Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    Don't forget we also lose the 30% speed buff from Unleash. Thus, ghost wolf and gust of wind are our only run speed increases. Elemental has needed Spirit Walk (not having SWG is fine in my opinion) for a long time.
    With the increased frequency of Lava Surge procs available in Legion I think being able to cast on the move is going to be less of an issue. I do think Gust of Wind should be a made baseline though, so it doesn't have to compete with Wind Rush Totem. Every caster spec should have some sort of self-only mobility tool available to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menubrea View Post
    With the increased frequency of Lava Surge procs available in Legion I think being able to cast on the move is going to be less of an issue. I do think Gust of Wind should be a made baseline though, so it doesn't have to compete with Wind Rush Totem. Every caster spec should have some sort of self-only mobility tool available to them.
    Speculation. This is up for debate and could be changed. We already calculated that with all the changes you'd be casting Lava Burst 66% of the time - which is simply silly and wont go live like this.

What we know, on the other hand, is our given toolkit as of yet. Which proved to get minimal changes throughtout the whole beta phase in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Menubrea View Post
    If Elemental Fusion and Surge of Power both exist in their leaked forms at launch, it'll be problematic. With the 20% base line lava surge proc, you would have a 43% chance to get a lava surge proc. Combined with echo of the elements, lava burst will be far too high a proportion of our cast time (as UcanDo mentions, it'd be close to 2/3 of our cast time). If EF and SoP are actually multiplicative instead of additive, you would have two incredibly weak abilities that no one would touch.

In regards to damage while moving: currently Frost Shock is listed as 77% of spell power with 0-20 maelstrom cost (MP increases debuff time). I don't expect that to go live, as having a 5-second duration instant cast snare with no cool down is a bit ridiculous for pvp. If it does go live, that's a decent spammable instant cast for movement once you've blown your earth shock/lava surges.

Regardless, I don't think Spiritwalker's Grace is the answer. The problem is not damage done while moving, it's mobility; SwG does nothing to solve that. Gust of Wind base line would be work. Spirit Walk would also work. Spiritwalker's grace is just a luxury spell for which blizzard can claim we don't need any damage improvements since we can "cast while moving."

New Elemental artifact skill: (One in the middle with a Golden circle)

http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator#dRRRxzzzz

Sounds neat for Burst AoE considering that it affects Cl as well.

Deleted
    TBH, I dont like all that short CD stuff they're throwing around in Legion.

The artifact trees are looking much nicer. Personal highlights:

Elemental
    -Stormkeeper: Finally get a strong damage cooldown. Looks to cost 60ms.
    -Fury of the Stormlord: Should look visually badass, but also should work out well with the amount of Flame Shocks we're gonna be dishing out. Also much better to summon Ra than Thorim.
    -Volcanic Inferno: Quite excited to see how this works. Needs to make sure to not break CC.
    -Searing Shocks: Zero worries about Flame Shock duration after seeing this.

Enhancement
    -Doom Winds: Windfury windfury windfury
    -Gathering of the Maelstrom: Should hopefully dissuade fears of spamming Rockbiter constantly. Remains to be seen, though.
    -Unleash Doom: Definitely wanna see this in action.

Overall I am quite happy with how these are looking. Looking at the enhancement traits really gets me excited to try the spec out more.

Bigger question, though: relic slots. Wonder what the rationale behind the slot types are going to be. Elem has frost (???) and wind, Enh has wind and fire, and resto has water and life. All seems to line up except that random frost slot for elemental.

Will need to see more about how the relics are going to be pan out before deciding if those are good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Troopsmith View Post
    Bigger question, though: relic slots. Wonder what the rationale behind the slot types are going to be. Elem has frost (???) and wind, Enh has wind and fire, and resto has water and life. All seems to line up except that random frost slot for elemental.
    RE: Frost rune:
    I guess it makes sense if Frost Shock does remain a 0-maelstrom spell, 0 cd spell. It would be our filler while moving (FlS if about to expire > Lava Surge > ES >FrS). There's no earth/nature rune unless you count Life. If they wanted elemental and enhance to have a different combo, they could have gone with iron + fire for Enhance since that's exactly what the standard skin of doomfist will be.

Re: Artifact tree

Searing Shocks is low value. 30 second duration on Flame shock was fine, we're just spoiled by archi trinket.

Stormkeeper: A nice 60-second cooldown. 3 guaranteed crits is nice already with our high crit modifier. The fact that it does 3X damage on top of that is fantastic. Remember that with Totemic Fury those three LBs will come much faster too. I am the opposite of UCanDoSht in regards to short CDs. I much prefer the idea of a 45-60 second cd spell that can be ready for small add-spawns than having to rely solely on 3 or 5-minute cds. A mixture of cooldown lengths is ideal, especially if they can be stacked easily.

Doomwinds also looks decent, but 45 seconds is an odd timer. It doesn't line up well with any of enhancement's actives.

Gathering of the Maelstrom was already factored into Wordup's analysis regarding how rockbiter dominates.

