Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm ok with outdoors, in fact, I'm happy with it. I don't really like any other class halls besides warriors' (and I don't even remember some of the class halls), please don't put me in a dark dungeon. Imagine being locked into a dark catacomb for all of Legion. No thank you. Evey single indoor class hall feels claustrofobic to me.

EDIT: Uhh, I've only checked the pictures but now I watched the video, forget the hut, doesn't fit.
    Last edited by Lei; 2015-12-07 at 07:19 AM.

Am I the only shaman who thinks the Class hall looks like complete random trash? (I realize it is still alpha but the couple of class halls looks beautiful, like the monk or druid) Blizzard... please give the shamans some love.. we haven't got some in awhile.

I would have much rather had a class hall in the mountains by the throne of elements or something more exotic than a hole in a rock by the maelstrom..

I tried posting a video to it but I can't because I don't post much, if you haven't seen it and would like to, go to youtube and search the shaman class hall, the youtuber Song Zee had a good video.

EDIT: I looked at the post above me and decided to look at the warrior class hall as I haven't before, that looks amazing.. Maybe it is just me but I feel like blizzard puts off shamans for last as the concentrate most of their effort on other classes, I see this with the resto shaman artifact/talents as most are unfinished. I realize beta hasn't even come out yet but I just feel us shamans haven't gotten a lot of attention in the past (WOD ability pruning, static/boring talents throughout WoD/MoP). Being a resto shaman since beginning of MoP until now as a casually hardcore raider (13/13H first couple weeks of it being out, 5/13M due to low pop server and decreasing with lack of content) It is the first time I have actually considered Re-rolling. Curious to see how my fellow shamans feel.
    Last edited by Sonofajewponer; 2015-12-09 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Added more info.

Its not my favorite but I dont think it looks like trash either. Being next to the Malestrom where you can see the elements raging is a nice touch, imo. Keep in mind that not all class halls are at the same level of completeness. Blizzard said that the Shaman hall in particular is missing a lot of props, lighting, and texture work. The belief is that that is why none of the Shaman specs are available in alpha yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    tbh form e looks prety solid and its not even completed so may be even better

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    What I'd like to see:

Keep it at the maelstrom! It is a good location, very heavy lore-wise. You could accociate it with night elves, arcane mage, legion and whatever, but it is also the biggest scar on our world, a gate to the elemental planes and yes, is pretty damn epic

HOWEVER!

Add something more. In my mind, there could be an old, night elven temple on the hangs of the biggest of those rock needles.
    Due to being on the side opposite to the maelstrom, it was spared the big impact that sunk all other buildings to the sea. Some rooms collapsed, some have holes or cracks, and some are pretty well intact.
    Have the night elven builing be an ancient temple, maybe somehow connected to the primal magics the night elven ancestors practised.
    Apparently night elves developed from troll's (which may have been of shamanistic practise) spending their lives near the well.
    This way, we could even have night elv shamans become a thing, and make the restoration artifact make more sense along the way.

The temple would sit on a sort of stone balcony, surrounded by lush jungle vegetation. It would have a big crypta, whose ancestors you'll have to "befriend" along with the elements around the maelstrom to have you accepted in their resting place.

-The elemental artifact story could be that you have to guard the key (shield) to the elemental planes near it's entrance (maelstrom)
    -The enhancement artifact story could be that thrall, who guarded the maelstrom during the cataclysm, had channeled lots of it's energies through his hammer, infusing it with the strong elemental powers of the maelstrom, requiring it's bearer to have his/her seat of power near the maelstrom. Thrall being needed elsewhere (making up for his mistakes with garrosh, going back to the horde as a core adviser, being unable to keep residing at the maelstrom), he left the doomhammer to his most trusted successor to safeguard the gate to the planes, like he did.
    -The restoration artifact could be directly linked to the night elven temple. Maybe even found in it. Restoring the primal shamanism of the pre-nightelves, you'll have these night elven spirits empower this orb once more, to restore balance to the world, or something.

