Not sure why we needed a nerf to our AOE. Falling Star (Rank 3) Increases the damage bonus from Stellar Empowerment by 45%. Now 30%.

Edit: Mistakes were made.
    Last edited by Lights90; 2016-09-14 at 11:39 PM.

Not a nerf. That's what it is right now on live.

From what i've seen, there's not much in the way of actual changes. Only a buff to our T19 bonuses, the rest is just tooltip updates, most of which are already reflected ingame. So you won't even notice the difference.

Deleted
    So wait, we got so many nerfs but we are 4th lowest dmg on simcraft?
    And BIG nerf to Full Moon (the only interesting spell Balance got in Legion)
    And no changes to ww monk ?
    Is this a joke?

EDIT :
    @up
    How come it is "live" ?
    Full Moon doesn't deal reduced dmg to nearby argets.
    Or u mean "live ptr" ?

Personally, I'm concerned about this:

Solar Wrath Balance: Hurl a ball of solar energy at the target, dealing [ 1 + 190% of Spell Power ] Nature damage. Generates 6 Astral Power 0 Astral Power. Feral, Guardian, Restoration: Hurl a ball of solar energy at the target, dealing [ 1 + 190% of Spell Power ] Nature damage.
    I'm assuming this is just a mistake in the patch notes, but if it's not, I'll be pretty upset about it. I can think of no reason whatsoever to nerf our baseline AP generation by removing AP generation from Solar Wrath. The +2 AP generation on Lunar Strike would hardly make up for the loss of 6 AP per Solar Wrath, and I'm not at all keen on seeing a spell become useless.

I think the real joke is no nerfs to DHs, who are currently destroying charts if played properly, except a piddly 2 second reduction on their auto Metamorphosis. Boomkin did not deserve any nerfs, we were doing all right and were far from overpowered.

You two need to stop right there and look at the spells on the live servers.

Full Moon was changed to not deal reduced damage to the primary target. It has been doing reduced damage to secondary targets ever since it started doing damage to them at all.

SW is just a data mining error. It actually got increased to 8 some time ago, not dropped to 0.

Neither of these is an actual change, both are merely tooltip updates. As is pretty much everything else for Balance except for the Set Bonuses.
    Last edited by huth; 2016-09-14 at 11:41 PM.

I know my Solar Wrath on live generates AP. The tooltip on live says 8 AP, which is great. This note clearly states "0 AP", which is what I was referring to. It's probably a mistake in the note (like I said).

Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post
    I know my Solar Wrath on live generates AP. The tooltip on live says 8 AP, which is great. This note clearly states "0 AP", which is what I was referring to. It's probably a mistake in the note (like I said).
    It's not a note. It's in green text on the news page because these are datamined tooltips.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post
    Datamining error, it happens on nearly every patchnote released. It wouldn't even make sense to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    So wait, we got so many nerfs but we are 4th lowest dmg on simcraft?
    And BIG nerf to Full Moon (the only interesting spell Balance got in Legion)
    And no changes to ww monk ?
    Is this a joke?

EDIT :
    @up
    How come it is "live" ?
    Full Moon doesn't deal reduced dmg to nearby argets.
    Or u mean "live ptr" ?
    Go look at hotfixes in the 9th.

Main target full damage
    Other targets reduced damage

Deleted
    Friend, I'm looking at the changes and it says in RED that : " all enemies near the target "
    and in green : "reduced damage to all other nearby enemies "
    ^ How come this change is to "NOT" deal reduced dmg?
    At live servers I deal full dmg to first target AND ALL AROUND.
    How is come that not a nerf? They say it's tooltip updates. What tooltip updates? Is beta boomy different from live now? I don't understand.
    Expand and explain, please, why full moon deals reduced dmg to all targets around and you don't call it a nerf if live version it deals dmg full to primary and all around ?

edit : so many replies, let me check.

