Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Don't know why you would expect that. The legion shatters and destroys any world they come across and enslave it's people. The only thing you can expect is an empty, lonely fragment of a planet that existed ages ago. I feel this is perfect.
    But is that a good Warlock fortress thought? A empty, lonely fragment of a planet? Its perfect in the sense that it belongs to the Legion and its awesome that we deal such a blow to the Legion, but I don't see how it really relates to our class fantasy.

Warlocks never hang out in buildings if they can avoid it, did you ever notice that? Also, the Warlock hall is more exposed to the elements than the Shaman class hall

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    But is that a good Warlock fortress thought? A empty, lonely fragment of a planet? Its perfect in the sense that it belongs to the Legion and its awesome that we deal such a blow to the Legion, but I don't see how it really relates to our class fantasy.
    Yes, actually. It is the perfect place for warlocks to attempt more dangerous spells that would probably would be forbidden on Azeroth. Also, it is in the Twisting Nether, so it allows them to be closer to exotic magics which are not native to Azeroth.

A little too green for my tastes. When I think of locks, I picture purple shadow magic, not fel.

I feel karazhan type buildings on the land would be better, an underground cave filled with summoning portals...
    Sitting ona rock, thats just dull.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Deleted
    Hrm, obviously lacks lighting, some props and effects. But I'm kinda underwhelmed. But well, it's not done yet.

Also if they just put in a demon Pepe, it could look like old WoW 1.0 tree quality and I wouldn't care.

Also, how do we breath on a fragment without atmosphere? Anyone? Physics?
    Last edited by mmoc72f1823250; 2015-11-25 at 12:24 AM.

Hard to judge unfinished but it doesn't look bad so far imo

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Magic, I imagine.

We breathe heresy, that's what keeps the warlocks alive.

Also, the hall looks cool. I can see it getting a bit more of love once people put their feet on it and start tossing suggestions. We run with the advantage that it is a floating rock in the middle of space, so anything can be put in it and it would kinda fit in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unending Breath, duh. Do you even warlock, brah?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Yes, actually. It is the perfect place for warlocks to attempt more dangerous spells that would probably would be forbidden on Azeroth. Also, it is in the Twisting Nether, so it allows them to be closer to exotic magics which are not native to Azeroth.
    Like what forbidden spells? We already dabble in forbidden magic as is. That's why Garrosh also despised the Warlocks and purged them in the Siege of Orgrimmar.
    I suppose there are magics to learn outside of Azeroth and the like, but why would it be different from being on Outland? Outland was pulled into the Twisting Nether when Draenor was ripped a part.

Needless to say, it's not like the class hall is BAD, but it's really underwhelming. It is however a very early look as well and I quite understand that part. Nothing is final thus far - I just hope we see some Warlock'ish decor to pimp the place up - otherwise it's just a legion planet with legion architecture. I don't agree that this is the 'perfect' class hall, but it's not horrible either.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post

I mean, I've always been stoked for our own isle.
    Here is the datamine from 5.2, which this class hall is based off. Although it really doesn't look pretty, it does however feel a lot more "Warlocky" to me.
    The big green demonic gate. Altars used for summoning great beasts. Orbs of darkness lying nearby tents planted on the planet. Gateways etc.

I'm pretty sure that is the Obsidian Dragonshrine.....

we get our own PLANET
    this is gonna be sweet
    Be feared, or be fuel

I was insanely excited when they mentioned warlocks would get their own planet for a class hall, and I thought that was going to be a unique selling point for the fantasy of the class. I was really disappointed when Demon Hunters got the same thing, arguably better. It feels like warlocks are taking a back seat to demon hunters in almost everything this expansion. What I'd like to see is some kind of big, evil spire in the middle of our planet and more emphasis on the fact that warlocks are supposed to be just as intelligent if not moreso than mages instead of reducing warlocks down to the single aspect of "ME SO EVIL".

The fantasy of a warlock shouldn't be stereotyped if that makes sense. Sure, it's understandable that a lot of warlocks wouldn't trust one another, but what about the ones that realize the smartest way to gain the most potential power is to band together and work together on researching those forbidden aspects? It would make no sense for one of them to betray their own order and cut themselves off to that kind of massive knowledge gain.

I want a dark/evil themed Dalaran for warlocks essentially. The heart of forbidden knowledge. A place feared by all who would don't operate within its walls. It could be so glorious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is the Obsidian Dragonshrine.....
    I'm aware and I specifically didn't mention that part of the island at all, so I don't know why you're telling me. The cavern on 5.2 island was clearly the interior of the Obsidian Dragonshrine which was also used somewhere in Cata too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping for at least one actual building. Honestly this is quite disappointing so far.

anything i like about it is the coffin things in the middle the rest of it looks pretty fking bad -.- woooo a woods and a portal thing -.-

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    To be honest, I completely agree with you. However, Warlocks have always been the abusing and non-trusting bunch so they probably want to keep them REALLY hidden. Though lets face it, a remote planet nobody else has the knowledge of, let alone any means to get there would be the perfect place to hide said info, so yes: They should have some sort of hidden place for their tomes.

That being said, didn't Warlocks (lore-wise) raid Karazhan of all their books? Those contained some powerful and demonic spells so we would want to keep those around indeed (also, those who read the books often lost their minds, so that's a big plus for Warlocks).
    and all those Grimoires.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say after seeing other halls, our is pretty average on the negative side. Paladin and Priest halls are shit, but Mage, Shaman and Warrior ones amazing.

They should have built some tent for us there, that rock looks pretty cold there.

Deleted
    It looks more promising in this video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObWO370Qz8
    Some of the details are a lot easier to spot in that video, such as the demon corpse stuck in some kind of prison, lots of skeletons and the cool looking boards at the start of the video. A bit more hopeful, but still some work to be done of course.

I love the fact that we have Ritssyn on our side in the class hall. He's not my dang follower, he's my partner now. Dude bore witness to the fall of Ragnaros and he was seriously scarred from the encounter. I hope we get a visit from Jubeka while we're at it. Have the entire Black Harvest show up or something. Last we heard of em, some went to investigate Sulfuron Keep and the Twilight's Hammer stuff.
    Last edited by mmocede777d469; 2015-11-28 at 11:55 AM.