Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Does Lightning Rod increase the damage of storm elemental?
    Not possible, because they are on the same tier.

Does Primal Elementest increase the damage from sons of flame?
    Currently, the two talents do not work together. Sons of Flame only works with "Greater Fire Elemental" not "Primal Fire Elemental." This presents questions for what happens when Fire Elemental becomes Lightning Elemental with the artifact. Currently though, Sons of Flame > PE (without SE). Evaluating the difference between SoF + LR/LM/SE + Totemic Fury vs. EF + SE + PE will be more difficult without sims/spreadsheets.

Does Totemic fury multiply with above (given you results i assume so now). Does Elemental Focus also work multiplitevly? Do these bonuses apply to overloads of the same spell?
    Yes/yes/yes

P.S.
    Can i macro lightning rod to trigger at the end of stormkeeper because those overlapping cds are op looking.
    I was unable to make one work. It's worth noting Stormkeeper has a 15 second duration for you to fire off your 3 LBs
    Last edited by jimmyolsen; 2016-01-19 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    Currently, the two talents do not work together. Sons of Flame only works with "Greater Fire Elemental" not "Primal Fire Elemental." This presents questions for what happens when Fire Elemental becomes Lightning Elemental with the artifact. Currently though, Sons of Flame > PE (without SE). Evaluating the difference between SoF + LR/LM/SE + Totemic Fury vs. EF + SE + PE will be more difficult without sims/spreadsheets.
    There are many questions about Elementals and our talents / traits regarding that topic.

- Sons of Flame doesn't work with Primal Elementalist - why?

- Do Sons of Flame turn into Sons of Lightning when our Fire Elemental becomes a Lightning Elemental?

- Does Primal Elementalist turn our Lightning (=Fire) Elemental into a Primal Lightning Elemental?

I really hopy Blizzard is not that lazy and blocks out some talents in that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There are many questions about Elementals and our talents / traits regarding that topic.

- Sons of Flame doesn't work with Primal Elementalist - why?

- Do Sons of Flame turn into Sons of Lightning when our Fire Elemental becomes a Lightning Elemental?

- Does Primal Elementalist turn our Lightning (=Fire) Elemental into a Primal Lightning Elemental?

I really hopy Blizzard is not that lazy and blocks out some talents in that way.
    Im willing to give blizz the benefit of a doubt and say they will fix all these so that our talents mesh well together with our artifact tree. Would also be cool if our lightning ele proc lightning rod. Doubtful since it says our spells, but i guess one could argue our ele's are indeed spells we cast now.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would be counter intuative for our Talents to not mesh well, but there are some major concerns that i have regarding the elementals, Still drop a fire ele and our Earth ele which is now only a DR still goes on cooldown for the duration of the Fire ele. That is counter intuative in the events of a high damage burn phase we cannot do both, tbh i think they should just scrap tying our DR to a pet and Give us our Wrath version of Astral Shift back, it was deemed to powerful then only to be given to monks 2 expansions later.

I see they are going the Full elemental route, but when that artifact has been finished with all points done, it will automatically make our Storm Elemental talent almost useless, we will probably have so much haste ect, to run a almost permanent Fire ele (Lightning ELE). Now to make sons of flame a valuable talent make it work with all elemental summons, Storm for instance procs 2 little storm ele's with it and the like for the other elementals.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    That is counter intuative in the events of a high damage burn phase we cannot do both, tbh i think they should just scrap tying our DR to a pet and Give us our Wrath version of Astral Shift back, it was deemed to powerful then only to be given to monks 2 expansions later.
    Not sure if it's still true in Legion, that Earth Elemental and Fire Elemental share a CD.

Previously, PE was a major dampener on this because 2 Pet bars aren't possible (or wanted) currently.

In Legion, PE no longer gives Earth Elemental a Pet bar, only Storm & Fire Elemental.

Also, the CD and duration of Fire Elemental and Earth Elemental are now vastly different.

Not possible, because they are on the same tier.

Yes/yes/yes

I was unable to make one work. It's worth noting Stormkeeper has a 15 second duration for you to fire off your 3 LBs
    sorry not storm elemental I meant to say lightning elemental from artifact weapon thanks for the info though

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Not sure if it's still true in Legion, that Earth Elemental and Fire Elemental share a CD.

Previously, PE was a major dampener on this because 2 Pet bars aren't possible (or wanted) currently.

In Legion, PE no longer gives Earth Elemental a Pet bar, only Storm & Fire Elemental.

Also, the CD and duration of Fire Elemental and Earth Elemental are now vastly different.
    Earth Element can be cast at the same time as the Fire or Storm ele, thats why he doesnt get a pet bar.
    Last edited by nazrakin; 2016-01-20 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Earth Element can be cast at the same time as the Fire or Storm ele, thats he he doesnt get a pet bar.
    Confirmed, even with Primal Elementalist

Primal Earth Ele lasts 15 seconds and only does 300 per swing (looks like a 2 second swing timer), so still worthless for dps purposes.

