Fire Elemental lasts 'Until Cancelled' Now?

Has anyone noticed glancing over the elemental shaman stuff for legion, that Fire Elemental specifically lasts 'Until Cancelled' ? And that Elementals aren't chained to totems anymore?

Think about this. You can spec almost entirely for just having elementals.

Path of Elements busts Earth Elementals cooldown down to 1 minute (though it only lasts 15 seconds and is now a 30% dmg reduction cooldown. . .weird)
    Sons of Flame in theory leaves you with three permanent pets
    Storm Elemental doesn't appear to share cooldown with Fire Elemental or anything so by way of a DPS cooldown its not terrible.
    Primal Elementalist just leaves all the Elementals you were already spamming anyway balling uh ... 80% harder I guess if the numbers don't get tuned.

I get that if you specced this way you'd probably be the gimpiest shaman ever dps wise, But It's nice that players can now actually control Elementals in a satisfying way instead of somehow having less ability to control Elementals than a Frost mage. You know, given the names of each spec. . .

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing a lot of these are yet to be updated because a few other abilities are "Lasts Untill Canceled" as well.

I don't think it's out of the question that they'll allow us to have a permanent pet, but I'm pretty sure the information that says "Until cancelled" on a lot of a abilities/spells are just errors from mining.

Every single patch, not just expansion, some effect reads "until cancelled". It's just the datamining tools not managing to extract the correct value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take all of it with a rock of salt, it's datamining of the first beta build.
    All we know for sure is that Elementals won't have totems anymore.

Path of Elements busts Earth Elementals cooldown down to 1 minute (though it only lasts 15 seconds and is now a 30% dmg reduction cooldown. . .weird)

all that sounds like to me is, shamanistic rage is gone but you have to use a talent point for it, and you can't use it while stunned, keep nerfing ele survival blizzard, someday you might take 2 to a raid, but for now keep taking 3-4 hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a thread for Enh changes and talent discussion.

CD is reduced BY 60 sec, not to 60 sec...

Quote Originally Posted by scorchmed View Post
    CD is reduced BY 60 sec, not to 60 sec...
    Earth Elemental has a 2-minute CD, thus reducing by 60 seconds reduces to 60 seconds for the defensive cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

all that sounds like to me is, shamanistic rage is gone but you have to use a talent point for it, and you can't use it while stunned, keep nerfing ele survival blizzard, someday you might take 2 to a raid, but for now keep taking 3-4 hunters.
    It actually says that it can be used while stunned, so yeah I guess it is shamanistic rage getting rolled into earth elemental. It makes it slightly nicer for soloing and pve content for sure, since earth elemental still taunts and stuff for its duration

Earth Elemental yea, but still it has almost no sense in PvE.. Just replaced Shamanistic with earth golem and i have to pay a talent for that (where i have actually much better ones)

Earth Elemental yea, but still it has almost no sense in PvE.. Just replaced Shamanistic with earth golem and i have to pay a talent for that (where i have actually much better ones)
    From a Dungeon perspective its a marginal improvement in situations where your tank loses aggro and you start eating hits. You get to tank some hits AND the elemental pulls your ass out of the aggro fire. Also, remember that there will be scaling in zones in legion, so the elites in most zones are going to be dangerous to basically everyone at all times. Having tools for taking mobs off you is going to be important for anyone soloing world content, especially since your likely going to have to spend an ABSURD amount of time doing world content to grind those new legendary necklaces and stuff.

Still i won't waste my dps talents for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lasts until cancelled may just be incomplete information. As the ascendance for Enh shamans also said until cancelled (it now says 1 min). My guess is if no duration is given in code, the game just fills in with until cancelled. The duration will prob pop in after a could of builds.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

Death now lasts until cancelled.

Still i won't waste my dps talents for that.
    Because Fire Elemental and Storm Elemental do not benefit from a CD reduction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because Fire Elemental and Storm Elemental do not benefit from a CD reduction.
    Depends on fight lengths and many other factors. Please stop defending every freaking detail, which doesnt make our class a better one, like its your own life.

Binding a def CD (while removing AS & SR) to EE on a 2 min CD is a bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Depends on fight lengths and many other factors. Please stop defending every freaking detail, which doesnt make our class a better one, like its your own life.

Binding a def CD (while removing AS & SR) to EE on a 2 min CD is a bad decision.
    Haven't even talked about anything regarding removed defensive cd's.

Sure, sometimes it won't increase Dps, but with Storm Elemental the fight needs to be very short or it's gonna be a rather specific length.

Critizing me for "defending every detail", yet denying a dps increase from a cd reduction is quite a double standard.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2015-11-24 at 05:21 PM.