Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Now you are even making up input lag nice. I mean im playing it right now and i have no input lag. You seriously bought version on both consoles to test? Why? I know you are just talking out of your ass now, so ill skip the useless troll stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Now you are even making up input lag nice. I mean im playing it right now and i have no input lag. You seriously bought version on both consoles to test? Why? I know you are just talking out of your ass now, so ill skip the useless troll stuff.
    In fact, there is a strong argument that in one sense at least, the Xbox 360 game is actually more playable than its current-gen sibling. On Xbox One, we complained about input latency and its impact on the game experience. It's not unlike Killzone 2 or the initial release of Uncharted 3 - there's just enough latency there to make aiming mildly frustrating at times. Moving to Xbox 360, we were stunned to discover that this same issue does not exist on Microsoft's older console to anything like the same extent.

In fact, Rise of the Tomb Raider feels significantly more responsive here on Xbox 360. Pulling off headshots and manipulating the camera is a joy and the entire game feels more satisfying to play. So we decided to pop in copies of Tomb Raider 2013 on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 only to discover that these versions feel similar to the last-gen sequel. We're certainly hoping that Crystal Dynamics can sort out this issue on Xbox One in the future but right now, for Xbox 360 owners, there is nothing to worry about.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...aider-face-off

I'm making stuff up? Hardly. It seems you are in denial that the game is not as high of quality as you thought. Just because you can not perceive the issues that make it clearly a cross gen game that has performance issues does not magically make them go away.

The game was "down ported" to a 10 year old console without much of a graphics hit because it's a cross gen game graphics wise. It's nothing special.

The game has even more performance issues on the One then it does on the 360 still even in spite of this.

These are things that are not subjective, they are facts and reasons why the game is no where near the quality you are trying to tout it as. Even comparing it to Uncharted is disrespectful to Naughty Dog from a technical perspective. Come March those graphics will be even less impressive.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-11-24 at 09:13 AM.

Oh i get it, you got all your stuff from a video without actually playing it. No there is no input lag the only time i lagged was one of the sliding section for like 5 second at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Oh i get it, you got all your stuff from a video without actually playing it. No there is no input lag the only time i lagged was one of the sliding section for like 5 second at most.
    Except I have played it(and finished it mind you) and noticed the input lag which is atrocious in this day and age. Digital Foundry is pretty much the definitive source of analyzing game performance, so are you saying your word means more then their evidence? LULZ. Just like I was just a "troll" I guess DF is "trolls". You wouldn't take my word for it and called me a troll so I supply evidence and now I haven't played the game right?

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    Seriously, i love Tomb Raider, i grew up with it.... but i always fear this franchise is walking on thin ice after 2 reboots already.
    Well the upside is that during Gamescon 2015 they accidently leaked info that a third one was in the process of being made. So that's some good news.

As for this one I've only seen talk about it here and there, but since I would only get the PC release I'm not that worried. In fact, hoping when it comes out on PS4 it'll be on a steam sale or something for half off at least. Plus I still need to find some time and finish the first one.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole thing is really awful and could seriously impact the future of this franchise. Square is just such a stupid company it really hurts sometimes. Timed exclusives are one thing but doing a first release against the most hyped game of the year on only one platform is just plain stupid. Perhaps Christmas will improve the numbers.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2015-11-24 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    This whole thing is really awful and could seriously impact the future of this franchise. Square is just such a stupid company it really hurts sometimes. Timed exclusives are one thing but doing a first release against the most hyped game of the year on only one platform is just plain stupid. Perhaps Christmas will improve the numbers.
    Christmas ain't gonna improve the numbers. The sales juggernauts of CoD, Halo, Battlefront, Fallout, Madden, NBA2k, FIFA and Assassins Creed aren't going to suddenly disappear from shelves.

Hell if you think the reported UK sales are bad wait until the November NPD comes out, this game will not be anywhere close to charting. This game is literally the sequel to a game near 10 million copies sold that probably will not even break half a million on the Xbox One and won't break 100k on the 360.

The franchise's core fan base has always been on PS systems, MS and Square took a risk thinking most would buy an Xbox One to play it and the response was a resounding, no... no they won't. By time the game is released on PS4 it will probably be forgotten and not even sell well there. The PC version will eventually sell well as the reboot did, but most of those came at deep discounts and no where near a full $60 price tag.

