15+ Year Old Account

Interesting Ret Paladin Spell

So, I don't want to cause problems if this is some test spell that never made it off the dev slate (especially because the spell is 'Uncategorized' and not 'Paladin - Retribution'), but I was looking through the spells and found some interesting ones.

Particularly this: The Reach of Justice

I don't know the Retribution abilities well in Legion but I think that's pretty much all of our damage sources except Melees at 40 yards. Obviously Melee is pretty relevant, but this could still have a lot of interesting use in PvP and in target switching fights in PvE. I mean, you don't need a gap closer if you can do 90% of your damage from 40 yards away...
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I would love it, I really like having the option to DPS at a small distance, especially on bosses like Tyrant where you gotta move from the circles in phase 1, get out of the stack if you have the debuff in phase 2, and there's crap all over the floor in phase 3..
    Last edited by This Sesshomaru; 2015-11-23 at 08:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

Would be cool, but there is 0 chance of this being an actual thing we can attain in Legion. Nice to fantasize about though. Won't happen.

There is also this Blessing of Light skill. It seems they might be moving our utility away from being a poor man's healer to being more about augmenting our allies. I find it very interesting. I hope this skill in particular makes it to live

Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    I would love it, I really like having the option to DPS at a small distance, especially on bosses like Tyrant where you gotta move from the circles in phase 1, get out of the stack if you have the debuff in phase 2, and there's crap all over the floor in phase 3..

But its kinda suspicious that it mentions Hammer of Justice, wasn't that getting removed? /cries
    Hammer of wrath is being removed. Hammer of Justice is still in

Dont know what they had planned with this? could be a cooldown if anything, but i wouldnt assume it could exist as a passive

Didn't they say that they wanted to make Ret less ranged recently too, in the class blog? Huh.

If it's a cooldown that would be kinda cool I guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Didn't they say that they wanted to make Ret less ranged recently too, in the class blog? Huh.

If it's a cooldown that would be kinda cool I guess though.
    I believe that ability would give you the option of having more ranged spells, but it wouldn't be mandatory. In PVP it might be the "choose this talent against x comp because of their mobility" kind of talent.

Overall: The paladin spells look so sweet and really good. We get a gap closer for pvp (lothars might) and a thing, not sure what to call it, in order to get away from people (divine charger). I'm loving this so far and it feels so good to see those pvp talents, and the pve ones are also awesome. Loving what we're getting so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    Hammer of wrath is being removed. Hammer of Justice is still in
    Ooops, my bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

Deleted
    It could have been planned and since dropped or just a new idea that they haven't properly fitted in yet. Very much goes against what they said about Ret Paladins in their preview though.

Deleted
    Blessing of Light - replaces hand of light. Hand of light as in the Ret mastery? Since there isn't a new spell that is called that way i find it hard to believe that it could be a thing.
    Besides where are the offensiv abilites , right now we are lacking so many of them.

Well, considering what they said about making us more Melee, i'd agree with you Simca that it probably didnt even make the cut after initial development.

However, this might be an Ashbringer talent, making us more effective when in a range from the boss.
    It still would be better to remain in melee ofcourse, for that spell does not extend our Melee attacks, CS and Devine Storm.

If this does not get implemented im going to really miss being able to be half Ranged which make us way more viable for every fight essentially.

But, we will still probably have Turalion's Might, which is an awsome gap closer imo...

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zartorus View Post
    Blessing of Light - replaces hand of light. Hand of light as in the Ret mastery? Since there isn't a new spell that is called that way i find it hard to believe that it could be a thing.
    Could be an error or an idea that they are not sure how to make it work, but our utility spells have been renamed. In general, "Blessings" are buffs we cast on allies or ourselves, while "Hands" are debuffs cast on enemies.
    My guess is they were/are planning to change our mastery's name and give us a new debuff called "Hand of Light" and the Blessing of Light would supposedly replace the debuff spell with a "Blessing" buff spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zartorus View Post
    Besides where are the offensiv abilites , right now we are lacking so many of them.
    no, they wouldn't create blessing of light which totally removes the mastery hand of light, thats just silly. they seem to be creating new spells called hands now, e.g hand of hindrance, so hand of light in this context is more likely one of these. let's just wait and see before QQing

im more excited about Turalyon's Might
    Last edited by Diy; 2015-11-25 at 11:15 AM.

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/183222-hand-of-light

That's the Hand of Light spell. It Heals the paladin personally. I want Blessing of Light as a pvp talent so we have the choice to have some support power

Seal of Light == Hand of Light

Since seals are being removed, makes sense they are shifting some of that utility to active abilities.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

The 40 yard range on attacks actually matches Live more than Beta vision. I wouldn't be against it as those attacks are inherently "ranged" looking to begin with, and not being in melee range is still a gigantic dps loss. But likely something like that would come at the cost of Turalyon's Might or Hand of Hindrance (would make for some good choices though).

But yeah. Probably won't happen. Who knows what talents Ashbringer will bring though.