The jungles around the temple would be habitated by powerful beasts, affected by the strong elemental and spiritual energies in that place, having them grow in size and strenght and even develop certain powers, making them...perfect shaman mounts1!1!
    This would add something more to draw on in terms of the spirit of the wilds theme, besides feral spirits.
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2015-12-10 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    What I'd like to see:

Keep it at the maelstrom! It is a good location, very heavy lore-wise. You could accociate it with night elves, arcane mage, legion and whatever, but it is also the biggest scar on our world, a gate to the elemental planes and yes, is pretty damn epic

HOWEVER!

Add something more. In my mind, there could be an old, night elven temple on the hangs of the biggest of those rock needles.
    Due to being on the side opposite to the maelstrom, it was spared the big impact that sunk all other buildings to the sea. Some rooms collapsed, some have holes or cracks, and some are pretty well intact.
    Have the night elven builing be an ancient temple, maybe somehow connected to the primal magics the night elven ancestors practised.
    Apparently night elves developed from troll's (which may have been of shamanistic practise) spending their lives near the well.
    This way, we could even have night elv shamans become a thing, and make the restoration artifact make more sense along the way.

The temple would sit on a sort of stone balcony, surrounded by lush jungle vegetation. It would have a big crypta, whose ancestors you'll have to "befriend" along with the elements around the maelstrom to have you accepted in their resting place.

-The elemental artifact story could be that you have to guard the key (shield) to the elemental planes near it's entrance (maelstrom)
    -The enhancement artifact story could be that thrall, who guarded the maelstrom during the cataclysm, had channeled lots of it's energies through his hammer, infusing it with the strong elemental powers of the maelstrom, requiring it's bearer to have his/her seat of power near the maelstrom. Thrall being needed elsewhere (making up for his mistakes with garrosh, going back to the horde as a core adviser, being unable to keep residing at the maelstrom), he left the doomhammer to his most trusted successor to safeguard the gate to the planes, like he did.
    -The restoration artifact could be directly linked to the night elven temple. Maybe even found in it. Restoring the primal shamanism of the pre-nightelves, you'll have these night elven spirits empower this orb once more, to restore balance to the world, or something.

The jungles around the temple would be habitated by powerful beasts, affected by the strong elemental and spiritual energies in that place, having them grow in size and strenght and even develop certain powers, making them...perfect shaman mounts1!1!
    This would add something more to draw on in terms of the spirit of the wilds theme, besides feral spirits.
    except that the enhance story makes no sense at all since he went draenor and has been there since the start of wod. I think you are trying to make the location tie into the questline a bit too much. For the most part the location of the hall is due to massive sympathetic magic power at that location.

For the maelstrom you have a constant storm, the ocean, lightning, and a direct link to the earthen plane (because we can't be tanks rofl).

Side note/dead horse
    I do wonder if 4th spec will ever become a thing. Not in the traditional argument for shamans but I mean other classes as well who have gaping holes in the lore/gameplay. Monks for example are missing chi-ji since mistweaver became more yulon. They are another example of a class that would be easy to turn into 4 spec class especially after their upcoming rework. Although they had crane stance for a while I would like to see Shamans and Monks covering all the roles. The pure DPS classes would be both the hardest and easiest since all blizz can do is make stuff up. Paladins could be turned into a 4th spec easily enough.
    Last edited by shammypie; 2015-12-10 at 06:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post

Side note/dead horse
    I do wonder if 4th spec will ever become a thing. Not in the traditional argument for shamans but I mean other classes as well who have gaping holes in the lore/gameplay. Monks for example are missing chi-ji since mistweaver became more yulon. They are another example of a class that would be easy to turn into 4 spec class especially after their upcoming rework. Although they had crane stance for a while I would like to see Shamans and Monks covering all the roles. The pure DPS classes would be both the hardest and easiest since all blizz can do is make stuff up. Paladins could be turned into a 4th spec easily enough.
    i dont think it will hapen, another dps spec for pures seems a bit obsolete and range pala would be another priest basicly shaman tank speec would be nice to have for sure but pures would want to have zome other roles if not all to then prabobly, that would make more uproar than anyone would want and some tremendous amount of work from blizz to be done asuming they dont plan something like that ahead and not doing it quietly for some time :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    i dont think it will hapen, another dps spec for pures seems a bit obsolete and range pala would be another priest basicly shaman tank speec would be nice to have for sure but pures would want to have zome other roles if not all to then prabobly, that would make more uproar than anyone would want and some tremendous amount of work from blizz to be done asuming they dont plan something like that ahead and not doing it quietly for some time :P
    i honestly don't think they would do it for pures that's why i said they would just have to make things up which they is unlikely. Ranged paladin would be a lot of different from the priest as the primary damage would be holy instead of shadow. Mechanically one class isn't that much different from the next so you could make them distinct enough for players to enjoy another style.