At live servers I deal full dmg to first target AND ALL AROUND.
    No, you don't. Each target except for the primary only takes 100%/number_of_targets damage.

Deleted
    Sorry, I was just lookin at my tooltip in the game, it appears it is wrong then.
    When did this happen? Can't find the hotfix change. Any link?

September 2nd. It's in the general hotfix notes by Blizzard. Behaviour for secondary targets is unchanged, the tooltip was never accurate to begin with.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Full Moon will now always deal full damage to the primary target. Damage is reduced for secondary targets.

Deleted
    So if I'm getting this right... I was already dealing lower dmg to secondary targets with full moon?
    That's interesting.
    This explains alot.
    To be honest I hope they pull up some numbers on us, I like how the boomy works the way it is, just the numbers aren't there compared to bursty melee types.
    Sry for confusion, late hour and I was basing my judgement on live tooltip.
    Thanks for the explanation and patience.
    Cheers friends.

Before the Hotfix, you were simply doing the listed damage split up across all targets. After the hotfix, the primary target always takes full damage, the rest still take damage as if it was split between all targets.(i.e. it is split first, then the primary is set back to 100% damage)

I think it's the melees that need to be taken down a notch, not us being brought up.

As you can see from the actual patch notes, the only real changes are HT being replaced with Regrowth and Incarnation finally using the correct model. Well, and no longer causing that silly GCD.

Deleted
    Oh ye the GCD gone on Incarnation was retarded and it is a blessing it's gone.
    and...
    It is a secret, but...
    *quiet voice* I use Glyph to hide Moonkin form.
    So I don't think model change affects me personally, but glad they did it coz if I'm not mistaken I saw it in HD version in Legion and it's just pretty.
    edit:
    Will I be able to cast healing touch in Moonkin form btw? Along with Regrowth?
    Or did they simply switched Regrowth in the place of healing touch?

AFAIK, Incarnation forces the model even if you use glyph. So it will affect you. Make you a proper Moonkin, at least for 30 seconds.

Oh ye the GCD gone on Incarnation was retarded and it is a blessing it's gone.
    and...
    It is a secret, but...
    *quiet voice* I use Glyph to hide Moonkin form.
    So I don't think model change affects me personally, but glad they did it coz if I'm not mistaken I saw it in HD version in Legion and it's just pretty.
    edit:
    Will I be able to cast healing touch in Moonkin form btw? Along with Regrowth?
    Or did they simply switched Regrowth in the place of healing touch?
    Switch HT and Regrowth.

Can still use ht as balance but not in boomy form. Regrowth has taken its place

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Finally Inc is great again! Not just an Owl that looks like it has wet himself.

I'm a bit torn on the Regrowth-thing. I might try around a bit with restoaffinity, since I'm not liking the higher manacost, but I like the faster casttime.

And because someone was asking about dps. At 838 I get around 170-200k depending on circumstances. (26% Haste, 16% Crit, 5% Vers - SL/INC/SS/NB)
    Last edited by mmoc8e57c9080f; 2016-09-15 at 03:45 AM.

I just downloaded the latest version simcraft and calculated statweight for my current gear.

And I am shocked.

My current ranking: Int > Crit > Vers ~= Mastery > Haste

Int 1.00
    Crit 0.69
    Vers 0.67
    Mastery 0.66
    Haste 0.63

Current stats:
    Intellect 27466
    Crit 2115
    Haste 8651
    Versatility 2518
    Mastery 4971

I think the hase rate was overstated due to the fact that in the base profile was 0 haste.

Edit: I found that simcraft incorrectly calculates StFl. It seems that he thinks that StFl always gets a bonus from the mastery.

Stats ranking without StFl: Int > Crit > Vers ~= Mastery > Haste
    Int 1.00
    Crit 0.69
    Vers 0.67
    Mastery 0.67
    Haste 0.59
    Last edited by Owlkin; 2016-09-15 at 04:46 AM.