Page 42 of 136 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Can someone give me an honest answer how ele is in legion? Pve and Pvp.
    Talents are heavily flawed at this late stage in testing, and its unlikely that'll change them. They dont even respond to feedback or aknowledge that there's a problem, but keep tweaking artifact traits. For me its another WoD, but the shit is now better boxed. Yesterday they flat out said that Warriors wont get changes but only tweaks from now on, and they've been as long as Shaman in testing.

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    Not arguing for or against it, one way or another, but it essentially IS a passive. And a boring one at that. Taking into consideration that instead of a macro, most will just have some sort of addon telling them to press it. To be fair that's not an argument that proves its a passive. But from all accounts, it seems boring as hell.
    If they wanna make it more interesting, they should drastically reduce the buff radius and increase the numbers on all the totems. That way, it becomes the default "turreting" talent, while the other two are better for cleaving or movement (e.g. Molten Earth could be slightly better in movement heavy situations).

Talents are heavily flawed at this late stage in testing, and its unlikely that'll change them. They dont even respond to feedback or aknowledge that there's a problem, but keep tweaking artifact traits. For me its another WoD, but the shit is now better boxed. Yesterday they flat out said that Warriors wont get changes but only tweaks from now on, and they've been as long as Shaman in testing.
    Heavily flawed is a massive exaggeration. Some talents need some mechanical QoL changes (totemic mastery and lightning rod) and some numbers need to be changed, but really, the only talent issues I see is just Liquid Magma / Storm Ele being very bland. Ele is getting a lot of changes we've needed desperately since WoD.

And you'll see that the vast majority of classes don't get any feedback/response in a given build because believe it or not, other classes have it way worse than Ele atm, and there's clearly not enough time for a few devs to have in depth discussions with 35 specs every week. Not saying that Blizzard will definitely give us the level of feedback e.g. Blood DKs and now Brewmasters are getting, but they do eventually talk about stuff.
    Last edited by trm90; 2016-04-29 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Can someone give me an honest answer how ele is in legion? Pve and Pvp.
    numbers wise, we're up there but tuning hasnt been done so that could change for the worse.

we only have 1 DR which is kinda shit, we have a heal but its expensive, however we are more mobile than before in comparison.

talents could use a comb over but overall we're doing well from a PVE perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    numbers wise, we're up there but tuning hasnt been done so that could change for the worse.

we only have 1 DR which is kinda shit, we have a heal but its expensive, however we are more mobile than before in comparison.

talents could use a comb over but overall we're doing well from a PVE perspective.
    Totally agree. Without numbers tuning its hard to say, but I think there's a very high chance we will be more useful than we were in WoD. I know that's not saying much, but at this point we need to take what we can get. I would still advise having a backup plan for every Elemental Shaman in the case Blizzard shits all over us during tuning.

I honestly think Shaman needs to have two Defensive cooldowns. AS isn't enough to keep shaman alive. We definitely need a defensive cooldown that has quick cooldown, lasts for short time, something starts with Shamanistic Rage.

I hate Ascendance so much, it feels totally garbage but i have a feeling we are going to be stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prankish View Post
    but I think there's a very high chance we will be more useful than we were in WoD. I know that's not saying much
    i saw a dead badger in the road the other day, thought i'd seen him before, then i remembered where i had seen him before, he took my raid spot in wod!

Deleted
    Some people are just wow.. I don't remember, but did you also defend Elemental during WoD beta? It's like you want to see Elemental burn.

