Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Games you liked but grew to hate?

Similar to another thread about games you hated but grew to like

What are games that you liked or loved before that you grew to dislike or hate

Try to be original and not just post World of Warcraft, that would make for a very boring discussion/thread

Deleted
    Lol. I played it since Beta. But the amount of toxicity in this game, made me hate it so much. (Played it all the way to S5)

Skylanders. I actually liked the first game, and then they decided that only needing $300 to get everything was not good enough and continue to overprice everything for the sequels. I hate not so much the game itself, but the fact that I have to spend thousands of dollars to get 100% completion in all the sequels. That's retarded bullshit and I hope this toy concept of video games dies out quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Fallout 4. I really liked the first 10 or so hours and then I realized how average that game is and I will most likely never play it again. I'll stick with New Vegas if I want to play a Fallout game in the future.

Moved to Video Game Discussion, since it's the correct forum choice.

Liked but grew to hate huh? Hm. I can't think of much honestly, maybe Team Fortress 2, but it's not a "hate", more of a "this game is exactly the same and it's boring me" type of thing?

Otherwise if we could go by a trilogy, I'd say Golden Sun, because the first two where amazing but the 3rd was butts.

Besides WoW, which I am going to just gloss over because the reasons have been talked to death and I agree it would make it boring, ARK Survival Evolved has been one lately in which I feel the game just went downhill. They started off with lots of new and interesting content, and for a few months continues to chug out new content at an astounding rate. After a few months though, content updates have been sparse at best, new additions were either grindfests or uninspired, and the bugs continue to get worse and not addressed in the least. Lag and harvest glitches run rampant, and they've barely addressed it, let alone actually done anything to fix it.

Fallout 4 was another big disappointment in my eyes. Loved the game, but don't really see much in the way of replay-ability in it. Outposts fell short of much besides something that ended up being repeatable for a little experience. The main quest line felt a bit too short. A good game, but nothing revolutionary to the series that made me feel the hype was deserved.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2015-12-29 at 01:54 AM.

WoW...lol
    Seriously though if I had to say the transition or what something turned into was my beloved Legacy of kain games....=Nosgoth
    I was all about everything mass effect until the 3rd installment...It left such a sour taste in my mouth I can no longer enjoy the prior games knowing how it ends.
    MGS 5: TPP - considering the first 10min of the original PSone game had more voice acting than snake does this game.. Its the only MGS game ive never finished(i dont care to) and resumed multiple playthroughs... really whats with this smarthphone vibe shit. "SEND FOLLOWERS ON MISSIONS"....sounds fun...garrisons /shudder
    Pretty much every resident evil game after 3. The focus shift to the more action based stuff... I mean I did enjoy 4 but the sluggish controls bad camera angles and jump scares are what made those games...into a franchise for them to ruin...along with the movies. I mean really super power bullshit?

Dead space is a series I would like to see revamped.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I've played LoL and HoN for a few years (also Dota many years before that) and left because community kinda ruined the atmosphere. I play HotS sometimes and fear that it will go in the same direction eventually. Only thing in moba games that was fun all the time for me is ability draft mode in Dota 2.

Maybe it's a bad example since it's not the game itself at fault, it's the players.

Probably Counter-strike. I played up until Source came out, then just gave up
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Shadow of Mordor. From the moment it was announced I loved everything about it. However all the short cutscenes when captains show up, die and/or retreat made me alt+f4 and uninstall the game before I finished Celebrimbors campaign.
    If there's a way to turn those cutscenes off, I would try to finish it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Donkey Kong Country series. The SNES games were like the counterpart to Mario games. But playing them recently, the movement is really weird, and the camera is far too close to your character to see anything fast enough to react to it, at least to me. Not sure how I beat those games as a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lufia for the SNES. The remake sucked ass and so did the sequels. Always the same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    Probably Counter-strike. I played up until Source came out, then just gave up
    Same here with Day of Defeat

WoW: Killed the entire MMORPG genre, then phased the RPG out of their MMO.
    LoL: Great game, too much latency from anywhere but USwest.
    Pokemon: 50 versions of the same game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Lufia for the SNES. The remake sucked ass and so did the sequels. Always the same shit.
    Agreed while I loved Lufia 2 stop remaking it and make a new chapter in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Otherwise if we could go by a trilogy, I'd say Golden Sun, because the first two where amazing but the 3rd was butts.
    Yes that would be my choice I mean how could you screw up such an awesome trilogy with such a lack luster entry atleast the emotion system was a nice twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Similar to another thread about games you hated but grew to like

What are games that you liked or loved before that you grew to dislike or hate

Try to be original and not just post World of Warcraft, that would make for a very boring discussion/thread
    Sorry, but the only game that happened where that happened to me was World of Warcraft.

If we can talk franchises... Final Fantasy. I felt like I had an emotional- no... spiritual relationship with Final Fantasy with the early games. But 10 and beyond were terrible imo and really cheesy.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2015-12-29 at 03:33 AM.

WoW here too.

The other game that springs to mind is Blackguards. I really liked it at first. It is a little corny and some of the battles were long-winded but I was having a lot of fun overall. What changed it for me though was every now and again there would be a battle or two that was multiple times harder than the rest and not a boss one or chapter end. Admittedly it was probably due to my poor choices when levelling as there is so many options and then compounded by what mobs they threw at me. I just found the constant change in difficulty and then failing a map 30+ minutes into the fight really frustrating and eventually quit the game before completion.

Dragon Age: Inquisition. It was amazing at first, but then all those crappy side quests... and the time consuming walk to the damn war table. Ugh. Fuck that table.

WoW.
    Guild Wars 2.

Pretty self explanatory. Devs of both games got cocky and lazy and let their games become steaming piles of crap.

Deleted
    Most games in my smartphone - they look fun but after 5min after downloading it, I feel an urge to delete it.