Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you're on crack mate, seek help.

no im serious i can't imagine ele being better than mage, mage is simply...mage, just look at the history of warcraft, or look at diablo 3, yup that mage/wizard is just blizzards fetish they can't get enough of making them the best class.

edit: oh and mage in arena on hearthstone is pretty fucking strong.
    Ele is fine in raids. Shamans of all specs are terrible in PvP much like how feral/balance druids will also be trash in pvp due to shit defensives, low healing, and less CC than pure classes.

He's perfectly fine in rerolling from mage to shaman. Some people don't play to be an arcane mage/assassination rogue and just sit at number one. There's also the fun of the spec, and ele shaman is plain fun in PvE.

Then there's also aesthetics. Mages don't throw lightning or globs of lava or earth spikes at their opponent, and their artifacts are pretty bland compared to the electric claw and wind shield of a titan emissary.

Mages are utterly boring, I'd play a warlock or ele shaman/spriest any day over the mongoloid specs a mage has.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcbenchpress View Post
    I think Ele is pretty great in Legion. I'm actually rerolling from my mage to a Shaman.
    Just don't try to PvP cuz it'll make you regret that decision.

icy veins says the spec is terrible in pve. bad scaling, low damage on most fights, significant ramp up time, bad with movement.

I personally hate how simplistic elemental is now. And I hate how any idiot who just started playing 5 days ago can play the spec just as good because it requires no brain power now.

I was thinking of rerolling to fire mage but I dont want to make a mistake. I would like to know what the theorycrafters think about the spec in pve, and what do the beta testers think?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you're on crack mate, seek help.

no im serious i can't imagine ele being better than mage, mage is simply...mage, just look at the history of warcraft, or look at diablo 3, yup that mage/wizard is just blizzards fetish they can't get enough of making them the best class.

edit: oh and mage in arena on hearthstone is pretty fucking strong.
    I'm re-rolling from Mage because it was awful to play in WoD, and now I find it boring in Legion. Ele at least has dynamic talents and a satisfying proc. Better spell effects too. I've also done a couple dozen battlegrounds since the patch, and I've had a good time. Rogues suck to deal with, but considering every caster has that problem, that's a Rogue problem, not an Ele problem. Just play with your friends and coordinate peels for Rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post
    icy veins says the spec is terrible in pve. bad scaling, low damage on most fights, significant ramp up time, bad with movement.

I personally hate how simplistic elemental is now. And I hate how any idiot who just started playing 5 days ago can play the spec just as good because it requires no brain power now.
    Firstly, icy veins ele guide is bad for your health.
    bad scaling - no idea. i cant maths to the degree required to accurately reply to this
    low damage on most fights - there's not really a solid way to assess this yet (either for or against - wtf IV?). boss testing parses are varied in player skill, and tuning is still happening (expect patches early after launch too). there's not even a simulationcraft breakdown yet since SimC is still being worked on for some classes (not that that's a perfect metric either).
    significant ramp up time - nope. opposite. its vastly improved since WoD - mostly thanks to shock cds disappearing.
    bad with movement - we're one of the better specs for movement. again, shock cds disappearing helped significantly, gust of wind/windrush totem. can talent Icefury.

as for simplistic, well first of all have you ever played hunter? now that is simplistic. Ele has never really been one for 'hidden' mechanics. the rotation is straight up, but quite long to rememeber. The skill is in picking the right combination of spells for the situation you are in, which is the reason why the rotation list is so long (there's 4 steps in movement alone).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Criticism in general, no matter how warranted. Look at the totem projection thread about the no path available issue.
    Complete bullshit. I've criticized plenty myself, I just can't take the toxic tone and dismissive attitude towards development and/or other players that happen to disagree or, for example, just like something that some here don't. And just fyi, most people avoid these forums or don't post here anymore because of said attitudes, it's just not fun.

Shock and horror, on other forums people critisize just as much, but reflexive ad hominem garbage thrown at devs, or statements à la "if you disagree you are an inexperienced pleb" (more or less) are not tolerated, so guess why it's a lot nicer to discuss there? Honestly I don't even know why I bother with this place anymore, it's more or less just habit.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Complete bullshit. I've criticized plenty myself, I just can't take the toxic tone and dismissive attitude towards development and/or other players that happen to disagree or, for example, just like something that some here don't. And just fyi, most people avoid these forums or don't post here anymore because of said attitudes, it's just not fun.