Deleted
    When i see shadow priest damage and versatility i am really worried about the Elem spec. But I think tuning is not ready yet and hope they ll make something about that because prepatch is on 3 month and we have time to see so much patch with lots of changes. Nevertheless we have Enhance spec that need a nerf too because of his insane damage

I do not think there will be other changes in Talent, So we must hope that they will do a good work in term of spell balancing
    Last edited by mmoc3a9a24da0f; 2016-04-30 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Some people are just wow.. I don't remember, but did you also defend Elemental during WoD beta? It's like you want to see Elemental burn.
    Defend Elemental? No, where have I said Elemental was going to be great or even good? All I've ever said was that the new talents, coupled with the way the new talents are distributed, leads me to believe we will be in a better spot than we ever were in WoD. Which, like I said myself, still isn't saying much. Also I do mention that this all depends on a final numbers tuning. No discussion about talents, the way they are distributed, or what alpha logs indicate will mean jack shit if, just like in the end of MoP(start of WoD), we get gutted by a final numbers pass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prankish View Post
    Defend Elemental? No, where have I said Elemental was going to be great or even good? All I've ever said was that the new talents, coupled with the way the new talents are distributed, leads me to believe we will be in a better spot than we ever were in WoD. Which, like I said myself, still isn't saying much. Also I do mention that this all depends on a final numbers tuning. No discussion about talents, the way they are distributed, or what alpha logs indicate will mean jack shit if, just like in the end of MoP(start of WoD), we get gutted by a final numbers pass.
    Didnt mean you actually. But tuning numbers wont help us at all if talents will be left like this. "Movement" tier has to be re-evaluated, or made completely baseline (honestly, Enh has Stormlash - dont give them AG/WRT on top of this) in favour of a defensive tier - cause 1 def ability is not enought at all. Add to this all points regarding talent shifting mentioned by Binkenstein in the Elemental feedback thread on the official forum.

Didnt mean you actually. But tuning numbers wont help us at all if talents will be left like this. "Movement" tier has to be re-evaluated, or made completely baseline (honestly, Enh has Stormlash - dont give them AG/WRT on top of this) in favour of a defensive tier - cause 1 def ability is not enought at all. Add to this all points regarding talent shifting mentioned by Binkenstein in the Elemental feedback thread on the official forum.
    stop spreading your fallacies, ive disproved you already and you haven't had anything to rebut it.

Deleted
    stop spreading your fallacies, ive disproved you already and you haven't had anything to rebut it.
    The reason why no one quotes your delusional bullshit has absolutely anything to do with being "disproved" by you.

The reason why no one quotes your delusional bullshit has absolutely anything to do with being "disproved" by you.
    so you've resulted to insults instead of actual facts, good to know you can actually defend your points laid out. good job mate.

Deleted
    so you've resulted to insults instead of actual facts, good to know you can actually defend your points laid out. good job mate.
    Oh, wow - no, I actually didn't feel offended by someone who tried to "disprove" an educated guess and the opinion of the most renowned Elemental theory crafter by posting random level 100 talents of classes which aren't even compatible to Elemental.

Oh, wow - no, I actually didn't feel offended by someone who tried to "disprove" an educated guess and the opinion of the most renowned Elemental theory crafter by posting random level 100 talents of classes which aren't even compatible to Elemental.
    so you have no opinion or no facts of your own and follow like a sheep? good to know. you can continue your sheepish disagreement then.

Deleted
    so you have no opinion or no facts of your own and follow like a sheep? good to know. you can continue your sheepish disagreement then.
    Uhm, this is my own opinion based on years of experience in hardcore PvE content, which is backed up by prominent Elemental theory crafters. And by God, I swear that Binkenstein and me aren't friends.

You on the other hand.. You are amusing at best.

Deleted
    you're so funny

LOL

with the current setup (live) rows are more like what you've mentioned, single target, aoe etc and yet we still pick the talent thats best for each encounter. with this option we'll still pick whichever is best for each encounter but we have more choices through mix and match. i do however think talents shouldn't work against each other if picked (mag with lightining rod)
    Yes, currently people do pick the best talents for the situation, and in Legion people will still take the best choices for the situation. However, I think that being able to talent fully into Single Target or AoE is a bad design choice.

Sure, in a Min/Max environment certain talents will always be taken, but if a) the talents all fill a similar function ie: increasing AoE damage and b) all talents are within a certain tolerance for variation, then it's a better choice for most players than "Oh, it's an AoE fight so I need to take all the AoE talents". Currently there are pretty much three primary build intentions: mobile, single target and AoE. Sure you can argue a little about EB vs Echo on L60, or how many AoE talents you take for an AoE