One thing i noticed from browsing other class artifact trees are that they look rather boring compared to DPS shaman in general. They seem to mostly just be flat % damage increases to spells and abilities for the most part. I suspect that maybe it's just they are early versions of those trees.
    Some, not all mind you , of the shaman talents seem to so far be interesting enhancements to our abilities. For exsample for ele talents like Master of Elements , Elementalist , Static Overload And Electrical Discharge seem to be more than just flat damage % increases.
    Electrical Discharge has 3 talent tiers with the 1st increasing chain lighting jumps by 2 so im excited to experience it if it follows the pattern and gets us up to +6 additional jumps. Can u say? "UNLIMITED POWAH!!" lol
    I know its still early and im probably allowing the hypetrain to take me for a ride but its looking like shaman might have some very fun and interesting play in Legion.

Just want to clarify that i am talking about the NON-Golden talents when i say that other classes seems to be boring so far.
    Last edited by Rawklobster; 2015-12-03 at 01:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://beta.wowdb.com/items/128935-the-fist-of-ra-den

Looky at that bonus.....anyone with the final lavaburst damage increase if all talents increase its frequency and damage? How hard could it theoretically hit for in this proposed state?

Not a fan of the stats tbh, If Shamanism doesnt reduce cast times it seems that Mastery and haste should be on that thing, if it does reduce cast times again then Mastery and crit are fine or am i confused?

Quote Originally Posted by gambit998 View Post
    http://beta.wowdb.com/items/128935-the-fist-of-ra-den

Looky at that bonus.....anyone with the final lavaburst damage increase if all talents increase its frequency and damage? How hard could it theoretically hit for in this proposed state?

Not a fan of the stats tbh, If Shamanism doesnt reduce cast times it seems that Mastery and haste should be on that thing, if it does reduce cast times again then Mastery and crit are fine or am i confused?
    The stats are placeholder. Every artifact has Mastery and Crit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyolsen View Post
    If Elemental Fusion and Surge of Power both exist in their leaked forms at launch, it'll be problematic. With the 20% base line lava surge proc, you would have a 43% chance to get a lava surge proc. Combined with echo of the elements, lava burst will be far too high a proportion of our cast time.
    Now that they took that talent out of our weapon (disappointing) we can only reach 30% chance if we spec into that talent in our Elem tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Now that they took that talent out of our weapon (disappointing) we can only reach 30% chance if we spec into that talent in our Elem tree.
    Lava surge actually has a 10% proc rate baseline on the beta, meaning ele fusion brings it up to 20% (back up to the live value), assuming it's additive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Lava surge actually has a 10% proc rate baseline on the beta, meaning ele fusion brings it up to 20% (back up to the live value), assuming it's additive.
    FS ticks are down to 2 sec from 3 sec, fyi.

What the fuck? Really? This is pretty disappointing if true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    FS ticks are down to 2 sec from 3 sec, fyi.
    Ok, I'm a little less worried then.

Oh shit that sucks. That's actually a huge nerf and I'm suprised it hasn't received much attention anywhere.

Deleted
    Flameshock is gonna be so damn awkward without the archi trinket though. from 2 minutes to like 30 sec again :S

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Flameshock is gonna be so damn awkward without the archi trinket though. from 2 minutes to like 30 sec again :S
    Don't forget that Elemental Fusion in its current form doesn't exist. So you won't need to worry about stacking buffs before casting FS. It'll just be back to being more of a normal dot. Now with no cooldown!

Are we losing our spell reflect? I enjoy that hope its not gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    So lava burst can be buffed by: Regular talents, PvP talents (massive buff), Artifact talents, AND artifact weapon proc. Suck that chaos bolt.
    Vodoo Totem seems very strong in pvp. Having a npc that can cc an entire arena team is very good. (Psy-fiend in mind)
    PvP talents also look very good. We got shaman fist of justice, Ghost wolf second wind, and the totem row looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    So lava burst can be buffed by: Regular talents, PvP talents (massive buff), Artifact talents, AND artifact weapon proc. Suck that chaos bolt.
    Vodoo Totem seems very strong in pvp. Having a npc that can cc an entire arena team is very good. (Psy-fiend in mind)
    PvP talents also look very good. We got shaman fist of justice, Ghost wolf second wind, and the totem row looks interesting.
    All the huge buffs to lava burst from talents, artifact buffs and PvP are to offset the fact it's no longer auto crit, however when it does crit it's probably going to be even stronger than chaos bolt if the numbers stay the way they are, but I doubt that'll be the case, but the 200% lava burst buff in PvP is actually scary, artifact proc +100%, flameshock on, +200% talent, + Path of flame, + artifact buffs, and if elemental fury is still part of the spec, awwwwww yeeeeeeeah.

Voodoo totem is partly what's pushing me towards shaman, if it works with improved hex (resto) from the PvP talent tree it'd be a 10 second aoe hex totem, even at 30 second cooldown it seems insanely strong, i'd guess it's gonna be a 1 minute cooldown and still be effected by improved hex making it 40 second cooldown, even just a normal hex at 10 second cooldown is actually sexy as hell. I think the lightning lasso talent will be a channeled stun considering it does damage over 8 seconds, similar to succubus mes, if not and it's just a stun on a 30 second cooldown then it's not interesting but it sure as hell is welcome.

But it's all still early alpha stuff, probably gonna be a few changes and balances, I'd hope for one, earth shock would hurt a bit more, 300% spell power at the moment is a bit of a joke, hell if you spec fire and ice in PvP frost shock would do 220% spell power damage... with no cooldown that's a crazy strong ability no cooldown spammable 50% snare... kek. If only