Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feral level 100 Talents wtf

So I was checking out the level 100 talent tier for feral druids and I noticed something that confused my greatly. Savage Roar (SR) and Bloodtalons (BT) on the same tier. I did some quick damage tests (live servers) with each buff up individually and noticed that SR pulled ahead slightly in dps on ferocious bite finishers. What has me confused is the part where a player can have 40% increased damage for up to 42 secs on ALL physical damage dealt vs the next two melee abilities doing 30% increased damage after casting a healing touch. Is there any reason to take BT over SR? Seems like more work for less results.

You shouldn't look at the numbers for now as they've just taken the values from live. They'll lower SR or up BT early in the beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    You shouldn't look at the numbers for now as they've just taken the values from live. They'll lower SR or up BT early in the beta.
    I think the fact SR is now a talent is abysmal without looking at the numbers. We saw this trend from MoP > WoD where they basically moved DoC down a tier and calld it Bloodtalons. Now they adding SR to talents and making us pick between that or bloodtalons? it's not only extremely lazy, it's just damn right stupid. Hopefully this changes and it's just a placeholder because a lot of the other talents actually seem ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    I think the fact SR is now a talent is abysmal without looking at the numbers. We saw this trend from MoP > WoD where they basically moved DoC down a tier and calld it Bloodtalons. Now they adding SR to talents and making us pick between that or bloodtalons? it's not only extremely lazy, it's just damn right stupid. Hopefully this changes and it's just a placeholder because a lot of the other talents actually seem ok.
    Congratulations on being literally the first Feral Druid I've seen who isn't thrilled that SR may be optional in the future. I don't know what you're smoking that would rather you have it be baseline than a talent, but that's one strain I'll stay clear of, thanks.

And I can guarantee you it's not a placeholder. Savage Roar being a talent is one of the few changes coming for Feral that Blizzard detailed ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Totemslap View Post
    Congratulations on being literally the first Feral Druid I've seen who isn't thrilled that SR may be optional in the future. I don't know what you're smoking that would rather you have it be baseline than a talent, but that's one strain I'll stay clear of, thanks.
    You must not have looked very far. There probably are few people that like SR specifically, yes, but I'm sure there's plenty of people would rather have SR than only have 1 finisher to manage.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2015-11-23 at 04:20 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    SR may be a pain in the ass to manage in pvp i guess. But i wouldn't look at numbers at beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    SR may be a pain in the ass to manage in pvp i guess. But i wouldn't look at numbers at beta
    SR is no problem at all to manage in PvP. Easier to manage than in PvE.

That being said, as a PvPer, I still don't like it. But I'm not going to judge anything from paper until I've played it in beta. I find all the raging and whining a bit annoying just from reading some descriptions from a really early state beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    And actual balancing won't be done until the very end of beta. For now, the numbers are just pretty decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And actual balancing won't be done until the very end of beta. For now, the numbers are just pretty decorations.
    hell i think their placements in the trees are even debatable
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted

And I can guarantee you it's not a placeholder. Savage Roar being a talent is one of the few changes coming for Feral that Blizzard detailed ahead of time.
    You seem to not know much about the feral community. Most know SR is here to stay, the only reason most do not like it is because a flat 40% damage increase is boring. They could do so much with the talent, yet it remains the same.

You sound like the type of person who found feral in cata "fun". Where the only thing you had to really do was just extend the same rip for the entire fight. It's boring, and not the reason I play feral, so yes, while I question a 40% damage increase, I do not question having more then 3 buttons to press. I would roll a different spec if I wanted to be bored.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2015-11-23 at 06:41 PM.

Uhh. No.

Might want to check Fluid Druid before you make statements like that.

Personally enjoy that it's a talent, and most other Ferals I know that worry about how enjoyable a rotation is and not just pushing out that extra 1% agree that they'd rather not have it. In a patchwork style fight yea you can keep it rolling fine, but if your group needs you to hybrid it up (Affinity talents), suddenly that rotation may break, or you had to brez someone, so on so fourth.

I rather enjoy having the ability to use rip and FB as my finishers, while knowing if push comes to shove on an interrupt add fight I can blow maim without worrying about losing 40% of my damage.

Deleted
    You seem to not know much about the feral community. Most know SR is here to stay, the only reason most do not like it is because a flat 40% damage increase is boring. They could do so much with the talent, yet it remains the same.

You sound like the type of person who found feral in cata "fun". Where the only thing you had to really do was just extend the same rip for the entire fight. It's boring, and not the reason I play feral, so yes, while I question a 40% damage increase, I do not question having more then 3 buttons to press. I would roll a different spec if I wanted to be bored.
    Personally i think it's only fair to add SR as a talent since there are plenty of people who like the spell as well as those who hate it. Adding choise is great, let's just hope that the other choices are viable.

I agree, I feel like it's very lazy. I've never found SR an exciting ability to press, but I do appreciate the additional complexity to the rotation.

I really enjoy SR and BT. It will be sad to lose one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueredwolf View Post
    The bizarre part is this design pisses off everybody. Moment of Clarity will most likely not be competitive at all so the casuals will be pissed, and the more advanced players will be pissed that they are losing at least one of their 2 favorite abilities. Moment of Clarity also has the issue of having to keep low energy in order not to waste energy from OoC procs. I hope that tier gets redone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueredwolf View Post
    I like both abilities, however with Bloodtalons I think whilst it's a fun idea it just doesn't work with us. Our damage revolving around it currently is part of our handicap imo, not because of skill barrier, just because we're limited to what we can do to an extent.

For example mass raking mobs, we're raking everything for 30% less than "normal" and the normal being what our damage is balanced around.

As for them being on the same tier, I'm reserving judgement til that's obviously changed.
    Last edited by mmoc8431286a48; 2015-11-26 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    Already changed to a level 75 talent, and in a much better position.

Already changed to a level 75 talent, and in a much better position.
    Also nerfed quite a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Also nerfed quite a bit.
    True but our lvl 100s talents seem alright now imo. Aslong as bloody slash provides some good aoe.