.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    The changes to GoSac are pretty smart. Making it its own thing instead of a modifier to your spells means that they won't have scaling problems where it's either worthless or the best, making it possible to actually balance and be useful.
    That's a fair point. They basically turned GoSac into an aoe Multistrike trinket.

There's the new demon summon that if I recall correctly, someone was endlessly harping on about.

lotta crazy shit for all the classes wow
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    **Normal datamining caveats apply**

Looks like the Doomguard/Infernal are on the shitty 3-minute cooldown that doesn't like to play nicely with ICD trinkets/Legendary Ring/etc. As if the Dark Soul change wasn't bad enough.

Shadowfury and Rain of Fire are no longer instant cast. The RoF change means one less thing Destro can cast on the move.

Soul Link appears to be Demonology only?

The Demonic Circle tooltip is strange. Sounds like it's just a one-button spell now.

"Immolate critical strikes generate a soul shard". No "chance on crit to generate a soul shard" here, but this just might be old or poorly worded.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2015-11-21 at 02:49 AM.