As far as pures crying out that's to be expected with everything. They ignored shamans when druids got a 4th spec so I don't think it's beyond them to ignore the pures as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    except that the enhance story makes no sense at all since he went draenor and has been there since the start of wod. I think you are trying to make the location tie into the questline a bit too much. For the most part the location of the hall is due to massive sympathetic magic power at that location.
    Dunno, maybe the energies around the maelstrom began spiraling out of control because of the doomhammer's departure, and now something has to be done about it. It shouldn't be hard to reason it with "magical matters" that arose at a later time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would fuckin love it if they made a rock formation that looked eerily similar to a giant set of cock n balls. If I were Blizz I would just do it. For the lulz yo
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    No night elves anywhere near my precious shamans, please. They've got nothing to do with us, and they're just an obnoxious race with boring aesthetics in general. This holds true especially if the expansion has a strong night elf theme. They're the least interesting race in the entire game. We don't need to see more of them than is absolutely necessary.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    No night elves anywhere near my precious shamans, please. They've got nothing to do with us, and they're just an obnoxious race with boring aesthetics in general. This holds true especially if the expansion has a strong night elf theme. They're the least interesting race in the entire game. We don't need to see more of them than is absolutely necessary.
    Considering the maelstrom is the result of their meddling in arcane magics, they do have something to do with us. It would make sense for a night elven temple to stand at the location of where a night elven city stood.

Also, Vash'jir harbors the sunken city of the same name, and has got to be one of my most favourite zones of all time.

It comes down to personal opinion, but damn this looks awesome to me. I'd think of similar in terms of the night elven temple ruins, but with thick jungle vegetation instead of kelps and algaes.

sorry for the size, how do I make this a whatsitcalled, thumbtack?
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2015-12-15 at 07:10 PM.

Surely the night elf theme would just seem out of place and would make it seem quite alliance focused rather than being impartial as class halls should be, although it would be nice to have some sort of focal point for the elements power to reside in the class halls, or some sort of temple rather than being completely opened up, like a plateau hanging over the centre of the maelstorm where doomhammer etc could reside and have some sort of connection to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron aegis View Post
    Surely the night elf theme would just seem out of place and would make it seem quite alliance focused rather than being impartial as class halls should be, although it would be nice to have some sort of focal point for the elements power to reside in the class halls, or some sort of temple rather than being completely opened up, like a plateau hanging over the centre of the maelstorm where doomhammer etc could reside and have some sort of connection to.
    The point was to have an ancient, vegetation-covered ruin to recide in, rather than boring rocks. Since there was a night elven city around the well of ternity (now the maelstrom), obviously that ruin would be of night elven origin. That doesn't mean that the entire thing has to remind one of night elves all the time. Vegetation would cover a lot, cracks and missing things and the like would make it much more universal in terms of looks. Also, each and every shaman races could create their own little corner where they honor their dead, ensuring a balanced look.

Looking at how alliance shaman races often receive criticism in being ~meh~ (draeneis being space goats, pandaren being pandaren, and dwarves either you like them or dont). Night Elves imo would be the race next closest to getting shamanism, if at all. If blizz decides to add more new combinations than just gnome hunters, this could be a possibility. The resto artifact could also be what it is due to such plans. Well, personally, any class hall could use some more vegetation, so I envy druids with their lush forest/river/lagoon thingy.