Confirmed, even with Primal Elementalist

Primal Earth Ele lasts 15 seconds and only does 300 per swing (looks like a 2 second swing timer), so still worthless for dps purposes.
    Yes Earth ele is our self/raid Def cd now, utility hype boys!

so is ele fun with all the new changes? some of us would actually like to know if the spec is better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkenusc View Post
    so is ele fun with all the new changes? some of us would actually like to know if the spec is better or worse.
    Fun is always subjective and the release date is still far away so changes could come which impact the spec.

It's better than it is now (worse than now is most likely impossible) but it still has some major design flaws.

7+ Year Old Account
    From what I've seen, it looks a lot more fun than it currently is. No more having to drop Searing Totem. Just start casting your spells and only drop a totem if you've spec'd Maelstrom Totem or if you want to AoE. As Nyel said, it's quite hard to be worse than the current play style :P But yeah there are flaws. Like a cast time on Stormkeeper. That really needs to be instant-cast.

Deleted
    Anyone know if the PvP talents will be available while PvE'ing? or are they only active when PvP'ing? I ask as things like Fire and Ice appear to have some decent PvE implications given we're losing some of our mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhelm View Post
    Anyone know if the PvP talents will be available while PvE'ing? or are they only active when PvP'ing? I ask as things like Fire and Ice appear to have some decent PvE implications given we're losing some of our mobility.
    PVP talents are only active in pvp.

Deleted
    IMHO, Elemental is currently in the same state if not worse in Legion alpha. It definitely has a long road to go to become better than status quo.

- they remove SWG (not even making it a talent)
    - Gust of Wind is really slow, it should have roughly the execution speed of a Monk roll (it is a Gust of Wind afterall and not a breeze of wind)
    - that roar totem should totally be baseline and SWG added in its place
    - too much AE ramp up time, it gets worse each expansion
    - Lava Burst became our filler spell
    - Purge costs a GCD and 20 Maelstrom to use
    - there are so many talents and artifact spells that require you to have FS on the target, while FS itself does the same pathetic amount of damage it always did
    - new Ascendance is a major no-go with its Lava Shock, generally not feeling any more powerful when you use it
    - Lightning Rod while very good at the first glance feels like the Flame Shock for our nature based spells
    - Stormkeeper cast time.. why?
    - Flame Shock shouldnt cost Maelstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato88 View Post
    From what I've seen, it looks a lot more fun than it currently is. No more having to drop Searing Totem. Just start casting your spells and only drop a totem if you've spec'd Maelstrom Totem or if you want to AoE. As Nyel said, it's quite hard to be worse than the current play style :P But yeah there are flaws. Like a cast time on Stormkeeper. That really needs to be instant-cast.
    They renamed Searing to Maelstrom Totem and made it a talent instead.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    IMHO, Elemental is currently in the same state if not worse in Legion alpha. It definitely has a long road to go to become better than status quo.

- they remove SWG (not even making it a talent)
    - Gust of Wind is really slow, it should have roughly the execution speed of a Monk roll (it is a Gust of Wind afterall and not a breeze of wind)
    - that roar totem should totally be baseline and SWG added in its place
    - too much AE ramp up time, it gets worse each expansion
    - Lava Burst became our filler spell
    - Purge costs a GCD and 20 Maelstrom to use
    - there are so many talents and artifact spells that require you to have FS on the target, while FS itself does the same pathetic amount of damage it always did
    - new Ascendance is a major no-go with its Lava Shock, generally not feeling any more powerful when you use it
    - Lightning Rod while very good at the first glance feels like the Flame Shock for our nature based spells
    - Stormkeeper cast time.. why?
    - Flame Shock shouldnt cost Maelstrom.
    This is pretty much how I feel. Its more likely I will be going enhance for the first time since vanilla this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

I am finding it unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    This is pretty much how I feel. Its more likely I will be going enhance for the first time since vanilla this expansion.
    I am pretty sure I'll be doing the same, but im afraid because it deosn't feel like Blizzard gives any more love to enhance than than they do to Elemental. I would switch classes but I've put so much work into my Shaman so I'm even more hesitant to do that. At this point, im just praying every night that one of the Shaman specs become a wanted spec for raiding.

If Flame Shock doesn't cost Maelstrom then they're just going to put a cooldown on it again. I don't know why people keep asking for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    If Flame Shock doesn't cost Maelstrom then they're just going to put a cooldown on it again. I don't know why people keep asking for that.
    Because Flame Shock does shit damage and we only apply it for the Lava Surge proc. There's no reason to put a limitation on it in form of a CD or a MS cost, since we will never do competitive multi dot damage. Make it cost 100 MS, increase the duration to 6 minutes and decrease damage to 0 per tick - it would make zero difference.

Seriously, we're the only spec in this game since early Cata who've a mechanic like FS requirement so that LvB does extra damage. The last spec to have this got fixed 3 expansions ago, and yet its not even considered in the first changes.