Shock and horror, on other forums people critisize just as much, but reflexive ad hominem garbage thrown at devs, or statements à la "if you disagree you are an inexperienced pleb" (more or less) are not tolerated, so guess why it's a lot nicer to discuss there? Honestly I don't even know why I bother with this place anymore, it's more or less just habit.

There's nobody else but that one guy doing it. Just ignore him and move on. Treat him like the crazy street preacher breaking into Target stores to yell about bathroom policy.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm re-rolling from Mage because it was awful to play in WoD, and now I find it boring in Legion. Ele at least has dynamic talents and a satisfying proc. Better spell effects too. I've also done a couple dozen battlegrounds since the patch, and I've had a good time. Rogues suck to deal with, but considering every caster has that problem, that's a Rogue problem, not an Ele problem. Just play with your friends and coordinate peels for Rogues.
    Warlocks have no problems with rouges, and mages too. And Ele have problems with warlocks, mages, rouges, warriors, druids, priests and ect. Ele = easy frag. Ele have worst talent synergy in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DesFolk View Post
    Warlocks have no problems with rouges, and mages too. And Ele have problems with warlocks, mages, rouges, warriors, druids, priests and ect. Ele = easy frag. Ele have worst talent synergy in the game.
    You must be playing shitty rogues if your warlock is winning with any ease. All you need to do is vanish his resolve cd and reopen when he has no interrupt immunity and then he's dead. You've got kick, clos, KS for any of his drain life attempts and you can just sit on him beating his face in since he has no mobility.

Same goes for warrior, by the way. Arms warrior pretty much blows everything up.

Ele doesn't even have problem with balance druids, balance druid have a 45 sec cd on their interrupt, yours is 12 sec cd and you got a ranged stun and they don't, and your astral shift mitigates more than their barkskin and your heals heal for more than theirs.

Ele shaman also have no problems with shadow priests. So stop acting like you're this poor little class so much worse off than everybody else when the problem is that pure classes need nerfs.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-07-31 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

Thats what it is... your own problem. I can be dismissive or toxic to whichever 3rd party, which isnt even present on this forum, I want. Not to mention that in the last pages it was just you provocating and posting bullshit like always. You join a discussion just to trigger people who experienced WoD beta, where many people like you were on this forum preaching how great Elemental is.

I dont know what kind of vacuum there is in your head, but no one - really, no one even missed you in the period where you was absent, or "ignoring this forum", how you call it. You're just one person less who posts bullshit without backing it up just to trigger and provoke other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    You must be playing shitty rogues if your warlock is winning with any ease. All you need to do is vanish his resolve cd and reopen when he has no interrupt immunity and then he's dead. You've got kick, clos, KS for any of his drain life attempts and you can just sit on him beating his face in since he has no mobility.

Same goes for warrior, by the way. Arms warrior pretty much blows everything up.

Ele doesn't even have problem with balance druids, balance druid have a 45 sec cd on their interrupt, yours is 12 sec cd and you got a ranged stun and they don't, and your astral shift mitigates more than their barkskin and your heals heal for more than theirs.

Ele shaman also have no problems with shadow priests. So stop acting like you're this poor little class so much worse off than everybody else when the problem is that pure classes need nerfs.
    Please more of your headcanon. Couldnt find a better description to your posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't in WoD beta nor did I comment on it, I joined discussions quite a bit later around here. So much for "headcanon".

I never talked about myself in the slightest, once more it's your style to talk about people instead of discussing calmly.

[QUOTE=Starsha;41658476]
    Firstly, icy veins ele guide is bad for your health.
    significant ramp up time - nope. opposite. its vastly improved since WoD - mostly thanks to shock cds disappearing.
    earthquake totem, fulmination both take a lot of ramp up time, plus flame shock using malestrom makes the situation worse. it's just terrible design.

bad with movement - we're one of the better specs for movement. again, shock cds disappearing helped significantly, gust of wind/windrush totem. can talent Icefury.
    gust of wind,/windrush totem are on the same talent tier, almost every raider is going to take windrush totem and i dont think you can cast while using gust of wind anyways, it's just a really slow blink.

as for simplistic, well first of all have you ever played hunter? now that is simplistic. Ele has never really been one for 'hidden' mechanics. the rotation is straight up, but quite long to rememeber. The skill is in picking the right combination of spells for the situation you are in, which is the reason why the rotation list is so long (there's 4 steps in movement alone).
    we used to have unleash life, elemental fusion stacks, searing totem, earthquake procs, all helped add a little more complexity to the rotation....not that they were fun, but i dont find flame shocking, lava burst, then lightning bolt for 3 hours non stop very fun either. There's no way I can do that and not be bored to death.

