Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Uh, no. That is not the case now, has never been the case, and will never be the case. The insurers do not have profit in excess of 100%. That would be insane. You DO realize that the insurers have to give most the money to the hospitals and doctors, right? They are not end beneficiary of the money...

Also linking static stock values doesn't show anything. You have to look at the yearly gains in either value, or dividends, or both and compare them to other similar stocks. Yes, insurers were making more and more money before, and are now doing even better. But you have to look at what is RELATIVE. Of course their stocks went up as soon as everyone got word their product would be compulsory. A bigger pie means bigger slices.

But this notion that they were just screwing everyone on some level of gains unseen compared to other stocks is simply not true.
    If most of the profits go to hospitals, explain why there are less hospitals in the US now compared to a decade ago? Surely if these highly profitable establishments did so so well they would be expanding?

Insurance companies take the biggest slice of the pie, you have some reading to do on how it is all divided up

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so you believe in price fixing? yah that worked out great under Nixon and countries like Venezuela

you two need to educate your self what happens when you start price fixing
    Once again Vyxn you are wrong and typical you just spin off the earth on your rhetoric. Plain and simple: The health industry should not profit off my illness. I understand that money makes the world go around but what the Health industry is doing is ridiculous. We again, are the only industrialized country without universal healthcare.

Just in case I get a reply of the U.S. having the best doctors, hospitals and healthcare. Yes, if you can afford it. Our healthcare is awesome.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    My rates have skyrocketed since Obamacare , Pre-Obamacare they were stable. About $5 dollars a year or so. Since Obamacare, my rates have gone from $80 a week to now over $140 a week.
    So you rather blame a system attempting to cover everyone? In other words you rather had people that are sick not get care since you dislike that since Insurance Companies took these events to increase their profits.

My rates have skyrocketed since Obamacare , Pre-Obamacare they were stable. About $5 dollars a year or so. Since Obamacare, my rates have gone from $80 a week to now over $140 a week.

Just pay the fine and know they are getting a cut of every dollar you make. Thats what I do, instead of stitches get the tape and lots of gauze.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Once again Vyxn you are wrong and typical you just spin off the earth on your rhetoric. Plain and simple: The health industry should not profit off my illness. I understand that money makes the world go around but what the Health industry is doing is ridiculous. We again, are the only industrialized country without universal healthcare.

Just in case I get a reply of the U.S. having the best doctors, hospitals and healthcare. Yes, if you can afford it. Our healthcare is awesome.
    All Universal healthcare is for profit too they just get the profit in different ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Do we count the 27(i think) states that did not expand coverage and have done nothing but raise prices?
    Probably.

Breaking News: Private-based Healthcare 'Solution' is still less effective than proven Public Healthcare solution. More at 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Please... this had fail written all over it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    All Universal healthcare is for profit too they just get the profit in different ways.
    So this is where I of course have to do all the work to find a chart that proves my point.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Someone here actually said the US healthcare system was deregulated.

This is how out of touch people are. Bonkers. Anti-reality.

Anywho, Obummercare existed in the first place to run the industry into the ground and pave the way for UHC, as warned of time and time again. The falsely-so-called free market will be blamed for the collapse. Get ready for VA quality healthcare for those who cant afford a yacht. Though im sure some twat will hail the VA as a great system, hardly tarnished by the countless stories of neglect and malpractice.

You are paying 560 a month for health insurance?

Sorry I'm military so I'm out of touch with the cost of medical. That just seems like a crazy amount.
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2015-11-22 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If most of the profits go to hospitals, explain why there are less hospitals in the US now compared to a decade ago? Surely if these highly profitable establishments did so so well they would be expanding?

Insurance companies take the biggest slice of the pie, you have some reading to do on how it is all divided up
    It's almost like you don't even see the logical fallacy of what you are saying. If one company makes over 100% profit, who would sell that stock? Yet, these stocks are bought and sold every day.

Also, you don't seem to understand that hospitals need patients, just as all businesses need customers. Market saturation is a thing. In addition, hospitals are getting bigger and bigger, therefore able to treat more and more patients. To use a different example, if Wal-Mart puts 3 grocery stores out of business, it doesn't mean people are eating less food because there are less stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post

Anywho, Obummercare existed in the first place to run the industry into the ground and pave the way for UHC, as warned of time and time again. The falsely-so-called free market will be blamed for the collapse. Get ready for VA quality healthcare for those who cant afford a yacht. Though im sure some twat will hail the VA as a great system, hardly tarnished by the countless stories of neglect and malpractice.
    First, that hasn't happened in any other 1st world country with universal health care and two, please point out the idiots who think VA is great. I'm almost positive that is one of the few things both sides of the aisle agree on is that the VA system sucks.

I had not had a chance to roll my eyes today.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Get ready for VA quality healthcare for those who cant afford a yacht
    You are aware that single-payer healthcare is still administered privately, yes?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I had not had a chance to roll my eyes today.

Thanks!
    Afterwards I'm sure you lifted up your nose and let out a solid "humph" at the rabble before you.

Can you please stop pretending to be distinguished.

Wow! This misinformation is so wrong. ACA was again a Republican plan and yes Dems along with Hillary/Bill Clinton. The Insurance Companies pretty much made the law and they obviously are not going to make a law where they go out of business.

If you want to bitch about how government sucks. Then yes, you can bitch about how the lobby industry basically writes our laws to fuck the common citizen. Health insurance companies backed it since they were getting all these new customers. The young who know had to purchase insurance and other people in general. So when you have a law that "forces" you to have insurance. Then you can gouge the consumer.

Part of the law, ironically to conservatives. Was to make EVERYONE carry their own weight. You now had to have insurance to pay for the old and sick. Sort of how you think 47% don't pay no taxes and are sucking the other half dry. You the "The Takers".

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You are aware that single-payer healthcare is still administered privately, yes?
    When government has its claws sunk deep into its abdomen, calling it private is all but a ceremonial labeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    When government has its claws sunk deep into its abdomen, calling it private is all but a ceremonial labeling.
    Utterly meaningless, but okay.

Universal healthcare does not necessarily entail government run hospitals (though if the NHS is anything to go by it's actually quite good). Literally all single-payer means is that the government foots the bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pay $120 a month for my medical, dental, and vision care. Of that, about $110 is my health insurance.

Granted, this is through my employer. I don't have a deductible - I have copays.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Would make it worse then, fixed price vs profit margins. The only way to improve profits is to cut costs.....

- - - Updated - - -

Utterly meaningless, but okay.

Universal healthcare does not necessarily entail government run hospitals (though if the NHS is anything to go by it's actually quite good). Literally all single-payer means is that the government foots the bill.
    And if the VA is anything to go by, US government run hospitals are not so good...........