Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because we now have both spells available at all times. CA applying both was mostly because they are Eclipse dependent in WoD.
    We had both spells in MoP as well.

Is Full Moon still meteoring? If so, maybe asking about whether that is intended in the Theorycrafting thread might bring enlightenment.
    Damage = Split = Flavor, no DPS loss or gain.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Deleted
    In most situations is is actually a downside, since you'd rather be able to put all the damage on one target. Anyway, the tooltip should atleast match the actual effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    We had both spells in MoP as well.
    AFAIK, CA didn't apply both back then, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Damage = Split = Flavor, no DPS loss or gain.
    And the question was whether that is the intended functionality(since it doesn't match the tooltip), not why it is that way.

Also, it most certainly is a loss in any >1 target situation.

And the question was whether that is the intended functionality(since it doesn't match the tooltip), not why it is that way.

Also, it most certainly is a loss in any >1 target situation.
    Why is it a loss? i mean sure you cant control it, but x dmg is x dmg, if it hits x/ytargets or x/1target. Or i´m i missim something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerxyrall View Post
    Why is it a loss? i mean sure you cant control it, but x dmg is x dmg, if it hits x/ytargets or x/1target. Or i´m i missim something?
    It's a "loss" in the sense that usually there is a priority target, and you'd rather deal X damage to that target, and 0 to a 2nd target, rather than dealing X/2 damage to both.

(You aren't losing any total damage, but you aren't focusing it where you want it, leading to a priority target staying up longer than you'd like)

AFAIK, CA didn't apply both back then, either.
    It has always done it.

Personally I like Full Moon being aoe. It can be situational useful.

Deleted
    Split damage is pretty much strictly worse than dealing all the damage to one target. You'll never want to use FM as an aoe since it doesn't increase your damage. But, you do LOSE single target dps on a priority target when it is split. Star Augur Etraeus is a great example. In the last phase she would spawn a lot of small adds, that would easily die to other aoes, meaning any FM damage on them was wasted. So if FM hit 9 adds and the boss, its effective damage was basically 10% of its normal damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    It has always done it.

Personally I like Full Moon being aoe. It can be situational useful.
    Hum, WoWhead says so too. Though i think it only applied the DoT effect in MoP, not cast both spells simultaneously.

I certainly would like FM being AoE, too, but i'd prefer if it behaved as the tooltip indicates. Or at the very least always deals full damage against the primary target and only splits on secondaries.

Dear friends. Full Moon generates 40 Astral Power. If you don't think that is worth casting over 3-4 Lunar Strikes, for either AOE or ST-burst, then show some math. It depends on a few factors, like if adds live long enough for DOTS to tick 3 ticks (6+ sec), but generally-speaking, 40 Astral Power is typically enough to gain significant damage when timed properly.

Also, so what if FM splitting damage is a damage loss to a high-priority target? If the mob lives with [600% SP] Health, across 5-20 dps, then I'm not going to blame Full Moon's mechanics for the failure to kill an add. Someone probably didn't swap, or was late to swapping. Or a healer can just dump damage into them to help.

Ra-den logic -> Someone typically gets screwed on orb damage, so you better bring enough DPS to cover those moments. Re-think your casting/timing for better burst.
    Last edited by Cyous; 2016-04-26 at 07:03 PM.
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

That's certainly true. It's also not adding anything to the discussion at hand, nor answering the questions asked.

Deleted
    I'm not saying it is gamebreaking, but it is pointless to have it do aoe if it is split damage. Makes no sense to punish you for actually hitting multiple targets with it, even if it is minor.

Complaining about fullmoon, after all these changes... /facepalm

It could be worse. But I could also be better.
    More front loaded damage with a lesser splash would probably be better. 60% direct and 40% split aoe or something. We lose some damage if there are no adds, but still hit harder on priority targets

Tune either value up or down to favour single or multi target fights

Deleted
    Videos from yesterdays raidtest:

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Videos from yesterdays raidtest:
    (...)
    Could you share your WA strings?

No changes for us this build either,
    and all remaining bugs.... remain

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    No changes for us this build either,
    and all remaining bugs.... remain
    Stellar Flare was buffed, i think. No mechanical changes, though, just 33% more DoT damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Could you share your WA strings?
    They are still a WiP, but sure, here is the version I used in the videos:
    http://pastebin.com/u/Gebuz
    They are split into 4 groups. If you plan to use it for dungeons, you should disable the two weakauras called Rebirth Raid and Rebirth Raid CD, as they will cause LUA errors during dungeon boss combat at the moment. Also, if you want them to look like they do in the video you'll need to install Masque and Masque: Clean Icons, and change icon skin to "dream". The cast bar is Quartz, so it wont be included in the weakaura.

I'll post a complete version closer to release.
    Last edited by mmoc9d2aef9527; 2016-04-28 at 04:08 PM.

Just logged in and my lunar strikes are hitting for 24,000,000...

Just crit for 49.8 mil, same level mobs.
    Last edited by Bullarkie; 2016-04-28 at 04:28 PM.