The one advantage of fulmination being..... not so good is the ramp up time isn't really affected by it. Hence our burst being so good.

Compared to most ranged specs, we actually have quite good target switching. We're basically at full power after 1 flame shock.

Windrush totem (which actually is a quite nice personal speed boost, don't forget that) isn't something that is going to be mandatory 100% of the time. It's only for specific fights.

Not to mention, we finally got a very useful utility for once. Don't scare it away. (Would've been great for Manno/Archi). Probably will be good for Dragons of Nightmare, Elerethe (especially her) and possibly Xavius.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Oh Mages have issue with Rogues too. Like I said, its a Rogue problem, not a -every ranged class in the game- problem. Also, Surv Hunters are now lowkey Rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Dkenusc;41665341]
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsha View Post

earthquake totem, fulmination both take a lot of ramp up time, plus flame shock using malestrom makes the situation worse. it's just terrible design.

gust of wind,/windrush totem are on the same talent tier, almost every raider is going to take windrush totem and i dont think you can cast while using gust of wind anyways, it's just a really slow blink.

we used to have unleash life, elemental fusion stacks, searing totem, earthquake procs, all helped add a little more complexity to the rotation....not that they were fun, but i dont find flame shocking, lava burst, then lightning bolt for 3 hours non stop very fun either. There's no way I can do that and not be bored to death.
    See that right there is the problem most people have without knowing the spec. It is alot more difficult to play to get what you want. 1stly the entire spec runs off secondary stats, always has. Not enough crit. Ascendance will hit like garbage. Not enough mastery....well guess what you arnt going to beable to duplicate near enough to keep up with others. 2ndly The rotation might seem easy but add in procs and additional secondary effect spells (from Talents) and it becomes a little bit of a cluster F!@k tbh. For example, I want to add Elemental blast to the rotation so i talent for it.add it to my bars. now when do i cast it? .....when is it prioritized?

Simple little things like this people tend to forget that we are not 2/4 button mages that have simple rotations and alot of damage attached to those spells. Elemental has alot of spells but they are small chunks of the bigger picture.

(i love making a decent post 2 pages ago and 0 discussion happened almost because someone derailed it instantly. Dont understand why a simple discussion has to turn into a wizzing contest sometimes.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh Mages have issue with Rogues too. Like I said, its a Rogue problem, not a -every ranged class in the game- problem. Also, Surv Hunters are now lowkey Rogues.
    We have problems with Warlocks, Mages too, lesser problems with balance Druids and Hunters. But our first problem - worst talents ever (normal talents), no synergy with artifact, no interesting choices. Our artifact main ability work with filler spell. In PvP (on live server) they take 43% Mastery but now Crit is better, because ascendance up LVB damage.

How they make Ele design in Legion.

http://coub.com/view/deowd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    Since we are back to MoP-Mastery does anyone know if CL chance to overload is still mastery/3 or is it now mastery/5 as we hit now 5 targets baseline with CL ?

EDIT: So I just went to a Single-Target dummy in sw. 140 CL casted, 19 Overloads while hevaing 52.85% Mastery.

19/140 * 100 = 13.57%

13.57% / 52.85% * 100 = 25,67% ==> roughly 1/4

Though the testing number is a little to small to take this as a fact.
    Quoting myself as nobody seemed to answer. Anyone got any information on this ?

We have problems with Warlocks, Mages too, lesser problems with balance Druids and Hunters. But our first problem - worst talents ever (normal talents), no synergy with artifact, no interesting choices. Our artifact main ability work with filler spell. In PvP (on live server) they take 43% Mastery but now Crit is better, because ascendance up LVB damage.

How they make Ele design in Legion.

http://coub.com/view/deowd
    thats every tier, it's hard to remember when i did anything better than a fucking mage.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Backpedling? I openly said his new project is shit. He also tends to overreact on Twitter, so I did this publicly.
    I don't think Earthshrine can be classified as my "new project", and if by over-reacting on twitter you mean dealing with douchebaggery from a bunch of guys from the Hunter discord, I should point out I have a low tolerance for douchebags.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    I don't think Earthshrine can be classified as my "new project", and if by over-reacting on twitter you mean dealing with douchebaggery from a bunch of guys from the Hunter discord, I should point out I have a low tolerance for douchebags.
    He's not worth it. This is what he does. Baits drama and toxic negativity.