Wouldn't surprise me with as jaded as Square acts sometimes if they put this on the franchise and not on their horrendous decision making and flat out cancel the 3rd game and put the franchise on hiatus again to be rebooted at a later time.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-11-24 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me with as jaded as Square acts sometimes if they put this on the franchise and not on their horrendous decision making and flat out cancel the 3rd game and put the franchise on hiatus again to be rebooted at a later time.
    That is indeed what I am afraid of and the games you list are indeed typical christmas candidates. I'm not mad about having to wait for the release personally, as I often wait for games to be patched/go on sale/etc. so I can get the full experience without paying through the nose for it. I mean it was similar with the stupid xbox exclusive DLC for Underworld, which was never released anywhere else - no one played that either. You'd think they'd learn.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2015-11-24 at 10:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is this true that if you are pre-ordering the game, you`ll get ancess to “Hope’s Bastion Pack” DLC? Who used it? ))

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider last night and man what a ride! While you were all arguing and beating your chests about which platform is more superior, I was enjoying a solid well rounded game.

I say play this game as soon as you can on your platform, it is better than the 2013 reboot and has a good story line that opens continuity with future of the franchise.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Deleted
    Waiting for it to hit the PC then I'll buy it day one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    I just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider last night and man what a ride! While you were all arguing and beating your chests about which platform is more superior, I was enjoying a solid well rounded game.

I say play this game as soon as you can on your platform, it is better than the 2013 reboot and has a good story line that opens continuity with future of the franchise.
    Better than the Reboot? Damn, I really loved the Reboot, what an amazing game!

Deleted
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/391220/

Rejoice my steam brethren, it has come far sooner then expected.

PS4 still slated til end of 2016.

Was interested in it to play over the holidays, but I don't have an xbox. I got bored and started to watch a let's play. Seems like I would have enjoyed it and maybe I will buy it in February, I would never play it on a console though, man in every lets play I've seen the shooting with an analog stick just looked atrocious. By the looks of it they added more puzzles like in the old games, which is definitely something I'm up for. Sadly they also felt the need to inject action in the form of wanton destruction of historical treasure sites, which makes the character a bit less believable (for all the effort they otherwise take to make her more believable).

If the port is not atrocious I will probably throw some pity cash at SE during the Easter sale at the latest point. I want them to continue this particular reboot, I just hope they won't go for the moronic path next time ..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get it on pc in the summer sale, this was the only instant prepurchase for me, I loved the reboot but boy did they cause me to hate them. Awful pr, short timed console exclusivity is fine if you're honest about it, but they flat out lied and misdirected, total farce for 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'll get it on pc in the summer sale, this was the only instant prepurchase for me, I loved the reboot but boy did they cause me to hate them. Awful pr, short timed console exclusivity is fine if you're honest about it, but they flat out lied and misdirected, total farce for 3 months.
    What did they lie about in terms of exclusivity? It was always classified as "xbox exclusive holiday 2015" with no other real details.

Square/MS fucked up on this deal, but they didn't lie about anything. Let's state facts and not bullshit.

I have a feeling I won't be able to run it on my computer. So I'll have to wait for the PS4 version

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I have a feeling I won't be able to run it on my computer. So I'll have to wait for the PS4 version
    It's a cross gen game that is not that super impressive graphically(the assets and art design are excellent however, big reason it still looks good even running on the 360). If even potato computers can't run it, it's a shit port.

As a long time Tomb Raider fan who played all games since the very first one, I found the reboot to be a complete disgrace for TR franchise. If it's same game design wise, it's going to be another failure in my eyes. Action is not what TR is all about, it's the puzzles and diversity of environment. It was a joy to go Nevada desert and London after jungles of India and conclude the game in Antarctica.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    As a long time Tomb Raider fan who played all games since the very first one, I found the reboot to be a complete disgrace for TR franchise. If it's same game design wise, it's going to be another failure in my eyes. Action is not what TR is all about, it's the puzzles and diversity of environment. It was a joy to go Nevada desert and London after jungles of India and conclude the game in Antarctica.
    Let's face it, the Legends/Anniversary/Underworld trilogy already made them action games with almost no puzzles.

But if it makes you feel any better, this one has more and better puzzles than the previous game. Environment diversity is disappointing though, I agree. You spend the entire game, apart from a short bit, up in the Siberian mountains. I'd actually say the environment is less diverse than even the reboot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    What did they lie about in terms of exclusivity? It was always classified as "xbox exclusive holiday 2015" with no other real details.

Square/MS fucked up on this deal, but they didn't lie about anything. Let's state facts and not bullshit.
    You really should work for SE or MS with that kind of spin, the image is clear, Xbox exclusive | Holiday 2015

You're a facetious plonker and you know full well they completely misrepresented their exclusivity on the reveal which lead to an even more cryptic response from CD where they didn't even have the balls to say it would be coming out on pc or ps4, just that we had temple of Osiris.

But yeah, lets not let facts get in the way that MS/SE/CD did their damnedest to hide the fact it was coming to ps4/pc for as long as possible.

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox.
    we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox.
    is exclusively on Xbox.
    exclusively
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2015-12-27 at 08:47 PM.